Author Topic: Midwest Player here.  (Read 2893 times)

Markus

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Midwest Player here.
« on: January 28, 2012, 06:45:49 PM »
Um Hi. >_>

Relatively new to the KOF scene (XIII is honestly my first one). I saw the Don't Drop That Combo video tutorials for characters a while back when the game was still getting over here and I instantly said to myself "I wanna do that." I'm currently working on learning NEST Kyo and King, but I'm having trouble deciding on a third character to play. I really enjoy characters that can easily shift from zoning to rushdown, or a full-on rushdown game heavy on footsies.

A little background; I'm mostly a BlazBlue player that got into my local scene about year ago. I like dabbling in SF4AE with Cammy and I also play a little Marvel, but I've never really taken to either of those games. I really enjoy fighting games when there is a whole cast of character I'd like to play instead of only a couple of limited options, which is why I like KOF; all of the characters look amazing and cool (with a couple exceptions).

General Interests: Outside of my fighting game stuff, I highly enjoy watching anime, which probably guides my fighting game preferences. Genres I look for are supernatural, action/adventure, slice-of-life, and drama. Video gaming includes mostly JRPG (though I can't say I've played a real satisfying one outside of Persona recently) and older PS1/2 titles.

I'm not normally one for talking, so I probably won't post a whole lot, but yeah. ^^; Just in case.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Midwest Player here.
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:13:32 AM »
Welcome Markus. Glad KOF is appealing to you like it is now. Your fighting and other interests seem to be shared with others here, so you'll have something to talk about with someone if or when you talk. Hope you can level up with stuff we've got here on the forums, wiki, or elsewhere. The DDTC stuff is really inspiring, definitely a standard to shoot for.

I would suggests a third character for you, but not sure who you think are the exceptions to amazing and cool. You'll find someone though, as the whole cast is viable in their own way.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Markus

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 07:53:08 AM »
The only character I don't really like looking into are usually the larger grappler type characters. Except for Clark. That dude is hype. Yeah, I just really don't find Daimon, Raiden, Takuma, Ralf, or Maxima appealing to me personally. I may eventually try them, but yeah. I forgot to mention that I am also straight up /TERRIBLE/ with charge characters. I've tried both Leona and Ash and am just terrible at doing stuff with them. Kim may be viable though, since his only thing is a flash kick that is a pretty quick charge.

I'm sure I'll find someone. I just need to get comfortable with the game (as I literally just got it last Thursday).

ForceFedTrauma

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:05:35 AM »
I just got the game not too long ago too man. I am in the Midwest as well. Do you have XBL?

Markus

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 07:17:26 AM »
No. Not only do I play on PS3, I hardly play online at the moment due to Internet issues. =/

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 08:48:31 AM »
Welcome to DC!

The BB background will def help with KOF combos :)

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2012, 06:45:02 AM »
Hey, man! Welcome to DC! Out of curiosity, where in the Midwest are you? I'm trying to figure out how many people are in the scene and where they are.
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

ForceFedTrauma

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 11:12:49 AM »
well I'm from Nebraska... yes there are things besides corn here lol

Gamegenie222

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2012, 05:24:17 AM »
well I'm from Nebraska... yes there are things besides corn here lol

Yo your from Nebraska man same here Omaha area.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2012, 02:36:10 AM »
Hey welcome to DC!

Markus

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2012, 06:46:46 AM »
Hey, man! Welcome to DC! Out of curiosity, where in the Midwest are you? I'm trying to figure out how many people are in the scene and where they are.

Springfield, Missouri. @_@