Author Topic: Bread and Butter combos in KoF13  (Read 4606 times)

Gatts

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Bread and Butter combos in KoF13
« on: July 29, 2012, 06:27:08 AM »
Hi there. I would like to say I've been a lurker on this site for a few months having built interest in KoF13 around the same time I found this site. I have the game (xbox 360 if it matters) but I don't have much experience playing fighting games in general. I have always been interested in KoF though. I've been practicing by doing trials for a bunch of the characters to get a feel for the game but things can get difficult after a few trials for each character.
I want to know if there are guides, rather than videos, for bread and butter combos of each character. I tried to search the forums here and google it but I haven't found any. I want a more enjoyable learning experience with the game before I start getting in to some kind of regimen of doing only hops in practice or something.
Any help would be great.
Thanks!

selfReg

• Scion of Flame
  • Plateau of Invincibility
    • View Profile
    • Squirrel UK
Re: Bread and Butter combos in KoF13
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2012, 06:47:53 AM »
are there any characters in particular? Maybe a team you had in mind?
KOFXIII: N-Robert, Ryo, R2 Takuma

davidkong07

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 07:05:33 AM »
Although we don't have formal "guides" per se,  I highly recommend this thread for some very practical combos:

http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2019.0;viewResults

Also, when you say bread and butter, what exactly do you mean? Every character has optimized combos (meaning, doing max damage for a given amount of meter in a specific position on the screen).

For every character you main, you should learn the following combos for mid screen and in the corner:

no meter
1 bar no drive
1 bar 1 drive
2 bars 1 drive
2 bars HD
etc...
In it to win it!

Gatts

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 07:34:48 AM »
I don't have any characters in particular I want to use yet or in a team as I still want to try each character and see how I feel about them. I was hoping there is a combo list, with or without meter, that I can hopefully pull off without much difficulty. I'm not used to doing hyper drive combos though as I've discovered through doing trials.

The 50% character thread is actually something I haven't even seen. I guess I could put it all in a text file though.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 02:03:28 AM »
The 50% character thread is actually something I haven't even seen. I guess I could put it all in a text file though.

Don't forget that it's a thread that is updated with new info every now and again.

Have you checked out the site's XIII wiki Gatts?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Gatts

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 08:07:06 AM »
I just looked at the wiki actually. Pretty overwhelming amount of info for each character.
I guess when I was asking about bread and butter combos I was more asking about what combos are commonly used because people would have their "go to" combos when they can get it in. I know it's different with match ups and situations but I just want to learn some combos that don't require a lot of skill to pull of so that I can get the hang of doing something with my stick since KoF13 is pretty much my first fighting game I really want to get in to playing.
Gotta educate myself a bit with the wiki and all that.
Thanks for the help so far guys.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 04:50:30 PM »
On the top part of our wiki for some of the characters, there is a Quick Combo Reference box showing a few bnbs for the character, for example: http://dreamcancel.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kyo_Kusanagi_%28XIII%29#Quick_Combo_Reference
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."