Author Topic: New to the forum  (Read 1446 times)

xiceman191

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
New to the forum
« on: April 06, 2012, 07:22:05 AM »
Hey everybody the name is xiceman191 and im new to these forums. i have kof 13 but im a complete noob at this game. I play on psn so i would love to get tips on how to play and some casual matches as well to increase my skill. So you can add me on psn. My Psn is: Datdudeiceman191. I also play marvel 3 as well just throwin it out there. Hope to learn this game and have some fun matches.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: New to the forum
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 08:13:23 AM »
Welcome to DreamCancel xiceman. We've got lots of resources for you for getting good at 13, especially with our KOF 13 Wiki. Ask any questions you can think of in the forum, and hope you can get some great matches in with other DC members; we've also got monthy online tournaments to join, including the 4-7 tournament on Saturday.

Hope you're already having fun with it in the meantime. Who are you using right now?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

xiceman191

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2012, 08:22:15 AM »
Welcome to DreamCancel xiceman. We've got lots of resources for you for getting good at 13, especially with our KOF 13 Wiki. Ask any questions you can think of in the forum, and hope you can get some great matches in with other DC members; we've also got monthy online tournaments to join, including the 4-7 tournament on Saturday.

Hope you're already having fun with it in the meantime. Who are you using right now?
I apologize for having it in the wrong section. I honestly havent played it since i picked it up release day i guess because i never had anyone to play with and the netcode has kinda been impeding me from enjoying it. But i played before it officially came out and ever since ive played kof ive always used k, andy, kyo,and terry. I would love to join the tourney even though ill get destroyed. Like I said i mostly play marvel but i wanted to learn this game and wanted a change from pace.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2012, 08:43:32 AM »
No problem on the posting, thanks for introducting yourself either way.

Netcode isn't as solid as it could be for everyone, but it can be playable under better conditions (wired connections, close to opponent, etc). You might find a good person to spar and level up with online at any of our tournaments. Hopefully you'll be in for a pleasant surprise when you start it up. I'd recommend solidifying all the system basics first; KOF gives you a lot of mobility and combo options. The trials will ask you to do high-level stuff, but it's just as viable to win with fundaments and strategies. The whole cast is great and pretty balanced, and K', Kyo (EX and regular), and Terry make a good main team if you want to stick to them.

This'll be more like Street Fighter compared to Marvel, but has it's own great flavor.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995