Author Topic: Terry Bogard (Arcade Version)  (Read 58817 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Terry Bogard
« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2011, 01:04:51 PM »
some numbers?
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 30, 2011, 05:03:08 PM »
some numbers?

88 percent is rather low...but it does look nice =P

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 31, 2011, 02:41:01 AM »
still pretty hard hitting, and im sure it looks nice as well. is there a chance well see a ai combi vid any time soon (or just this combo).

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 31, 2011, 03:17:22 AM »
still pretty hard hitting, and im sure it looks nice as well. is there a chance well see a ai combi vid any time soon (or just this combo).

A.I. combo vid will get the green light once we can a hold of a great editor =P

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 31, 2011, 01:25:08 PM »
awesome, let me give you guys a huge tip: dont just go for hd cobos. combos with linking, just ex moves, just dc cancelling, ex and dc cancelling, normal and ex combos into nm and finally hd combos. showing of what characters are really capable of would be awesome. dont know, maybe its too much for 1 combo vid.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 21, 2011, 11:24:43 AM »
quick terry q2, is terry able to do standing  ;c directly hold  ;df, after the second hit hit  ;c and cancel that into his rising tackle, is the charge long enough to do this?

now if this is possible, what can he do if he would cancel his rising tackle into light bk? would this allow his to do a cs? and will the cs have them high enough and you recover fast enough for an ex bk? and if so, juggle on with an ex rt? just looking for possiblities, some help is appreciated.

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2011, 11:57:41 AM »
quick terry q2, is terry able to do standing  ;c directly hold  ;df, after the second hit hit  ;c and cancel that into his rising tackle, is the charge long enough to do this?

now if this is possible, what can he do if he would cancel his rising tackle into light bk? would this allow his to do a cs? and will the cs have them high enough and you recover fast enough for an ex bk? and if so, juggle on with an ex rt? just looking for possiblities, some help is appreciated.

I tried canceling stand C into Df C into rising tackle and Failed....... but it does work in the HD combo setup. Maybe theres a shortcut to do it without being in HD?

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2011, 02:24:20 PM »
i dont know, might be the timing. i know the timing for mary was also tricky in kof 97. with her  ;c and after 2 hits  ;fd ;a and during this animation charge  ;bk ;fd ;b or  ;d into finisher. it was a lil tricky to do this because of the precise timing to be able to charge just long enough.

i dont know how long the charges are in 13, but if theyre like 97 its just a second or something like that. as soon as you hit  ;c you go into  ;df and wait for the second hit of the  ;c, then time the  ;c for  ;df ;c as late as possible. finally cancel the  ;df ;c into rising tackle as late as possible just on the last cancelable frame of the  ;df ;c to cancel it into RS. if it doesnt work this way its probably just not long enough to fully charge for it.

who knows maybe its possible, if you get the chance you could try it and see whats up?  

edit: yo mr kofs terry hd combo at 12:45 ends with him doing a hard crackhoot. he misses the light rising tackle after that. after the hard crackshoot he set the opponent high enough for another light crackshoot or maybe even a light burning knuckle to connect. that could potentialy mean even harder and longer corner finishers with terry if true.

what do you think. you juggles the opponent very high in that combo.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 03:01:13 PM by MUSOLINI »

Mr.KOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2011, 03:25:23 PM »
For a normal combo..there is no point in doing St C df C rising tackle into DC burning knuckle because you're just burning meter and not getting enough damge. I'm pretty sure doing takumas St c Forward B into flying kicks is harder than what you're asking of Terry's combo :)

eLive.pro|Mr.KOF

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2011, 03:31:24 PM »
so it might be possible. also i was asking cause the combo might work like the hd combo where you could potentially do a crack shoot into rising tackle afterwards. but the opponent probably wont go that high.

also you check the vid where you did the hd combo where you misses the rising tackle at the end? the opponent was very high after the last hard crackshoot and it looked like another light version or light bk might connect after it, if that possible you probably can end it with a rt too.

also that takuma combo is basically the same as doing marys combo in 97. its still dificult it seems (hard timing).

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2011, 01:41:46 AM »
Hello, everyone. I am running  into some trouble against turtles like Andy and Raiden. It's really hard for me to nail a combo or anything with Terry. I have had some success in neutral hop D, but I would like more options to fight turtles. wWhat can I do? To be specific', I get fireball pressure or jump-in D and two 2Bs into 2D. Andy's pokes with 2D hurt.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2011, 05:02:22 AM »
I think what I'm about to tell you is basic stuff. Basically, you're just gonna have to force them into a mixup game. If I remember correctly, Terry's cr.B is cancellable into EX Crack Shoot, which is an overhead. Use sparingly though as it does get predictable every once in a while. Other times, you can do a run/hop, not do anything, then throw them. As you said, you could do a hop D too.

Another way is to bait them. Crouch in a range just outside of Andy's cr.D. If he jumps, do a Rising Tackle. If he constantly tries to pressure you with fireball, do a neutral jump to dodge them, making sure you hold down immediately so you could charge for a Rising Tackle as soon as you land (if you do this though, make sure you're really far away as to not to let him get near and do a cr.D). If you want to be ruthless, you could even go for an EX Buster Wolf.

I'm not really an expert on Terry though. Maybe some other people can give better suggestions.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 05:04:53 AM by Aenthin »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2011, 06:56:59 AM »
I'm trying to get a bit better in this game so if you feel it's basic, I likely don't know it. I really appreciate this. I have not tried to bait before and practicing my timing over fireballs might help.

I've got bad experiences with Ex Buster Wolf, but if I'm being spammed, I guess this is the only way.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2011, 08:09:57 AM »
have you tried traditional methods that woprk in every decent to goo fighter? like cross ups and tickthrows? what about breaking their guard? a combo ending in crack shoot leaves ypu at least even continue  on or whatever.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2011, 08:40:53 AM »
Have to admit I'm pretty bad at throwing in general. However, I've tried hopping and jump-ins, but I'll eat a DP or standing A because he's basically turtling. So except throwing, I have tried it, but I'm not getting progress against a very defensive and reactive Andy or Raiden.