Author Topic: VN General Thread: MANLY PICNIC Edition  (Read 25729 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #15 on: January 26, 2012, 06:41:07 AM »
Yeah it's really meh...and it ends really meh.  Like, it HAD something there they could've really gone off of, multiple things actually, and really brought the shit home, but they dropped the ball hard.  I'd say, get it done ASAP so you can just get that shit out of the way.  But yeah, ton of disappointment, and the ending...I did not feel happy at the end.
guess ill get around to it eventually then  probably should go look for a flow chart or something

Nah, you don't need the Flowchart, except for maybe Rin's.  Her shit is annoying to get to.  Hell Lilly and Hanako's path is the same path except for the last choice which separates their routes.
ill take your word for it

also
[spoiler]anal sex with a amputee.................................yeah thats some crazy shit[/spoiler]

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2012, 07:00:02 AM »
Not really.  They're no different from anyone else, it's what KS is trying to teach you.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2012, 07:05:11 AM »
Not really.  They're no different from anyone else, it's what KS is trying to teach you.
yeah obviously i actually found that scene to be a little cute

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2012, 07:11:41 AM »
Yeah but...yeah, I'm glad I played it.  I literally spent my entire Saturday just getting through 3 paths.  Took forever.  If you decide to read through everything, Lilly's can run up to 5 hours.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2012, 07:17:16 AM »
Saitsu is right. Lilly route is OP and Shizune route is Terry tier.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 07:23:34 AM »

Meh...a bit better than Terry.  I'll go Joe without Stun combo tier.  Like I said, my problem with the arc is massive disappointment more than anything.  There were THREE plot points within the arc that could've easily been developed to be the main string for the path, and they just let them hang there and get absolutely no resolution.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 07:23:47 AM »
i get what your saying though that analogy kinda conflicts with me

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 07:35:17 AM »
Also, be sure to save whenever you hit a decision.  All it takes is one bad decision to throw you on a bad ending, and if you didn't save, congrats, have to go through everything again to get back to that point.

Thankfully, most paths aren't terribly hard.  Emi's is easy, hell it even has a fallback if you do fuck up.  Shizune's is also easy other than ONE annoying ass decision that was not really worded well in the answers though I probably should've paid more attention.  Lilly's is easy.  Hanako's is moderate, got to be a bit careful at times.  Rin's is a pain in the ass though.  You might need the flowchart for that one.

In Phoenix Wright terms.

Emi/Lilly = Winston Payne
Shizune = Klavier Gavin
Hanako = Miles Edgeworth/Franziska von Karma
Rin = DL-6 fucking Incident.

In terms of how annoying getting through the arc can be if you aren't hyper aware enough.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 08:07:14 AM »
FUCK THE DL-6 INCIDENT I ACTUALLY PULLED MY HAIR OUT TRYING TO SOLVE THAT BY MYSELF

also i got emi's bad end (almost made me shed a tear) i saved at the decision point though even not looking at a flow chart i could tell i was gonna get the bad end for the choice i made

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 03:23:09 PM »
Shit man, how'd you get the bad end?  Her path even has a fucking safety net to get you back to the good end if you fucked up.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 05:49:40 PM »
Shit man, how'd you get the bad end?  Her path even has a fucking safety net to get you back to the good end if you fucked up.
well actually i did it on purpose just to see what would happen i have a huge thing for random outcomes so i generally OCD about finding out multiple endings in games(of course i rarely ever like beating a game more than once so i look up missed endings elsewhere) dont worry though i got the good end too

and as of five minutes ago i finished hanako's good route and i have to say i enjoyed it  a lot of the stuff really hit home a lot more than i expected it to

also im need sleep took me like 6 hours to do the route i say it was worth it

also quick question can hisao actually die during any of the routes? the chart i found mostly  just states screwing up most of the routes places you in kenji's route

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 06:24:46 PM »
Uh, well if you fail to get any girl in Act 1, you do a Kenji route, where they have a MANLY picnic, he gets drunk, and falls off the roof to his death.  He cuts it close other times, other than that, you're good.

And again, stop putting off Shizune's...get rid of the route early.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 06:41:41 PM »
*sees conversation has turned to Katawa Shoujo*

And to think I left GameFAQs for a bit because all they talked about was that...

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 06:52:37 PM »
You have a problem with KS?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
VN General Thread
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 06:54:49 PM »
Can't have a problem with a game I've yet to play.

What I do have a problem with is that no matter where I seem to go, that's all people talk about.

But yeah, I'd like to play it someday.