Author Topic: how to use the stick correctly in this game?  (Read 2406 times)

MuffinMan123

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
how to use the stick correctly in this game?
« on: January 31, 2012, 04:00:17 AM »
just got myself a generic hori balltop square gate joystick. always interested in kof since 97, but never got into it and now I want to relearn everything from the beginning and I want to try to joystick which I have always had problems with.

what are the grip style best suited for kof? I can do commands to the left but I always miss the commands to the right side and I basically just tried a list of grip style on youtube but I either have problem doing one thing or another with each grip style. should I change balltop to (bartop? hotdog stick?)

list of things I have problem with
-short hop and super hop, always ended up doing jumps instead of hops
-d b d f and hcf, any commands that goes from left to right I can't do them consistently
-jump in heavy to stand heavy attacks. didn't have as much problem with this in 2002, but now I can't seem to connect at all.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2012, 04:22:12 AM by MuffinMan123 »

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
Re: how to use the stick correctly in this game?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 06:32:31 AM »
just got myself a generic hori balltop square gate joystick. always interested in kof since 97, but never got into it and now I want to relearn everything from the beginning and I want to try to joystick which I have always had problems with.

what are the grip style best suited for kof? I can do commands to the left but I always miss the commands to the right side and I basically just tried a list of grip style on youtube but I either have problem doing one thing or another with each grip style. should I change balltop to (bartop? hotdog stick?)

list of things I have problem with
-short hop and super hop, always ended up doing jumps instead of hops
-d b d f and hcf, any commands that goes from left to right I can't do them consistently
-jump in heavy to stand heavy attacks. didn't have as much problem with this in 2002, but now I can't seem to connect at all.
u may wanna change to a bat top if u cant get comfortable wit a ball

for the hops u can hit up then down until ur more comfortable with tappin up

with the hcf motions all i can say is make sure u dont do any type of shortcuts so start off slow then speed up

with XIII most characters (or all) hit stun got nerfed so u jus gotta practice that

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:21:11 AM »
System
- The Hitstun on normal jump attacks have been reduced. (Meaning it’s harder to do combos)

MuffinMan123

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 10:27:55 AM »
so how do you guys usually hold the joystick?

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 05:52:28 PM »
i use my index and middle finger and thumb and i put my ring finger and pinky under the ball or in the palm of my had but the thing that makes playin like that kinda is that u really have be calm and adjust 2 gripping the ball like that