Author Topic: Problem connecting jumping D into standing C for combos  (Read 3569 times)

Oktoberfest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Problem connecting jumping D into standing C for combos
« on: February 02, 2012, 02:09:08 AM »
Hi.
After tons of unsuccessful practice I need some help. Since many combos start with jump D, standing C (see for example DDTC combo videos, Takuma) I try to connect it but it is not reliable.

From my experience (means it can be wrong):
a)It matters where you hit the character, the lower the better it connects
b)you can input C as soon as your figure touches the ground
c)button mashing 3x C seems to help the input interpreter, but the input afterwards is disturbed (like takumas jump  ;d, st.  ;c, forward ;b; forward b rarely connects then)

anyhow, I does not work really, I cant execute this combo reliably. I have a MadCatz SFIV TE and test this stuff on the Takuma character (jump D, st. C, forward B, charge  ;db ;fd ;d etc.; I can do the combo without jump D without problem, meaning when the figure is on the ground)
Any help would be really appreciated, also videos (like the vesper arcade guy where you see the fingers)

« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 02:12:21 AM by Oktoberfest »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
Re: Problem connecting jumping D into standing C for combos
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:54:26 AM »
Tried practicing hop D, close C first before actually doing the combo? You could try to get used to the rhythm first before you go on with a f+B.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 03:35:05 AM »
u have 2 be kinda deep in the jump 2 a jumpin attack 2 anybody

hiltzy85

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 05:09:35 AM »
yeah, like bigvador said, you want to try and land your jump in attacks pretty much as low to the ground as possible.  Hitting jump attacks doesn't give a whole lot of hit stun in KOFXIII.  It takes some getting used to.  It might be a good idea to try to hit the jump D, stand C in practice starting from a normal vertical jump.  once you can get that pretty much every time, go on to the other kinds of jumps
Former Semi-Serious MK9 player, Mediocre T6 player, maybe one day I'll be a Mediocre KOF XIII player, too

Oktoberfest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 11:05:29 AM »
ok, i already tried vertical jump and will try again, but a "side" hop that lands deep give me better results. however, if you look at your inputs, do you (intentionally or unintentionally) do some buffering or repeated button input (like   ;d ;c ;c)? Please check and let me know.

@ bigvador: "u have 2 be kinda deep in the jump 2 a jumpin attack 2 anybody": I think we both mean hitting your opponent low, right? As i mentioned unter b)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 11:11:40 AM by Oktoberfest »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 01:47:17 PM »
Like everyone else has been saying, hit as low as possible. Though a rule of thumb I've tried to use with j.C or j.D is aim for the solar plexus with j.C, or the legs with j.D, and always do this just before you hit the ground.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 03:30:41 PM »
Like everyone else has been saying, hit as low as possible. Though a rule of thumb I've tried to use with j.C or j.D is aim for the solar plexus with j.C, or the legs with j.D, and always do this just before you hit the ground.

I am for the gut/crotch area, but that's just me.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 11:19:14 AM »

I am for the gut/crotch area, but that's just me.

They don't call it "low-blow" for nothing.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995