Author Topic: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition  (Read 390928 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 7th General Thread: Evo 2012 countdown edition
« Reply #1530 on: July 03, 2012, 10:59:48 AM »
If you can do well with Chin then you can hang with them I think. I didn't mean to tier whore but rather to try out different characters to see which fit your style well. Like I've been trying various one's recently and turns out Vice is a really good fit for me. Ignore tier lists, I'm sure you didn't learn Chin based on one.

I might not be having as much fun with the game if I followed any of the tier lists (for any fighter), so I completely concur.

Would like to try out your Vice sometimes Diavle. Hopefully she'll be as scary as anyone else you've picked up.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: July 03, 2012, 01:29:35 PM »
If you can do well with Chin then you can hang with them I think. I didn't mean to tier whore but rather to try out different characters to see which fit your style well. Like I've been trying various one's recently and turns out Vice is a really good fit for me. Ignore tier lists, I'm sure you didn't learn Chin based on one.

I might not be having as much fun with the game if I followed any of the tier lists (for any fighter), so I completely concur.

So true, I cant agree more with you guys. For me I pick characters based on charisma and the personality of the character; Which character I feel  is more charismatic for me and I like his personality I pick him.

On the mention of dark geese, he was in the forum where is he now?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2012, 07:34:45 PM by Tyrant292 »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: July 04, 2012, 04:27:09 AM »
Would like to try out your Vice sometimes Diavle. Hopefully she'll be as scary as anyone else you've picked up.

I'm sure you'll whip her real good, its only been a few days. She so fun though, feels brutal and very unique with the whole anywhere juggle thing.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: July 04, 2012, 11:04:50 AM »

I'm sure you'll whip her real good, its only been a few days. She so fun though, feels brutal and very unique with the whole anywhere juggle thing.

Just don't spam Splash, I've had quite enough of that thanks very much.

Also, an interview with Karou on KOF XIII - http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/7/3/kofxiii-exclusive-pre-evo-interview-with-top-japanese-player.html
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: July 04, 2012, 11:27:52 AM »
Just don't spam Splash, I've had quite enough of that thanks very much.

Also, an interview with Karou on KOF XIII - http://iplaywinner.com/news/2012/7/3/kofxiii-exclusive-pre-evo-interview-with-top-japanese-player.html

I would never *whistles*

Thanks for the interview, his take on tiers is pretty unique:

Kaoru: Top 5 would be Karate, Ryo, Daimon, Kim, and Maxima.Bottom 5 would be Elisabeth, Mature, K', Ash, and Kensou.

Romance and Dakou are in his pool. Dakou isn't much of a threat based on Shadowloo Showdown (unless he leveled up big time since) but Romance will be a good test of what he's capable of.

884 win streak on psn, mighty impressive.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 11:33:34 AM by Diavle »

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: July 04, 2012, 06:43:50 PM »
EVO really messed up the pools by not giving dakou and xiaohai evo points.  I really hate to see xiaohai, and madkof square off against each other so early in pools, which most people won't get a chance to see.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:23:27 PM by LazieFreddy »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: July 04, 2012, 07:33:14 PM »
EVO really messed up the pools by not giving dakou and xiaohai evo points.  I really hate to see dakou, romance, kaoru, xiaohai, and madkof square off against each other so early in pools, which most people won't get a chance to see.

What the eff, Xiaohai and Madkof are in the same one as well? This is pure bullshit, so much possible hype thrown out the window.

Poor Romance, its like he has to fight Asia off on his own lol.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: July 04, 2012, 07:35:03 PM »

Kaoru: Top 5 would be Karate, Ryo, Daimon, Kim, and Maxima.Bottom 5 would be Elisabeth, Mature, K', Ash, and Kensou.

I am so mindfucked right now.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: July 04, 2012, 07:57:13 PM »
With all honestity, I don't think that dakou and xiaohai deserve evo points just for the sake of it, even though they are good players, I don't think that in XIII at the moment are godlike compared to 98

Maybe between shadowloo shodown and evo they improved a lot, but we had to see that yet

Maybe evo could had guessed a bit better with evo points considering that the only guys who had to tournies and win are bala, then romance, and then you can mix guys like chris g, combofiend, justin, or others

Waifu Material

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: July 04, 2012, 08:02:22 PM »
Poor Romance, its like he has to fight Asia off on his own lol.

GO Romance! hopefully he'll get through and win against them all.

I am so mindfucked right now.

Come on man why do you care that much?!

LazieFreddy

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: July 04, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »
Well, shadowloo is a road to evo event, and Dakou and Xiaohai placed high, so they deserve the evo points.  This is a fairness issue.  

Also if you think they don't deserve evo points because they are not up to par, then so does the dozens of people who got 1 point from various events, but that would negate the point of ranking players to begin with.

Many people including me have complained on various channels, but they have done nothing.  They did, however, gave latif evo points and moved him out of Daigo's pool.  Why is there a differential treatment??
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:21:00 PM by LazieFreddy »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: July 04, 2012, 08:43:17 PM »

Well, those aren't exactly obvious choices. Especially Maxima.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: July 04, 2012, 09:15:51 PM »

Yeah I know but I meant why do you care that much about tier lists. Yeah they aren't obvious choices in the west maybe it's different from where he is.

(I hate tier lists and all that talk about them some people take them way too seriously. I am not saying that you are though)

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: July 04, 2012, 09:21:00 PM »

Yeah I know but I meant why do you care that much about tier lists. Yeah they aren't obvious choices in the west maybe it's different from where he is.

(I hate tier lists and all that talk about them some people take them way too seriously. I am not saying that you are though)

It's not really about caring about tier lists, but rather how unorthodox that particular list seems to be. In all honesty, I was rather surprised to see Maxima that high.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: July 04, 2012, 09:47:28 PM »
Well, shadowloo is a road to evo event, and Dakou and Xiaohai placed high, so they deserve the evo points.  This is a fairness issue.  

Also if you think they don't deserve evo points because they are not up to par, then so does the dozens of people who got 1 point from various events, but that would negate the point of ranking players to begin with.

Many people including me have complained on various channels, but they have done nothing.  They did, however, gave latif evo points and moved him out of Daigo's pool.  Why is there a differential treatment??

Oh I didn't know that ss was a road to evo tournament, if so then xiaohai and dakou (or tokido) deserves the points for their first and third place respectively

No problem with latif actually, since he is the defending champion, I do believe in the concept when you retain your title, but yeah, they should regularize that situation

Waifu Material