Author Topic: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012  (Read 186659 times)

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #720 on: December 29, 2012, 08:13:50 PM »
Pachinko games, huh...  Oh well.

What should happen is have a low functional class room environment before or after a tournament events with KOFXIII in the line up. Individuals within the tournament
will record both the class room itself and the game play footage as the players practice. The purpose of this class room is to effectively talk about the
true nature of KOFXIII and teach the players about game system mechanics and/or character specific aspects (match ups, move set, frame data, safe/unsafe moves, etc.)
The intermediate players will have the players practice under specific circumstances and provide insight on how to do certain moves or combos.
The players will also have small sparing matches in practice mode to give a more visual idea of how to take advantage of the game system. The streams and the other
casual players will watch the both the classroom and the game play - these class rooms will be able to help increase KOFXIII publicity and motivate more players.

The people who plan the tournament will encourage communication between them and the KOFXIII players. They will set up a small class room within the tournament
setting... perhaps an hour or two before the actual KOFXIII tournament. Then the class room will be put on stream to outright teach players about the game and
provide better insight altogether. The players will have to be thorough in their descriptions in how to perform a specific task and then have the players within the
class get a hands on experiences. The players here can also have fun in the process as they properly prepare for the tournament. Sometime during the class,
the players will have small little matches against each, implementing what they were just taught. There could even be tests or questions that players might
have to access. The class room environment can be done a day before the tournament... maybe a hour or two before... or even shortly after the tournament.
The people in charge of the tournament can speak with the intermediate KOFXIII players about this and prepare a class room on KOFXIII. Then they will
announce the said class before time and get the players prepared for the KOFXIII tournament if it is in the line up of whatever event is taking place. It would be
far better if the said event was actually KOFXIII centric.

People will record the class room process, the controllers (pad/stick), and the KOFXIII on the TV screen. Then, when the video is complete, others can edit the
footage and carefully provide some text or notations within the video. The players themselves will openly talk about KOFXIII mechanics and character specific
aspects while they play the game in the game in the class. Leadership will draw other "class mates" into showcase the game as well.

As of now, we have players like Juicebox teaching players about the KOFXIII game system. Others should try to do the same but with a fast group of people who are
geniunly interested in the game. Hell, even Bala himself can help in this department and motivate others into playing KOFXIII.

Frofighter

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Riyadh FGC - Newly-established Youtube page for the FGC of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
« Reply #721 on: December 30, 2012, 01:16:26 PM »
im exstatic about kof13's success, but people please know its SNK we are dealing with here. They have never released 2 GREAT kof's after each other. The one is always really bad and the following super good. except for 97/98 , it was a good year. Anyway i digress, HOLDING THUMBS FOR KOF15

Biggest difference now is that KOF isn't a yearly-updated series anymore, so they can take their time to create a good game every 2 or 3 years (two I'm hoping moreso), but with the next entry being a dream match probably, and the time they can give it to develop, I think we won't have to worry much about the good/bad cycle. I don't believe all of those are bad, but I wasn't always competitive either.

And that poll honestly confirmed what I thought it would; most players like exposure more than anything for a game they like. Learning most things from streams symbolizes that players like to learn things visually over just text (understandable), and they like to judge a game's viablilty/relevance in the FG community from # of/type of streams out there. It would be great, and almost necessary at this point to match the visual teaching that TTT2, AE and Marvel are getting now, in order to get more people. I want to say the difficulty-level of XIII is a weak issue at best now; there's a bigger reward in XIII that you'll get sooner from XIII over some of the popular games (very much my experience/opinion).

I do hope we can give the public exactly what they'd want to play more KOF soon.

And on this topic, yesterday in NY, we had KOFXIII return to the Team St1ckbug Fighting Game series and in an attempt to fight all the internet/equipment issues we were faced with, me & Bloom of the Wolf (Saika/Yui) attempted to feed the stream with informative play-by-play commentary while trying to be hype as well. Didn't end up so well because of steam issues as stated before, but some people were stating that us breaking down situations actually helped them understand the game since it was visual & was being done live.

Speaking of Apex earlier, I noticed you registered! Looking forward to seeing you there! Let's get in some matches apart from the tourney, seeing as there are only.... 8 people in there right now.
"NO PROBREM!" -Terry, KOF 2002/UM

DCLam

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: January 02, 2013, 09:39:37 AM »
Happy New Year to KOF 13 and all the wonderful people in this community!! Lets hope this will be the year for KOF 13 as in 2013!

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: January 03, 2013, 02:03:50 AM »

This is a bit random but what do you know could be true.

Any news is good news now, I think?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_King_of_Fighters_video_games

The King of Fighters XIV Original release date(s):Worldwide TBA 2013
Release years by system:TBA 2013—Arcade
TBA 2014—iOS, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Nintendo 3DSNotes:This game marks the first chapter in the Violator saga.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: January 03, 2013, 03:45:34 AM »

This is a bit random but what do you know could be true.

Any news is good news now, I think?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_King_of_Fighters_video_games

The King of Fighters XIV Original release date(s):Worldwide TBA 2013
Release years by system:TBA 2013—Arcade
TBA 2014—iOS, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation Vita, Wii U, Nintendo 3DSNotes:This game marks the first chapter in the Violator saga.

Well, it COULD be true. But it seems a bit farfetched that any new KoF would be developed for so many consoles simultaneously. Also, Violater saga? Sounds kinda unrealistic. But like I said, it COULD be true...

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: January 03, 2013, 03:48:40 AM »
There's nothing on the net about that, there's not been any public announcements, and wikipedia isn't citing any sources for this piece of information. It's flagged red since there's no page for that game title.

I think it's a hoax, ladies and gents.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #726 on: January 03, 2013, 04:38:09 AM »
It's fake, it was already discussed at Cyberfanatix.

Tyrant292

• Scion of Flame
  • I have no regrets
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: January 03, 2013, 03:58:40 PM »

Oooooh man!! When are they gonna break their feeaking silence!!!

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: January 04, 2013, 02:51:47 AM »
Oooooh man!! When are they gonna break their feeaking silence!!!

When they have something solid to give us, unfortunately. They might even be timing announcements according to what else is coming out, though not likely.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

samirerre

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: January 04, 2013, 07:46:18 PM »
played this game yesterday with my friends,i kicked thiere asses even thu they are very good sf players.
they just couldnt handle the heat.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #730 on: January 04, 2013, 07:51:06 PM »
^^^ Hopefully you gave them some tips to help them get better! If they are good SF players, try to relate things from SF to KOF.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
Re: Re: KOF XIII 8th General Thread: KOF EVOlving 2012
« Reply #731 on: January 05, 2013, 04:54:26 PM »
I remember a long ass time ago reading at cyberfanatix that snk was working on a HD metal slug with kof xii like graphics. I hope this turns out to be true
Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: January 06, 2013, 01:53:01 AM »
I remember a long ass time ago reading at cyberfanatix that snk was working on a HD metal slug with kof xii like graphics. I hope this turns out to be true

Well since SNK doesn't have much money, hopefully the sprites in HD Metal Slug can go to KOF.  Heidern, and Rival Ikari Team would make a nice change of pace.

ChrisP

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: January 06, 2013, 11:58:52 AM »

I don't really see that working out too good.
Happy New Year to KOF 13 and all the wonderful people in this community!! Lets hope this will be the year for KOF 13 as in 2013!

Happy new year.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: January 08, 2013, 01:50:39 AM »
Feels good to be back (holidays are always a time of little-to-no usage of Internet for me).

First thing's first: WHEN are they going to change the character in the front page? EX Kyo's been there for like forever! I vote Mr. Karate for front page, since he was the character of 2012 IMO.

Now... it seems that SNKP has already started the year badly. I mean, seriously... Metal Slug panchinko is what they have for us? LAAAAAME!

But no worries. We're still barely a week into the year. They've got time to give us something good.

Here's hoping for KOF 13 Ver. 2013! =P