Author Topic: SF4 & The FGC - The Effect and Onwards  (Read 20196 times)

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
Re: SF4 & The FGC - The Effect and Onwards
« Reply #75 on: March 30, 2012, 11:37:00 PM »
Sorry Tyrant, just watched the 3rd Strike video. The patience of that Q fighter was impecable, especially against Yun. Thanks for sharing that. Good reminder of why I still play that from time to time.

No problem man, as long as you watched it  ;). Well, Kuroda is considered the best SF 3rd strike player, there is a video his Q against justin wong's chun li; you'll have to watch that one too. Thats what you can do in old fighting games, KoF XIII and which you cant do in modern fighting games. Modern fighting games are played because of people are payed to play them (dont have anything against sponsors as long as they bring more attention to the FGC). It's funny how people who call themselves pro charge people to teach them those games

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2012, 01:11:32 AM »
Starts 3 minutes in:

Kuroda is considered to be the best 3S player in the world. And he's good with every character but his main is Akuma and scary as fuck.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 01:22:17 AM »
I can see why Kuroda is called the best.  Kind of wish he went for a solid victory in the end rather than a time-out, but he still won.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 01:40:32 AM »
That's because he was trolling J Wong.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 09:20:28 AM »
That's because he was trolling J Wong.

In one final of super battle opera he fucked up and costs his team the finals because of his trolling, then he apologized to the crowed for his trolling; I found it funny.

Because of the skill cap in SFIV some characters just cant win in tournies, in the ON stream Juicebox was saying that his able cant win against rufuse unless he reads the opponent perfectly which is quite impossible. While in other fighting games people could really surprise you.

It's really good to see that professional players are turning to KoF XIII.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 04, 2012, 09:26:17 PM »
So I finally got around to finishing up watching most of the matches I wanted to watch out of the MLG Winter Championships and came to the conclusion that fighting games do have a shot at being top competitive games.

I mean, when I look at games like Uncharted, Call of Duty and Starcraft, the audience can't take in all the information at once. With shooters you're stuck with one character from one team and have to be watching from their perspective until they decide to change it. This causes you to possibly miss out on key moments of strategy/hype/victory because you can't possibly know where a big moment will commence or how well coordinated they are from just one point of view. This leads to having the announcers fill in the void by telling you what's going on and being excited for you. With RTS games, you're stuck on one view that is constantly moving and they more or less know where they need their camera to be for the action, so you can more or less take everything in because of how slow paced the game is. The problem is that it's slow paced and very much so. It's audience has to come to terms that you're going to have enjoy 15-20 minutes of pre-made building plans before any action even takes place and when it does, one definite strike could spell doom and that's the end of the round. No comebacks, no large scale comeback, he just blew up a few units and some factories, ggs and that's the end of the story.

When you compare that to fighters, it's instantly more recognizable, that it doesn't take an announcer, multiple HUDs, map screens to tell that someone is getting bodied. In just one screen you can tell how much health, meter and rounds they have earned in one look. You can also tell that that combo was very difficult to do and just made that a real match. Basically, if someone is pummeled repeatedly, you can easily tell they're losing. You don't have to keep track of their APM, factories or how much shields and rockets they still have. Honestly, I have no idea how people can watch competitive Starcraft, but then again I don't understand how people can watch FĂștbol either.

I truly believe that if fighters keep pushing the envelope and be forthcoming to newcomers, fighters can succeed.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2012, 03:15:14 AM »
^Agreed.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995