Author Topic: KOF 13 Patch Review Video  (Read 3114 times)

AcidGlow

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • AcidGlow's YouTube
KOF 13 Patch Review Video
« on: February 03, 2012, 03:59:24 AM »

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 13 Patch Review Video
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 07:06:15 PM »
I'm on the ps3 and I also can't seem to find any ranked matches with 4 bars, and I live in Toronto, which is a pretty damn big city which I know has a fairly good number of KOF players. So I guess it's probably not any better on either console.

Atlus, I love you, you're probably my very favourite publisher, but you still haven't ever had very smooth multiplayer for any of your games.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:10:30 PM by Matt Alder »

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 07:10:13 PM »
I'm on the ps3 and I also can't seem to find any ranked matches with 4 bars, and I live in Toronto, which is a pretty damn big city which I know has a fairly good number of KOF players. So I guess it's probably not any better on either console.

A lot more people play player matches than ranked. I've had no luck finding ranked blue bars either, but I find player matches with blues no problem.

Matt Alder

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2012, 07:12:33 PM »
Oh, to add on, you actually can make a lobby to allow others to connect to you, and you can do training or arcade mode while you wait, but as far as I know I don't think you can decline players once they connect to you.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2012, 08:28:03 PM »

Atlus, I love you, you're probably my very favourite publisher, but you still haven't ever had very smooth multiplayer for any of your games.

I'm in Mississauga and get blue bar matches regularly after the patch, its been almost all green and blues for me now the majority of the time. Ranked and Player. I'm on PS3.

MADKoF

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2012, 09:23:39 PM »
This review is very biased. I recommend not to take his review very seriously.

First of all, unfortunately KoF13 is not as popular as SSF4 or MvC3 in NA. Even the offline scenes in Canada are really small compared to SSF4 AE or MvC3 scenes. Which means, there are not many people playing the game at the moment, and many of the KoF13 players prefer offline because the game's online play had been bad (before patch). Therefore, it still takes long time to find a player within region even after patch.

I've played Kof13 post patch online for 3~4hours last night and met many 3~4 bars players, and the lag was not as bad as pre-patch, it was improved and the game play was much smoother. Unlike the reviewer, I created my own lobby with at least 3 bar restriction and had no problem meeting opponent with 3+ bar. However, it's true that it takes longer than SSF4 or MvC3 to meet a player with decent connection, and the reason is simple, the game is not as popular as other majors.

I've been helping MAD_KoF to update his online casual videos' descriptions. So, I read / asked about the patch on Korean forums and many responded that the patch improved online play. Remember that Korea / Japan have much more KoF players than NA. They were having easier time to find opponents with fairy good connection even pre patch. I really believe that if there were much more KoF players in NA, we could have much better online play experience.

Oh btw, I forgot to say that I agree with the review about booting option in a lobby. It's required many times.

m1x4h

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 01:49:22 PM »
I'm on PSN, and I find blue bars in about 3-5 seconds...
That said, even with those blue connections, they're laggy as fuck. I was dropping fireballs... not combos... I was dropping fireballs... I was dropping hops... occassionally, it drops rolls and blowbacks too and only puts in one of the commands. Yeah...

I heard something about port forwarding, and I'm intrigued. Any information?
KoF13 Newbie: Mai/Ash/Kim
UMvC3: X23/Wesker/Sentinel
SF3: Akuma
MvC2: MSS
CvS2: C-Ken/Cammy/Blanka2
PSN: M1x4h

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 02:58:48 PM »
I'm betting you're having problems with dropping of your netspeed in the middle of your match. If the match is stable and the parameters don't move (I.E. the input lag, or game speed doesn't have to go faster or slower to compensate for differences in the 2 players connection) the matches are quite playable. However, if your match is unstable, then the match is unplayable. It doesn't matter what bar it says you are on. If you can't keep your connection working on a single bar then first you will get lots of dropped moves, then the game speed is effected, last in the input lag. By the time you are done with the match I'm sure you would be frustrated.

I ask though if you give the game another chance. You're going to have bad connections, but there will be plenty good connections out there as well. It just takes a little patience.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"