Author Topic: Season's Beatings: Summer Slam-Road to EVO 2012 Results-Columbus, OH, May 5-6  (Read 1886 times)

Ghaleon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
1. coL.cc|Combofiend (Maxima, Ralf, Takuma | Ralf, Vice, Takuma)
2. TFA|Banana Ken (Athena, Elisabeth, Yuri)
3. DandyJ (Mr. Karate, Billy, Hwa Jai | Others)
4. Zerp (EX Kyo, K', EX Iori | Others)
5. Nash (Ryo, Mai, Takuma)
5. Ghaleon (Robert, Mr. Karate, Leona)
7. TJ (Mr. Karate, Kim, Hwa Jai)
7. Colonel Nasty (Mature, Maxima, Vice)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/05/seasons-beatings-summer-slam-tournament-stream-team-spooky-and-medina4life/

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/06/road-to-evo-2012-seasons-beatings-summer-slam-live-stream-and-coverage-hub/

Hey everyone, my name is Chris Hatala (Ghaleon), and I direct Season's Beatings each year with my co-director Harmon Tam (nomrah).

Apologies for not posting a thread on DC. We are brand new to the KOF scene as of 13 and ended up promoting SB:Summer Slam pretty late in the game.

If you aren't familiar with us, since 2006 we've run SB at a spacious Bubble Tea hangout in Ohio, and our event is built on bringing out the U.S's and world's top talent to put on a show for the FGC.

We just got into KOF hardcore with 13 and as an OG player who organizes a large tournament but doesn't play SF4 or MvC3, we are really into KOF as players and had very good comp at Summer Slam, our mid-year event.

We were at SCR last year and got to see some of the SCR/NCR event live (even though I didn't understand the game much then), and at our fall SB in Sept. or Oct. we always put together big-time special exhibitions, like U.S. vs. The World (SF4)/East Coast vs. West Coast (MvC3)/"Good vs. Evil" (MvC3 Phoenix teams vs. Non-Phoenix teams).

So yeah, just letting you guys know that we really love playing and watching this game at high level and will try to cater to KOF as best we can in out in Ohio, especially by trying to make something big happen with top KOF names in the fall.

Will post the stream matches later when we can: we ended up being able to stream the tournament from start to finish, ComboFiend, BananaKen, Dandy J and more put on a great show.

We look forward to posting the fall SB on Dream Cancela and working with The Answer to figure out something really nice for the fall.

Malik

• Legendary Wolf
  • Student of this game called life....
    • View Profile
1. coL.cc|Combofiend (Maxima, Ralf, Takuma | Ralf, Vice, Takuma)
2. TFA|Banana Ken (Athena, Elisabeth, Yuri)
3. DandyJ (Mr. Karate, Billy, Hwa Jai | Others)
4. Zerp (EX Kyo, K', EX Iori | Others)
5. Nash (Ryo, Mai, Takuma)
5. Ghaleon (Robert, Mr. Karate, Leona)
7. TJ (Mr. Karate, Kim, Hwa Jai)
7. Colonel Nasty (Mature, Maxima, Vice)

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/may/05/seasons-beatings-summer-slam-tournament-stream-team-spooky-and-medina4life/

http://shoryuken.com/2012/05/06/road-to-evo-2012-seasons-beatings-summer-slam-live-stream-and-coverage-hub/

Hey everyone, my name is Chris Hatala (Ghaleon), and I direct Season's Beatings each year with my co-director Harmon Tam (nomrah).

Apologies for not posting a thread on DC. We are brand new to the KOF scene as of 13 and ended up promoting SB:Summer Slam pretty late in the game.

If you aren't familiar with us, since 2006 we've run SB at a spacious Bubble Tea hangout in Ohio, and our event is built on bringing out the U.S's and world's top talent to put on a show for the FGC.

We just got into KOF hardcore with 13 and as an OG player who organizes a large tournament but doesn't play SF4 or MvC3, we are really into KOF as players and had very good comp at Summer Slam, our mid-year event.

We were at SCR last year and got to see some of the SCR/NCR event live (even though I didn't understand the game much then), and at our fall SB in Sept. or Oct. we always put together big-time special exhibitions, like U.S. vs. The World (SF4)/East Coast vs. West Coast (MvC3)/"Good vs. Evil" (MvC3 Phoenix teams vs. Non-Phoenix teams).

So yeah, just letting you guys know that we really love playing and watching this game at high level and will try to cater to KOF as best we can in out in Ohio, especially by trying to make something big happen with top KOF names in the fall.

Will post the stream matches later when we can: we ended up being able to stream the tournament from start to finish, ComboFiend, BananaKen, Dandy J and more put on a great show.

We look forward to posting the fall SB on Dream Cancela and working with The Answer to figure out something really nice for the fall.

Thanks for showing your support & I enjoyed watching the stream throughout the whole weekend, looking forward to SB in the fall, especially with KOF XIII.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku