Author Topic: The Anime and Manga Thread......so that we can talk about anime and manga  (Read 29297 times)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
@Running Wild: Burn up! is fucking awful. Typical of you to have bad taste.

lol c'mon dude, the original Burn Up I consider a classic. It was ADV Films very first title. It was among one of the first anime I saw (Along with Ninja Scroll and the Street Fighter II Animated Movie), it holds a special place in my heart lol.The newer ones were silly and terrible though, and should be avoided.

I'm just a fan in general of 80's/early-mid 90's anime.

City Hunter is the hottest shit there is.

Also lol Angel Cop -

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Burn up! was one of my first to but to put as an example to "remember how awesome anime was" doesn't cut it. It was bad then and it's even worse now. It didn't have enough fanservice or action to be good at all. Seikon no Quaser, Queen's Blade and Ikki Tousen are all recent and were much better at juggling tits and fighting. So that's a really bad example.

We've got a lot better ecchi anime than before, I'm just fucking sick of how much there really is.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Ugh Seikon no Qwaser. Yeck. That shit is fucked up.

And Ikki Tousen is the worst, major Tenjou Tenge rip off. The original manga traced entire panels from Tenjou.

I admit I kinda like Queen's Blade, at least for a few characters.

Highschool Of The Dead is probably one of the last few recent series that does action + ridiculous fanservice really well, but the characters are pretty annoying, save for Hirano.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:34:35 PM by Running Wild »

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
We've got a lot better ecchi anime than before, I'm just fucking sick of how much there really is.

...I'm not.

Please don't kill me.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Ugh Seikon no Qwaser. Yeck. That shit is fucked up.

And Ikki Tousen is the worst, major Tenjou Tenge rip off. The original manga traced entire panels from Tenjou.

I admit I kinda like Queen's Blade, at least for a few characters.

Highschool Of The Dead is probably one of the last few recent series that does anime + ridiculous fanservice really well, but the characters are pretty annoying, save for Hirano.

Regardless of what it is. I'm using them as examples against Burn Up! because it's total shit, it's bad at everything. I ain't trying to defend any of these, because I don't care for ecchi stuff. (I do like Seikon, but only because it's entertainingly messed up)

I'd rather they start serializing more seinen manga, but that's not going to happen any time soon. Hopefully the Berserk movies will change things around. If they ever get around to localizing them at all.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
I never said Burn Up was good, but for what it's worth, half hour action packed shorty with hot babes that manages to pull you into the hot wicked awesome world of JAPANIMATION.

There were a ton, A TON of anime that did what Burn Up did, but a million times better back then. I just used it as an example.

What I want to see is a new animated series based on the original Battle Angel, straight up from the manga, and Gunsmith Cats.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 11:40:17 PM by Running Wild »

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Have Big Windup, but haven't watched it yet - crazily backlogged but think I may peep that one soon.

Big Windup is my favorite sports anime,has a lot of depth and does accurately depict several aspects of baseball and the Japanese old school style of playing the game. It's a bit slow at first though and Mihashi can be a bit of a baby at times but is fairly minimal and his character goes beyond just his intial impression... is also too bad the DS game never came out here haha. I've been meaning to watch more baseball shows, namely One Outs since i've heard some good things about it though I do prefer more realistic skewing shows where as from what I can tell about One Outs is that it is more of a semi unrealistic show.
As far as anime on my initial list a special one would be Texhnolyze - that's the shizz

Texhnolyze is a pretty badass show and I like how it had more going on than just people beating the hell out of each other as IMO the story in a lot of these types of shows are completly forgetable and throwaway whereas with Texhnolyze the story is one of the stronger points of the show later on IMO.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Best sports anime right here.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Oh my god, that was amazing.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
I've always preferred the oldschool anime. I just like the 'look' of the animation and it was obviously made for an adult audience. A lot of the mainstream stuff nowadays just tries to aim for a general audience. In which the studio just shoves in things that just don't go together in the context of the story but appeal to people who enjoy the cutsie sidekick, or the angsty teenager, or the Asuka stereotype, etc. Plus I don't like the look of it, it's too clean and refined.

Some of the best shit a lot of the Anime fans almost never talk about is the Spawn Anime:

Some genuinely creepy shit if you're not into Horror. A pity it ends just as it really gets going and the followup series is in development hell.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Another real good creepy show is Boogiepop Phantom, has a somwhat cryptic stroyline that can be hard to follow but is very well written and the story has some interesting twists, it also has some genuinely interesting characters which is kinda unusual for a show that mainly stars high school age characters.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
so anyone here read "it's not my fault im not popular" yet?

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Another real good creepy show is Boogiepop Phantom, has a somwhat cryptic stroyline that can be hard to follow but is very well written and the story has some interesting twists, it also has some genuinely interesting characters which is kinda unusual for a show that mainly stars high school age characters.

Saw that one, had a pleasantly upsetting plot.

Anyone watch P4 Animation yet? Was pretty good.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
so anyone here read "it's not my fault im not popular" yet?

Is that the manga you advertise on your sig?