Author Topic: Socal Player  (Read 2292 times)

Tenken

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Socal Player
« on: June 12, 2012, 05:35:30 AM »
Sup DC!  I've been a KOF fan since 96 and I've been a serious player since 2002.  So glad to have finally joined up.  I've actually met some of the members here at AI and a past Evo (long ago) and I'm so happy to see the growth of the KOF community.  I grew up with SNK's fighters and I'm hoping to become a strong player at XIII.  So hyped about XIII at Evo!

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
Re: Socal Player
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 05:47:42 AM »
Great to have you aboard Tenken!

Hope you enjoy your stay :)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 08:59:32 AM »
Welcome Tenken, glad you found your way here. Also glad to see the scene growing as much as it has and still does. I'm away from it now, so I hope you get to frequent a lot of tournaments, and maybe even EVO for XIII this year.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 09:51:06 AM »
Hi Tenken, we all used to frequent AI a lot.  Have I met you before?  I am/was the only Chin player there.

Tenken

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2012, 10:18:40 PM »
Thank you very much for the warm welcome.  I actually met The Answer at an EVO side tourney in Cal Poly Pomona.  I was the Korean guy that brought the Import SVC Chaos.  I think we ran Dreamcast 98, PS2 2002, and TC the Beast won SVC... 

Then I visited AI and got OCVed by Mr. KOF and Reynald.  I think I did see a strong Chin player there...  Mad respect for Kane317's Chin.  I also watch The Runback and Real Honest Sundays.  First things first tho.  I plan to join the online ranbat on 22nd.  I'm also hoping to make it out to Super Arcade soon.

Just got a one year pass for Xbox Live and wired internet.  Looking forward to leveling up here at DC! 

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 01:13:00 AM »
Thank you very much for the warm welcome.  I actually met The Answer at an EVO side tourney in Cal Poly Pomona.  I was the Korean guy that brought the Import SVC Chaos.  I think we ran Dreamcast 98, PS2 2002, and TC the Beast won SVC... 

Then I visited AI and got OCVed by Mr. KOF and Reynald.  I think I did see a strong Chin player there...  Mad respect for Kane317's Chin.  I also watch The Runback and Real Honest Sundays.  First things first tho.  I plan to join the online ranbat on 22nd.  I'm also hoping to make it out to Super Arcade soon.

Just got a one year pass for Xbox Live and wired internet.  Looking forward to leveling up here at DC! 

Sounds like nicely varied experience.

And FYI Tenken, the online ranbat will be the weekend of the 22nd. We're taking a poll here for which day out of the weekend to have it.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 08:39:16 PM »

wow! that was a long time ago, haha well I'm glad you are back in the scene hope to see you around in our local events.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof