Author Topic: Billy Kane Matchup Thread  (Read 9991 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Billy Kane Matchup Thread
« on: January 30, 2012, 06:26:01 PM »
Post up questions about specific matchups, and those that know, please provide that good info (punishers, char. specific combos, etc).

Eventually, what I want to do is update this thread with confirmed info for each character (grouped as teams obviously), to avoid people having to surf through a bunch of scattered posts just to find info for 1 character...

Oh yeah, just in case, those that post up info, please make sure you make it known what matchup you're talking about, so people won't be like "huh?"... Let's Go!!!

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Billy Kane Matchup Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 07:32:47 PM »
Against Clark if you get auto-guarded by B SAB then instantly do f+A or dp+BD... If you did a jump-in then try to hop again right away and do hop forward C+D...

Against any command throws (even the fast recovery ones) if you predict them, you can do hop forward C+D... You'll land a counter hit everytime... You know what happens next...

j.C+D, f+B, dp+B, hcf+C~qcf+C = 307 dmg (0 meter)
j.C+D, f+B, dp+B, hcf+C~qcf+C, DC, qcb+C, *slight delay* dp+B, DM = 500+ dmg (1 meter + 1 drive)
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 09:43:50 PM »
Speaking of Clark, c.A works wonders against him... Obviously you can't do too much close proximity poking or you'll get thrown, so things like b+A, j.C, and the occassional j.C+D helps...

Isaak303

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 12:02:04 AM »
Speaking of Clark, c.A works wonders against him... Obviously you can't do too much close proximity poking or you'll get thrown, so things like b+A, j.C, and the occassional j.C+D helps...
c.A is the primary tool for most grappler characters like clark, raiden and daimon in order to keep them away. For me once i create the distance, I can start doing moves like b+A, qcb+P, hcf+A, and j.C to keep them from trying to come in.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Billy Kane Matchup Thread
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:45:45 AM »
What do you guys think are Billy's bad matchups and also really advantageous matchups?

Bad matchups: EX Kyo. Just because (like I mentioned) Kyo's jumping down C will beat the cr.C AA and if EX Kyo guesses right he can blow up your pokes. Benimaru can also give him trouble with his standing D (or C I forget) that leg poke is really good at keeping Billy out but his cr.A is a good anti-poke.

Fray: Raiden. Billy's jumping C will beat every one of Raiden's jump in's and his cr.C will beat Raiden's Shoulders clean.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 07:32:33 PM by jinxhand »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:21:05 AM »
So I just realized how strong Athena is against Billy this time around... Anyone have experience with this matchup???

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 04:07:52 PM »
So I just realized how strong Athena is against Billy this time around... Anyone have experience with this matchup???

Oh, yes.
I know a guy who has a very good Athena, and at first he was destroying my Billy.
Funny thing is when I got someone else (Takuma, Shen, Ryo) it was a totally different thing.
To me, a very good Athena is Billy's worst matchup by far. Good fireball characters can give Billy some hard times, Kensou and King (in that order) can do some damage but I think Athena is godlike againts Billy.

What do you guys think are Billy's bad matchups and also really advantageous matchups?

Bad matchups: EX Kyo. Just because (like I mentioned) Kyo's jumping down C will beat the cr.C AA and if EX Kyo guesses right he can blow up your pokes. Benimaru can also give him trouble with his standing D (or C I forget) that leg poke is really good at keeping Billy out but his cr.A is a good anti-poke.

I really donĀ“t agree on Kyo (regular or EX) nor Benimaru.
Benimaru and Andy can be real assholes but with Billy you have many ways of shutting them down.
I mentioned Andy because I think he has a lot of stuff that can be really problematic for other characters, but with Billy, you just pressure. When both Andy and Benimaru try to jump, you can jump C and cr C to destroy them. Both characters are extrematelly good when they leave the ground, but for some reason Billy can easilly remove that part of their game.

As I mentioned earlier, the worst matchups for Billy, at least in my opinion, are very good fireball characters.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 07:50:58 PM »
I don't think Athena is worse for Billy primarily because of her fireballs... That isn't to say they don't pose a threat to him, because well from the start of the match, he has to reach her... Sure, there's j.C that can "snipe" her attacks, but it's at the risk of trading hits, and/or getting hit by something bigger... She controls the air and can lock him down without real fear of anything-- unless Billy has meter for EX dp... Other than that, crouching C won't do any good against most of her main attacks...

Out the gate, he needs to take that momentum and potential zoning away from her, while possibly baiting either a command grab, dp (especially on wake up), and her super (possibly on wake up, too)...

Billy can't destroy fireballs with his Senpuukon, or his hcf+P specials...

Kensou shouldn't be too hard, as his aerial attacks aren't stronger than Billy's... You can bait a whiff qcf, hcb+P, as well as his rdp+K, since most times you have to be up close for those to hit... If you're playing against a Kensou that loves to hit confirm into rdp+K, then you're probably not gonna see him do one as an AA, unless he just specializes in that move primarily... Even with his fireball setups, you're more than likely are gonna stop his momentum with f+A at some point, in which he'll have to change up his strategy... Crouching C can beat out his air normals most of the time, so once you get that, go into f+A to close in...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 04:07:16 AM »

Benimaru and Andy can be real assholes but with Billy you have many ways of shutting them down.
I mentioned Andy because I think he has a lot of stuff that can be really problematic for other characters, but with Billy, you just pressure. When both Andy and Benimaru try to jump, you can jump C and cr C to destroy them. Both characters are extrematelly good when they leave the ground, but for some reason Billy can easilly remove that part of their game.

As I mentioned earlier, the worst matchups for Billy, at least in my opinion, are very good fireball characters.

Eh, when I was playing a Beni he was using Jumping D quite a bit and it just flat out beat my cr.C everytime. Same thing with Ryo and Takuma/Mr.Karate's Jumping D as well. But in my experience Beni can keep Billy out without many problems and can play a good counter-poking game.

Weird thing I've notced and I brought it up with Running Wild: It seems like Mai of all characters really counters Billy. Her zoning can give him trouble and her jumping CD will beat pretty much anything Billy does in the air, so say goodbye to jumping C pressure.

t3h mAsTarOth...!

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »
To me Billy's only weakness is exposed when he has no meter, which is not having any reversals in his artillery... Since I use him on anchor, that weakness never gets exploited...
KOFXIII - Raiden, Billy, Mai, Karate, Kim, Ralf, Ryo, Robert

SC 1-5 - Astaroth

SaMsTarOth t3h mAsTarOth of AsTarOth...!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 03:12:29 AM »
I somewhat agree, his crouching C is just an amazingly good AA that gets beaten out cleanly by only a handful of Characters. His EX Upkicks I only use as an AA if (A) they have low health or (B) I desperately need to get them off and get in there and have enough meter to spare for Clark/Hwa or (C) I can land it and continue it in the corner.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2012, 09:31:07 PM »
Yeah d.C is great with no meter... If you're trying to land EX dp+K though, don't do it when the opponent has little to no health though... Why? You don't get to do max damage combos, which help build back the meter you used...

I'll say if you manage to play Billy well enough to build meter rather quickly, and if the matchup is looking good, then do it whenever... But if you're going up against say Athena, Beni, Kyo, EX Iori, or someone "stronger", you're gonna have to save that meter to bait a whiff or low priority move so EX dp+K can beat it out...

I feel another weakness is that Billy doesn't have any really good command overhead like Kyo, or Iori does... He got his df+A that he got in 2003 taken from him. Granted, it was slow, but it did work especially if you're constantly rushing down and you change the pace without notice... Now, for the most part, you have to either risk trading hits with j.C, attmempt a crossup with j.D, rushdown and hope for a CH in the corner with j.CD, or shoot for a quick overhead with j.B. All of his overheads are jumping. b+A doesn't hit overhead, and f+B is a no-no if you're not using it in a combo, or if you're creative and use it to close the gap when the opponent is down... His air game isn't what it used to be like the older KOFs, but he still does shine with a good ground game, and I don't think giving him an overhead would make him OP either, especially if it was his df+A...

SPLIPH

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2012, 11:20:24 PM »
hey guys, you say athena is a very bad match up for Billy. could any of you explain a bit further about the match up? my whole team i feel a huge disadvantage against Billy (Andy / Athena / Terry), i would like to read more atleast on what athena can do against this guy, especially since its considered Billys worst match up?

I feel like athena has no options here but her fireball... and fireballs alone certainly arent going to win the round. getting close to billy is no simple task... air or ground; anything i throw out trying to approach, i get punished by his superior range. if i try and be more cautious, i end getting reduced to blocking the whole round until my inevitable KO.

what is athena doing that makes Billy players feel at a such a huge disadvantage? surely it cant just be her fireball.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2012, 03:25:48 AM »
I don't think Athena is bad you just have to work at not being baited by her. Because Athena excels at runaway and  most players want to frustrate you to make a mistake and they can get that one opening and do big damage and then repeat the runaway process again.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 12:20:47 PM »
Like Athena, King is a bad matchup for Billy IMHO.  Between her slide, j.CD and air fireballs it can keep a Billy at bay real easily.