Author Topic: Another new NYC player  (Read 1860 times)

JUDDERMANG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Another new NYC player
« on: March 21, 2012, 06:24:51 AM »
Hey everyone, just here to introduce myself to the DC/KOF community. I just picked up KOFXIII two weeks ago after watching FR and finally just telling myself "Buy this awesome game." I've just been messing around in Training mode and trying to find my team since then. I'll probably start playing on Xbox Live (Gamertag is JUDDERMANG, by the way.) soon, but I really want to play more locals than anything else. If anyone in the NYC KOF scene can tell me what the best day and place for sessions is, I'd really appreciate it. Also, I think we should push to have a weekly KOF tourney, be it at Next Level or elsewhere. I will be at the Kumate on the 30th so I hope to meet you guys there.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Another new NYC player
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:25:00 AM »
Welcome to the community JUDDERMANG. Hopefully you're liking XIII so far. Just curious, which characters do you like so far, or what kind of characters have you used in other fighters you've played if any?

The NYC scene seems to be picking up, so hopefully you'll have no trouble finding a weekly ranbat. DC just had an online tournament recently too, and is set to have another soon, so you may get to learn some good match-ups if you feel like joining.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

JUDDERMANG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 08:02:12 AM »
Welcome to the community JUDDERMANG. Hopefully you're liking XIII so far. Just curious, which characters do you like so far, or what kind of characters have you used in other fighters you've played if any?

The NYC scene seems to be picking up, so hopefully you'll have no trouble finding a weekly ranbat. DC just had an online tournament recently too, and is set to have another soon, so you may get to learn some good match-ups if you feel like joining.

I really like Kula, Shen and Mr. Karate. After those characters, I'm sort of just experimenting with others.

In SF4 I used Boxer, Cammy, Fei Long, T-Hawk, and Ryu. I switched from Boxer to Cammy as my main and used the other as sub characters. In ST I use Boxer and Claw.

I also enjoy playing Vampire Savior. I use Demetri and Zabel/Raptor in those games.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:04:14 AM by JUDDERMANG »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 01:37:22 PM »
I want to suggest Kensou since you've taken on Cammy and Fei; got rekkas and several mobility and aerial options. As a T-Hawk character, maybe Raiden will work for you there and Demitri almost screams Saiki (once you unlock him, or pay for him if that option exists).

Others might disagree with this, but this could be a good start if you're looking to carry over certain skill-sets.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

JUDDERMANG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 05:01:24 PM »
I want to suggest Kensou since you've taken on Cammy and Fei; got rekkas and several mobility and aerial options. As a T-Hawk character, maybe Raiden will work for you there and Demitri almost screams Saiki (once you unlock him, or pay for him if that option exists).

Others might disagree with this, but this could be a good start if you're looking to carry over certain skill-sets.

I'll look into those characters, thanks for the suggestions.