Author Topic: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus Announced for PSN/XBLA  (Read 13635 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus Announced for PSN/XBLA
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 07:20:11 AM »
I call dibs on Jam and I-No.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 08:06:16 AM »
One thing I noticed...with this announcement, what the hell is gonna happen to the BB community?  I mean, I know half the people who have played or do play it currently still believe it to be inferior to GG so...yeah...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2012, 08:18:46 AM »
Awesome, and about time.

So now, XIII, VF5FS, and GGAC+. Busy year, this will be.

One thing I noticed...with this announcement, what the hell is gonna happen to the BB community?  I mean, I know half the people who have played or do play it currently still believe it to be inferior to GG so...yeah...

I don't think it'll be anywhere close to a total exodus. BB is still a good enough game, but I'm willing to bet a lot of people are waiting for that finalized version (like AC) before ArkSys let's it rest. I hope AC will get people playing both, and maybe even improving from playing one game or another.

Either way, there's gotta be some kind of celebration going on at Dustloop right about now.

I call dibs on Jam and I-No.

8 ball. Corner pocket
(translation: Venom is mine!)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 08:38:39 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2012, 09:51:13 AM »
One thing I noticed...with this announcement, what the hell is gonna happen to the BB community?  I mean, I know half the people who have played or do play it currently still believe it to be inferior to GG so...yeah...

Blazblue has a community?  I was under the impression that every so called Blazblue player secretly hated the game and saw it as inferior to Guilty Gear and all the players were saying "Once Guilty Gear Gets online, I'm leaving that Gaysblue shit"

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2012, 02:56:22 PM »
I am so hyped for this.

BB has a decent community but they're very different than the general FGC. I'm sure many players will move back to  but quite a few will stick to BB.

I'm calling Baiken.

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2012, 03:35:56 PM »
I always wanted to ask this. Is guilty gear the hardest fighting to learn? i played BB CT,CS,CS2 and the guys at my Lan center would always say it is a extremely dumbed down version of GG...
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 04:39:52 PM »
From an execution standpoint, GG is not so hard. I find the challenge in the overall speed of the game and the number of options available to the player.

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2012, 07:03:26 AM »
I always wanted to ask this. Is guilty gear the hardest fighting to learn? i played BB CT,CS,CS2 and the guys at my Lan center would always say it is a extremely dumbed down version of GG...
For 2D fighters it has the label of being the hardest mainly due I believe the mechanics within the game. Like you have your different guards and such. I also believe it to be a much deeper game unlike a few of the "new" ones out. but the game is still crazy fun and enjoyable to watch in tournaments.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 02:32:20 AM »
GG isn't as hard to learn imo... It's the same as KOF and VF... There's a bit to learn, but looking at it all at once can be overwhelming for some ("09er repellent" for some)... Just take the game in bit by bit, and learn it... It's not too difficult...

Anyway, I'm surprised no one here is on the Testament or scrub Millia bandwagon... I do play Testament, but I like his playstyle, and was using him for awhile, along with Slayer, Axl, and Bridget...

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 02:44:04 AM »

BB is probably the best introduction to GG you could ask for. Plenty of differences, but enough basic similarities to make the transition smoother than coming from games like SF4, or even MVC.

Anyway, I'm surprised no one here is on the Testament or scrub Millia bandwagon... I do play Testament, but I like his playstyle, and was using him for awhile, along with Slayer, Axl, and Bridget...

I think most now are really concerned with who they'll be maining. Sol, Venom, Chip, and Ky for me. Last GG I got to play any kind of serious level was GGXXSlash, so it'll be exciting to relearn and take in new stuff in AC.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 03:38:24 AM »
GG isn't as hard to learn imo...

What are you smoking? And can I have some of it?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2012, 07:11:40 AM »

You could both be right, as I find GG to be somewhat easy to pick up after a few hours of practice, and some 2D fighter background; I've seen people ST their way through GG a few levels in from practicing 2 hours with Sol. Mastering and pro-playing is where it seems impossible at first.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2012, 07:44:44 AM »
Honestly, there's so many systems, subsystems, tricks and etc. that it's anything but an easy game to learn. At least Accent Core is.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2012, 03:48:14 AM »

Man, FHD, and JJBA are harder to learn imo, and I consider myself an decent player of both... GG isn't hard man... Learning the game's options and stuff might be, but that's it...