Author Topic: Elisabeth Branctorche (Arcade Version)  (Read 34018 times)

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Elisabeth Branctorche
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2011, 10:55:04 PM »
I wish i can say her last name (its to long and confusing :() O anyways i noticed in XII the was able to cancel her counter ( ;dn ;df ;fd ;k or  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k) into another move like  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c can she still do it in XIII

Currently in arcade kof 13 if you counter something with a normal counter you get a free throw. If you use ex counter you get a free st.C combo starter. However this is being changed in console version. I believe in console you no longer get a st.C f+B, you just go straight into a special move.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2011, 10:57:53 PM »
I wish i can say her last name (its to long and confusing :() O anyways i noticed in XII the was able to cancel her counter ( ;dn ;df ;fd ;k or  ;dn ;db ;bk ;k) into another move like  ;dn ;db ;bk ;c can she still do it in XIII

Currently in arcade kof 13 if you counter something with a normal counter you get a free throw. If you use ex counter you get a free st.C combo starter. However this is being changed in console version. I believe in console you no longer get a st.C f+B, you just go straight into a special move.

sorry i mean if you didnt get hit like how clark has that hop but she can cancel in the middle when she moves

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2011, 11:19:02 AM »
However this is being changed in console version. I believe in console you no longer get a st.C f+B, you just go straight into a special move.

I didn't understand that part about the changelist, doesn't her qcf/DP moves have just as much if not longer startup than st.C?
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2011, 04:39:09 PM »
I didn't understand that part about the changelist, doesn't her qcf/DP moves have just as much if not longer startup than st.C?

Yeah I haven't had any hands on time so I don't know hwo this works. Maybe it's something like you cancel the counter into a special now instead of how it is now. Maybe someone who's actually played console can clarify.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2011, 06:29:39 PM »
However this is being changed in console version. I believe in console you no longer get a st.C f+B, you just go straight into a special move.

I'm not certain, but I assume any normal (or f+B) automatically knocks down after an EX counter. Specials are the only move that allow for an extended combo. This is similar to Shen's EX grab, where any normal move automatically knocks down, but specials can still juggle.

At least, that's the impression I got.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2011, 09:35:55 PM »

I'm not certain, but I assume any normal (or f+B) automatically knocks down after an EX counter. Specials are the only move that allow for an extended combo. This is similar to Shen's EX grab, where any normal move automatically knocks down, but specials can still juggle.

At least, that's the impression I got.

I remember on the Thursday weekend of Evo we got to test Liz out extensively, especially since it's The Answer's love child.  It doesn't really makes sense to us either, but the normals just simply don't come out in time, the opponent would have fully recovered to block or whatever by then.  The specials, on the other hand, will just hit.  Don't ask me how, it just does.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:49:59 AM by Kane317 »

tastylumpia

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2011, 02:25:59 AM »
So I trained Liz a little last week and was trying to learn to incorporate her command dash more. I found she gets a nice little mixup off her basic s. ;c,  ;fd ;b string. You can cancel into forward command dash and you have multiple options, you can do  ;dn ;df ;fd ;a for safe pressure and meter, you can try a command grab, can  continue with a low poke/hop pressure (risky), and you can also do backward command dash instead of the forward one. Generally, the first and last options are safest. Going for a poke after the dash is dangerous because they can mash out of it, the dash itself has lower body invincibility but you can be hit right after it. You can also be poked out off the  ;a slice startup but it seems to be generally a good option.

About the command grab: I was thinking it was possibly a useful option select. I realized on-hit,  s. ;c, ;fd ;b,  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ~ EX grab combos. However, if the s. ;c,  ;fd ;b string is blocked, the command dash while still put you in range to get the grab. The opponent can backdash/jump to avoid this or mash out an invincible move. But if your opponent remains blocking they will get scooped. If they weren't blocking, they will still get scooped. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:29:00 AM by tastylumpia »
twitter @tasty_lumpia

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2011, 02:51:17 AM »
About the command grab: I was thinking it was possibly a useful option select. I realized on-hit,  s. ;c, ;fd ;b,  ;dn ;df ;fd ;b ~ EX grab combos. However, if the s. ;c,  ;fd ;b string is blocked, the command dash while still put you in range to get the grab. The opponent can backdash/jump to avoid this or mash out an invincible move. But if your opponent remains blocking they will get scooped. If they weren't blocking, they will still get scooped. Thoughts?

I know it's difficult to pull off in XIII, but could the opponent use alternate guard to avoid the throw?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2011, 02:54:06 AM »
About the command grab: I was thinking it was possibly a useful option select. I realized on-hit,  s. ;c, ;fd ;b;dn ;df ;fd ;b ~ EX grab combos. However, if the s. ;c;fd ;b string is blocked, the command dash while still put you in range to get the grab. The opponent can backdash/jump to avoid this or mash out an invincible move. But if your opponent remains blocking they will get scooped. If they weren't blocking, they will still get scooped. Thoughts?

By definition that's not a option-select but that's a new topic altogether.  If I'm not mistaken, the opponent will still be in the block stun from your f+B so your command grab will miss.

TheRook

• New Challenger
  • GOD HAND
    • View Profile
    • Art is Unlimited
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2011, 02:21:31 AM »
I was wondering how Close is Elisabeth to her XI or XII incarnation? because i wanted to see if i could incorporate any thing from those older game to her now in XIII.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2011, 02:41:33 AM »
About the command grab: I was thinking it was possibly a useful option select. I realized on-hit,  s. ;c, ;fd ;b;dn ;df ;fd ;b ~ EX grab combos. However, if the s. ;c;fd ;b string is blocked, the command dash while still put you in range to get the grab. The opponent can backdash/jump to avoid this or mash out an invincible move. But if your opponent remains blocking they will get scooped. If they weren't blocking, they will still get scooped. Thoughts?

By definition that's not a option-select but that's a new topic altogether.  If I'm not mistaken, the opponent will still be in the block stun from your f+B so your command grab will miss.

Someone was telling me that the blockstun of f+B ends similarly to the time it takes you to command grab. You'd probably be able to make this close to unescapable but it'd probably take quite a bit of practice.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2011, 02:48:38 AM »

Someone was telling me that the blockstun of f+B ends similarly to the time it takes you to command grab. You'd probably be able to make this close to unescapable but it'd probably take quite a bit of practice.

But don't you have 9 frames after blockstun that makes you unable to be thrown?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 08, 2011, 11:04:24 PM »
I don't pay attention much to Elisabeth, so I just noticed that she has Vanessa-like command dashes. How do people make good use of those dashes? (I may have seen them in a match, but they seem like emergency rolls to me...)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 08, 2011, 11:11:23 PM »
I think when she moves forward, she has high invincibility and when she moves back, she has low invincibility.

The way some people use it is to extend into a pressuring attack while people are guarding and not pressing buttons. They hit them with her fireball. You can also do that and go for an EX grab which can go into a uppercut loop.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2011, 11:34:05 PM »
I think when she moves forward, she has high invincibility and when she moves back, she has low invincibility.

Hold that thought, I think that's an error we haven't corrected.  When I get a chance I'll test it out but I don't think there's invincibility.  Of course you can still free cancel it into any special move.