Author Topic: The Anime and Manga Thread......so that we can talk about anime and manga  (Read 29040 times)

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Thanks will put that on my list.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Another real good creepy show is Boogiepop Phantom, has a somwhat cryptic stroyline that can be hard to follow but is very well written and the story has some interesting twists, it also has some genuinely interesting characters which is kinda unusual for a show that mainly stars high school age characters.

Saw that one, had a pleasantly upsetting plot.

Anyone watch P4 Animation yet? Was pretty good.

That is perhaps the best description of Boogiepop's feel i've ever heard.

And i've just recently startted watching P4A, is good so far and is much better than Trinity Soul which I gave up on fairly early, I am however wondering what they did about the ending, i'm asuming they used the true ending right?
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
And i've just recently startted watching P4A, is good so far and is much better than Trinity Soul which I gave up on fairly early, I am however wondering what they did about the ending, i'm asuming they used the true ending right?

The show ends with the regular ending on episode 25. Episode 26 (true ending) hasn't been released yet. It's going to be a DVD bonus/OVA sometime in August.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
The show ends with the regular ending on episode 25. Episode 26 (true ending) hasn't been released yet. It's going to be a DVD bonus/OVA sometime in August.

Okay I see, also BTW anyone seen any of Night Raid 1931, is a pretty recent show that blends some mystery, supernatural elements with a historical setting in Japanese occupied China, anyways is a cool show that i'd recommend.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Ion317

• New Challenger
  • Heavy Handed
    • View Profile
http://myanimelist.net/profile/RockmanZero  to keep the history and favorites simple.   :)

Been pretty much keeping up with the manga weeklies as of late...  I'll probably dig up some of these classic shows when I get a bit more free time.  Haven't been interested in any of the newer shows for some reason... *shrugs*

Vhunter14

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
I watched my fair share

Casshern's sins
Gungrave
Devil May Cry
Marvel Iron man Anime
Marvel X men Anime
Full metal panic(first 2 seasons no ovas)
Straight Jacket(OVA/Film)

those are that i own anyway some others escape me but i am sure they were listed here at some point.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Straight Jacket is pretty cool, good action, design and setting could've easily been a full length series IMO.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: The Anime and Manga Thread......so that we can talk about anime and manga
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2012, 08:57:06 PM »
Has anyone watched To Aru Kagaku no Railgun? I started reading the manga and got bored with it real quick. I just wanted to know if the anime is worth my time.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2012, 05:38:08 PM »
Well, i watched the anime, and according to some people it's basically K-On with superpowers.
Haven't read the manga but it's apparently much better, more serious and maybe mature.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2012, 12:02:00 AM »
Ooh! I like K-ON! Or at least, I like what I've read so far.

I don't know what bored me about the manga. Maybe it's the fact that it took way too long to get into some serious action...

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2012, 03:36:26 PM »
Eww K-On.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2012, 06:22:59 AM »
Ooh! I like K-ON! Or at least, I like what I've read so far.

I don't know what bored me about the manga. Maybe it's the fact that it took way too long to get into some serious action...
i thought you were cool bro

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 02, 2012, 07:05:54 AM »
Eww K-On.

This coming from the guys that like Diablo 3 and dubstep respectively. Whatever, mangs...

Oh and, I thought you'd left forever, Xxenace.

In any case, I've only read like one volume of K-ON! I could change my mind after reading some more. And all I really wanted was someone to tell me if To Aru Kagaku no Railgun is cool.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 02, 2012, 06:51:04 PM »
Eww K-On.

This coming from the guys that like Diablo 3 and dubstep respectively. Whatever, mangs...

Oh and, I thought you'd left forever, Xxenace.

In any case, I've only read like one volume of K-ON! I could change my mind after reading some more. And all I really wanted was someone to tell me if To Aru Kagaku no Railgun is cool.
i like this place to much to leave even though jack shit happens around here

anyway stop reading girly moeblob manga and go read/watch black lagoon

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2012, 07:23:50 PM »
i like this place to much to leave even though jack shit happens around here

I know that feeling bro Q_Q