Author Topic: FGC Drama  (Read 3411 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
FGC Drama
« on: December 03, 2012, 02:32:13 AM »
Been paying attention more to FGC stuff in-general, and see a lot of players being dramatic in ways I would've ignored before. I know huge communities like SF and maybe Marvel worldwide are bound to have drama, but I'm more or less glad that though SNK games have had drama with players, it hasn't been as wide-spread as in other games.

But how do you all feel about drama? What causes more of it? Does it make you pay more attention to a game if it's there? If SNK fighters like KOF, SS, or another SNK game had more drama, would that be better or worse?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: FGC Drama
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 04:16:39 PM »
Add some fun to the matchesd but yeah at times are ridiculous

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 06:20:51 PM »
Honestly, it would be worse. Most FGC players act like histrionic teenagers.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 09:10:01 PM »
I agree w/ nilcam it could be a lot worse. Back in the mid 00's on SRK I saw WAY more drama there. Drama comes with frustration that the game doesn't do what you want it to do/ other people get it to do what you don't want them to do. Drama never helps unless it's constructive (i.e. FT10 grudge matches) it turns more people off to it then anything and you are left w/ a ton of trolls communicating to each other.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 05:34:36 AM »

Unfortunately, that behavior can sell. Some crazy-acting guys in the FGC are getting lots of attention their own skills probably couldn't get them, I think.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 06:32:22 PM »

Unfortunately, that behavior can sell. Some crazy-acting guys in the FGC are getting lots of attention their own skills probably couldn't get them, I think.

And that's why I've pretty much checked out of my local scene and stopped visiting SRK.

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 10:15:23 PM »
I don't think drama is good for the communtiy since it really seems most of the time to be like some stupid WWE nonsense where two or more people feud with each other until people get tired of it and move on to the next bitch fight and in the end it doesn't really contribute to the community as a whole and can end up breaking apart parts of the community. While I do think things like rivalries between players can be a good thing ie: Bala vs. MadKOF as this actually showcases the game and draws people in to watch the game opposed to the peripheral nonsense like back and forth comments or any of the other annoying things you get with all this drama.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".