Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 1209 times)

SteveTheHawk

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hey guys
« on: April 13, 2012, 06:59:43 AM »
Hey guys, I'm new here. I'm Stephen from Omaha, NE just trying to learn KOF. Currently, I don't have the money for 13 but I will pick it up as soon as I get some cash. Anyways, what do you guys think about the NEOGEO Station KOF's? Are any of those worth picking up? I am just trying to see what I can get with my $9 I have left on my PSN account.

If you guys want to add me or whatever when I get the game, go right ahead. I will be ass til I learn the combos.

My PSN is SteveTheHawk

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 08:27:33 AM »
Welcome to DreamCancel Steve. I think you'll like 13 a lot when you're able to get it; requires more work than most other fighters to get the most out of it, but getting good is really fun.

What NEOGEO station has now for most recent KOF's is '96. To be honest, 13 is an easier game (input-wise) that would prepare you for older games like '96. It's worth it to me, as it's a great game. Most would suggest '98 or '02 (the dream matches of the series) if they were available.

But then again, the money left on your PSN account might go towards the DLC characters KOF 13 has (EX Kyo, EX Iori, and Mr. Karate). If you have other people around you who play this KOF, you'll see one of those maybe half the time. I'd look up some videos of the 3 KOF DLC, or of KOF'96 so you know what to expect of either.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

SpLSlick

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »
Just like solidshark said, welcome to dreamcancel. I personally do not know what the NEOGEO station is, but I definitely recommend buying the dlc characters with your money or you can just save it for other games you might enjoy in the future such as Skullgirls :D.....Anyways, I hope you enjoy the site, there is a lot of info on this site and great people to meet. I would also suggest hitting up the offline matchmaking session to see if there is an active community where you live that way, you are able to enjoy the game a lot more :D
Getting bodied is only part of my job