Author Topic: Florida player  (Read 1126 times)

Kirbilot

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Florida player
« on: January 10, 2012, 05:46:40 AM »
Been lurking on here for awhile, but decided to post since I am finally getting to play a lot of KoF XIII.

I started playing fighters seriously when SSF2THDR was released. In 2009 I attended Evo and met Nilcam who convinced me to check out KoF and other SNK games. I played them online some, but up until KoF XIII the only games everyone would get into here were SFIV and MVC3.

I am really excited about KoF XIII because the FGC here in Gainesville has taken an interest in it and there are probably eight of us playing (pretty good out of twenty). My main problem now is just choosing a team because I like a lot of the characters, and trying to correct the terrible execution I have developed from years of SFIV input shortcuts.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Florida player
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 07:03:04 AM »
Kirbilot, welcome to DreamCancel.

I see you've already met our Grand(web)Master; glad he's gotten you into it, and glad your scene has taken an interest in it. As many unique options as each character has, you'll probably narrow yourself down to two favorite teams. If you end up working with the whole cast, you're in my direction, as I'm glad to be focusing on a game where the general consensus is "everyone's got a fair shot in this game".

Basically, welcome, keep at it, see if more players can get into it, and enjoy the game and the site.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Florida player
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 04:34:35 PM »
Kirbilot is a real member now! Rejoice!

Also, it's good to hear that your scene is growing. You should play Benimaru.