Author Topic: [Mar 24-25] Pellicon 2012 Game Room Tournaments  (Read 1478 times)

Gohoromoro

• New Challenger
  • Just call me Go
    • View Profile
[Mar 24-25] Pellicon 2012 Game Room Tournaments
« on: February 25, 2012, 12:36:29 AM »
Kicking myself for not getting this up sooner! This is will be the second Pellicon, held annually at PSCC. If you came to one of our tournaments last year, you may remember my friend Fierce Deku and I as the TOs for MvC3 & Brawl. We'll be expanding the game room this year to feature many more tournaments.

10915 Hardin Valley Rd.
Knoxville, TN 37932

As of now the schedule is:
Saturday
• 12:00 - Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition ver. 2012
• 2:00 - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
• 4:00 - Soul Calibur V
Sunday
• 12:00 - King of Fighters XIII
• 12:00 - Super Smash Bros. Brawl
• 2:00 - Tekken 6
• 4:00 - Skullgirls (assuming it's out by then)

Tournaments will be held under standard EVO rules (Unity ruleset for Brawl) unless otherwise stated. Create-a-Soul characters (including Soul of Devil Jin) will be banned in SCV. The White/Misty Arena stage in KoFXIII will be softbanned. All DLC characters will be available in all applicable games.

All tournaments except Brawl will be held on PS3. Although we will have some controllers available for all systems, we advise you to bring your own to help avoid complications.

Entry fee for all games will be $5. Unfortunately, due to school policy, we will be unable to have cash payouts. Instead the payout will be in the form of e-giftcards for Best Buy. This will allow us to still have a 70/20/10 pot split for top 3 and should minimize inconvenience for entrants. (Believe me, this is the best option we could find.)

All stations will be open for free-play when not being used for any tournaments.

Pre-registration for the con itself is $15. If you don't pre-reg, the door price will be $20. To pre-reg, just go to the following link here: http://www.pellicon.org/#!registration and click the PayPal button in the lower left. The name you put in the form and will be sent to our staff automatically so we'll have a list of everyone who pre-reg'd.

I'll update this post as new information becomes available, so stay tuned!

For any suggestions, game requests, or questions you can PM me here, or email us at pellicongameroom@gmail.com. Or you know, the thread works fine too.

http://www.pellicon.org/