Author Topic: The Super Smash Bros. Thread  (Read 13368 times)

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
Re: The Super Smash Bros. Thread
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 02:21:21 AM »
You can always be try to appease both. They just try to make the best game they can and not try to add random elements that ruin the game. I don't see why Sakurai hates the competitive scene so much. Did his family get murdered by tourney players or something?
maybe he just doesn't want tourneyf@gs to ruin his game which is understandable

Que?

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 02:36:10 AM »
That's a joke son.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 04:46:19 AM »
I sincerely hope that was a bad joke :)
not really i really dont care for competitive gaming  anyway ive always viewed smash as one of those fighting games you play for fun (like power stone or the various naruto games) and im gonna guess thats what sakurai wanted too

LAB Falken

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 10:24:08 AM »
Nothing that anyone does at a tournament stops you from enjoying a game with your friends. People who attend tournaments don't typically do it for the money, you know? It's certainly an added benefit, but I'd be willing to guess that a vast majority of the smash community, including the competitive community absolutely love that game. I don't see how that can be a bad thing, honestly.

I play KOF for fun, I also take it quite seriously. When I play SSB, I try to do the best I can, and I have fun regardless. I don't see that as ruining a game. I see that as playing it to my potential. I don't sign up for tourneys for smash, but I don't look down on the people who do.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 01:27:13 AM »
Nothing that anyone does at a tournament stops you from enjoying a game with your friends. People who attend tournaments don't typically do it for the money, you know? It's certainly an added benefit, but I'd be willing to guess that a vast majority of the smash community, including the competitive community absolutely love that game. I don't see how that can be a bad thing, honestly.

I play KOF for fun, I also take it quite seriously. When I play SSB, I try to do the best I can, and I have fun regardless. I don't see that as ruining a game. I see that as playing it to my potential. I don't sign up for tourneys for smash, but I don't look down on the people who do.

Absolute truth here.

Some people like to make out the competitive scene as a bunch of jerks (which is the only reason I know of that someone would hate the competitive scene of anything), but I'm betting that that isn't always the case, and that there are some people out there who (for some weird reason) are jealous of these tourney players.

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2012, 04:50:26 AM »
I've been in the Smash scene for a while.

I've met a few cool people that I'm still friends with today and besides, every scene has their jerks.

You're too slow!!

Hungry Color

• New Challenger
  • Bread N' Butter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2012, 05:18:21 AM »
Smash is a fighting game series.

There are two problems however.

1.Items.

Injustice is going to use items from the background in the game, which means it would have to fall under similar scrutiny in this category. And we all know it's a fighting game.

2. Ringouts

Virtua Fighter and Soul Calibur have ringouts, just like Smash.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2012, 10:42:18 AM »
Whichever way you slice it, it's still a fighting game. Regardless of what they put in there. If DOA IV can be considered a fighting game then Smash can too.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2012, 07:32:40 PM »
If it is or not doesn't matter to me, it's funny to troll or annoy the Smash fans telling them it's not a fighting game.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2012, 06:01:08 PM »
1.Items.

Injustice is going to use items from the background in the game, which means it would have to fall under similar scrutiny in this category. And we all know it's a fighting game.

Bushido Blade, Gekido, Ergheiz, Power Stone 1 & 2, Cody in SFZ3 & SF4, MK4, and Agressors of Dark Kombat are only a few games that have items in it. They're all considered fighters-- well the VS mode in Gekido is the fighter portion. The rest is a beat-em up...

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2012, 04:56:26 PM »
Samurai Shodown I and II had ''items''

This kills the argument of ''has items, not a fighter''

I was in the bandwagon of ''smash is not a fighting game'' but thinking it better, I was more trying to say ''isn't a traditional fighting game'' so I will better try to search terms for games like sf or kof, versus the tekken vf, versus the naruto dbz games, vs the smashes

Waifu Material

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2012, 10:20:23 PM »
isn't a traditional fighting game

This.

If you want, you can call it a "party fighting game". After all, the word "party" has been used a lot to describe the genre of the Smash games.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2012, 07:52:43 PM »
Anyone been following Super Smash Flash 2?

The developers have a release date for their latest demo. It's in their website: http://mcleodgaming.com/

Really looking forward to this.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2013, 11:40:11 PM »
Super Smash Flash 2 v0.9 is finally released.

This latest demo has some issues (which the developers say they'll fix ASAP), but it seems good so far. Some Events are freaking hard, though.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 08:50:29 AM »
Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS: the stuff so far.

Villager (Animal Crossing)
Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit)
MEGAMAN!!!!

First two choices were a bit weird, but FUCKING MEGAMAN!!!! I can't wait for more details! So hype!