Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Arcade Version)  (Read 58926 times)

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard
« Reply #90 on: May 05, 2011, 08:19:14 PM »
ive been asking the same questions, doesnt seem so though. i had the same idea cept the RT cancelled into BK like in those hd combos where you cross sides with the BK. if it had been possible it would have been nice, being able to cancel a RT into BK and crossing sides, juggling again for free with CS into TS or BW, but doesnt seem it works.

also i wonder how much this simple terry combo would cost. jump  ;d, st.  ;c (2 hits),  ;df ;c,  ;dn ;db ;bk ;a + ;c, (dc),  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d,  ;dn ;up ;a + ;c.

2 bars 1 DC.

The BnB most Terry players at the arcade I go to is st.C (2), df.C, qcb+A, (DC) qcb+B/D, d/u+AC. That deals around 40% iirc. So I guess the combo you're looking at would be 45%+? Something around there seems right.

Regarding doing two DCs, I know you prefer just DC combos but if you're going to burn the whole bar why not just do an HD since it will 90% of the time deal more damage and give you even more cancel/juggle opportunities.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 05, 2011, 09:13:29 PM »
Terry isn't the character you want to get crazy with DC's. He only has one legit dc and that's the one listed before this post., any other DC would be waste of meter especially two back to back. Now you could do a midscreen or fullscreen burn knuckle, into ex burn knuckle crossup, ex buster wolf.  But other than that you generally don't want to get crazy with dc's they don't do enough damage
" you fight well in the old style"

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2011, 10:35:46 PM »
Terry isn't the character you want to get crazy with DC's. He only has one legit dc and that's the one listed before this post., any other DC would be waste of meter especially two back to back. Now you could do a midscreen or fullscreen burn knuckle, into ex burn knuckle crossup, ex buster wolf.  But other than that you generally don't want to get crazy with dc's they don't do enough damage

You mean like your 20% 2 drive cancel combo? hahahah

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2011, 11:29:57 PM »

You mean like your 20% 2 drive cancel combo? hahahah

Yeah Abe!  We respect that you do that combo and still expect to win =)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2011, 12:13:01 AM »
ive been asking the same questions, doesnt seem so though. i had the same idea cept the RT cancelled into BK like in those hd combos where you cross sides with the BK. if it had been possible it would have been nice, being able to cancel a RT into BK and crossing sides, juggling again for free with CS into TS or BW, but doesnt seem it works.

also i wonder how much this simple terry combo would cost. jump  ;d, st.  ;c (2 hits),  ;df ;c,  ;dn ;db ;bk ;a + ;c, (dc),  ;dn ;db ;bk ;d,  ;dn ;up ;a + ;c.

2 bars 1 DC.

The BnB most Terry players at the arcade I go to is st.C (2), df.C, qcb+A, (DC) qcb+B/D, d/u+AC. That deals around 40% iirc. So I guess the combo you're looking at would be 45%+? Something around there seems right.

Regarding doing two DCs, I know you prefer just DC combos but if you're going to burn the whole bar why not just do an HD since it will 90% of the time deal more damage and give you even more cancel/juggle opportunities.

this way you could do a flashy combo when you are close to a full dc gauge not able to go hd mode. ill try finding the mook again to see what the damage was on C burning knuckle and ex BK. terry really has to spend a lot of bars to get some damage out of a combo, hence the standar combo used is probably prefferable (1dc 1 super bar) since it does close to 50% or something like that.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2011, 12:16:16 AM »
ill try finding the mook again to see what the damage was on C burning knuckle and ex BK.

75/90/160 for his Burning Knuckles (A version/ C version / Ex version).

160 is pretty high for an Ex move. EDIT: I stand corrected, 150-160 seem to be the average give or take although I'm seeing loads of 120s as well.  I'm not including the ones that are meant to be followed up non-drive cancel such as Chin's df.BD, Duolon's f.BD (60dmg lol).  Scanning thru, Joe's Ex DP+K does 120+80 lol, that's roughly what most DMs do in damage.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 12:32:44 AM by Kane317 »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2011, 12:21:32 AM »
yeah i just saw first page, great thing its put up there. also i know you cant cancel the same special again, but its possible to go to the ex version of the move. the system of the game, i dont think its possible to light burning kcuckle (dc), ex bk, (dc) ;a bk?

also nice damage for an ex, incredible that  ;d crackshoot does the same amount when you hit all 4 hits.

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2011, 12:33:20 AM »
yeah i just saw first page, great thing its put up there. also i know you cant cancel the same special again, but its possible to go to the ex version of the move. the system of the game, i dont think its possible to light burning kcuckle (dc), ex bk, (dc) ;a bk?

also nice damage for an ex, incredible that  ;d crackshoot does the same amount when you hit all 4 hits.

You can cancel normal special -> same EX Special

You can't cancel a EX special -> same Normal Special
You can't cancel a normal special -> same Normal Special

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2011, 03:09:22 AM »
got it. also nice damage on joes ex tigerkick.

of topic for terry, but his team mate has some crazy damage on his ex moves. joes ex golden heel does 240! his ex tnt punch? 230! those are some dm numbers right there.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 03:20:34 AM by MUSOLINI »

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2011, 04:48:36 AM »
got it. also nice damage on joes ex tigerkick.

of topic for terry, but his team mate has some crazy damage on his ex moves. joes ex golden heel does 240! his ex tnt punch? 230! those are some dm numbers right there.

Great to use in shorter combos, damage scaling hates multiple hit moves though =(

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 09, 2011, 03:03:29 PM »
Walk towards the opponent spamming  the stand B and hit confirm into EX burning knuckle/ or ex crackshoot to keep the block stun or getting ready for the next mix up.

This is late, but what would the advantage be of st. B -> EX Burn Knuckle vs. st. B -> Buster Wolf?

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 09, 2011, 08:47:44 PM »
ex knuckle is dc cancelable, bw isnt. bw is maxcancelable, but only in hd mode.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 09, 2011, 10:21:12 PM »
ex knuckle is dc cancelable, bw isnt. bw is maxcancelable, but only in hd mode.

Precisely.  This is also a general rule of Ex vs DM.  Ex Specials usually allow you to do further damage by DriveCanceling, DM are for quick damage unless used in HD for MaxCancels.  Ex Burning Knuckle is 160 dmg and Busta Wolf is 90+90.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2011, 03:20:32 AM »
yeah i think when you only have 1 bar and no dc its best to use busta wolf. when you got a super and dc bar, ex knuckle would be best, dc cancel that to crackshoot into rising tackle for much more damage.

but when talking about longer combos, the super might be a better finisher instead of exing and continuing it with the use of dc meter. supers dont scale as much as specials and exspecials. not useful for terry since he doesnt have any long combos anyway. useful for takuma though, since he does.

man i want to play this game badly.

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2011, 03:42:35 AM »
Buster wolf connects after a stand b? You mean ex right, because that's why we do ex burn knuckle instead. I could be wrong tho, I haven't tried doing it in a while and I know there is a specific reason y lol
" you fight well in the old style"