Author Topic: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist  (Read 87961 times)

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters XIII Home Port Wishlist
« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2011, 12:47:14 PM »
Home Port Wish List:

-Turn into Real Bout 3 instead of being KoF XIII lawl

-Completely balanced out with no annoying glitches or tons of infinites. At least make the infinites hard enough to where those players need to work hard to make them happen.

-Bring in characters that can actually help add balance to the game, as opposed to just tossing in fan favourites and seeing how it goes. SNKP needs to make sure they don't add in something like the old Vanilla Fei-Long infinite

-MARKETING MARKETING MARKETING! Pour money into marketing or hire someone whose shown positive results with marketing to do it. Make some cheesey commercial for America with two dudes fighting (Preferably Americans or Ninjas) and make everyone notice KoF.

-If GGPO is not possible, do what you can with the engine to try and get it as close to even SSFIV as you can. At least let it be playable for us, Japan's internet is faster than America's and we're way more spread out than Japan is. East to West coast is a loooong ways comparatively.

-Release alternate costume packs as DLC as well as pay attention and release balance patches as needed, as well as new music tracks and characters.

Thats about it, unfortunately its falling on deaf ears. SNKP needs a community manager whose familiar with the competitive scene and can speak for us, AND knows how to market.

JT_Chill

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 08, 2011, 04:12:26 PM »
Home Port Wish List:
-Release alternate costume packs as DLC as well as pay attention and release balance patches as needed, as well as new music tracks and characters.

Make them available the they were in KoF: MI/RA. By the time you pay for all the packs, you end up paying for the game again.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 08, 2011, 08:24:57 PM »
guys, i know there are retards willing to play bs for dlc outfits. but lets keep that bs out of kof. shit should be like tekken, as in free.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 09, 2011, 02:14:14 AM »
I'd respect them for going with a complete release, all included. But in all honesty, i wouldn't mind if they made dlc like capcom from the getgo. I wouldn't mind "sponsoring" snkp's possible future endevours by coughing up some extra cash for what i hope to be this generations best fighting game. I'm guessing i'll buy the kof13 themed arcade stick that i expect them to get released and i'm also expecting to go for collectors edition or whatever other fancy special release they might go with. They pretty much have my money, they just need to decide how much of it they want

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 09, 2011, 05:48:11 AM »
supporting a company is one thing, by buying theior products worth buying. buying trivial bs like outfits and asking $ for it is scandalous. problem is there are actually people buying this bs so they get the signal they doing right, shit sucks.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 09, 2011, 03:49:00 PM »
Everybody is doing this. I don't see why SNKP shouldn't do that. Anyway, alternate outfits are something optional and don't affect the game at all, so they can be ignored.
What I don't like are DLC chars, because do not buy new characters is quite hard because, even if you don't like them or don't want to use them, you will fight them, so you need to know them. Like Yoda in SC4. I totally hate it was DLC, because he was a very tricky char and I never could practice against him to know him well because I didn't want to buy him. So, when I found some Yoda online I never knew how to attack him or cover from his attacks. Grrr.

On a side note. Alternate outfits could be great, not only because are something cool in terms of visuality, but also because it would be the first time someone do alternate outfits in a 2D game. This could give to SNKP a very good feedback. I really would love an "alternate outfit" for each character like the ones Yuri, Raiden, Andy, etc. have. But don't forget that do this for a 2D game is a titanic work (all frames have to be duplicated and redrawed, and each character has around 500-700 frames...).
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 09, 2011, 06:19:11 PM »
DLC characters I don't mind so much, especially with XIII. If they ever do that, I don't imagine it's going to be more than a few characters. Alternate outfits I'm usually less thrilled about, mostly because of how much companies charge for them. I'm not even sure XIII would have to have alternate outfits; several character color schemes made it so it's almost like a whole different outfit anyway.

One thing I'd wish they'd get more into after XII is the additional music tracks for teams. Make available arranged tracks for each year (Japan, AOF, FF, Psycho Soldier, Ikari, Kim, Iori, Ash, etc), make each song $1.99 at most, and let you design your own custom soundtrack. XIII already has a great soundtrack, but that option would be nice too.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2011, 04:26:30 AM »
The DLC is more of a marketing plan than an actual money saver. Yeah they make you pay but everyone is doing it now. Personally? I prefer to pay and download it than have to unlock everything in Tekken. It can take soooo long in Tekken 6 to do that and honestly? I REALLY do not care about offline content that much. Story mode, sure. Maybe a few trophies but Tekken 6 is on my shelf collecting dust for a few reasons besides shitty online. With pay for DLC, with proper marketing, this will net SNKP more money as well make it easier for people like me who just wanna select the costume and go. But fans do not stress! This also shows SNKP you like KoF and want more KoF content. Supporting the company is a good way to get more from them. All of this "boycotting SNKP" does not work. When Capcom's sales decreased drastically They disappeared for ten years, it was the tournament scene and fan demand that brought back Marvel and Street Fighter. Fan outcry is what got them to work on the online play and create something better, its what got TvC here. Always remember there has NEVER been an example in the game industry to prove "boycotting" ever does a damn thing so again, DLC would further aid in assisting SNKP and let them know there's people here that want their games. Adding in ridiculous hours of grinding for in-game money and unlocking a bunch of tiny pieces of costumes imo is not quite as good as having DLC costume packs. But I do think the Scenario Campaign for Tekken 6 was very interesting. I'd like to see a Fatal Fury reboot have something similar as a pre-Fatal Fury 1 campaign.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:17 AM »
One thing I'd wish they'd get more into after XII is the additional music tracks for teams. Make available arranged tracks for each year (Japan, AOF, FF, Psycho Soldier, Ikari, Kim, Iori, Ash, etc), make each song $1.99 at most, and let you design your own custom soundtrack. XIII already has a great soundtrack, but that option would be nice too.

That's a really cool idea. And unlike capcom who are unable to go to any other sf game than the second one for good music, there actually is a fair deal of good stuff for kof. It could both work, be fair and unique all at once.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2011, 11:01:51 PM »
That's a really cool idea. And unlike capcom who are unable to go to any other sf game than the second one for good music, there actually is a fair deal of good stuff for kof. It could both work, be fair and unique all at once.

I dunno man, I loved the music in the Darkstalkers series, the Alpha series, SFIII series, JoJo, Marvel vs series (MvC2 was good but...different). Only miss for Capcom imho would be SFIV/SSFIV which they sorta fix by letting you hear remixes of the classic stuff. MvC3 is mostly remixes of MvC1 music, but the new stuff there like X-23's music is really good, same with others like She-Hulk. Albeit for me to bring up something in favor for Capcom on an SNK forum...but ya know, give credit where credit is due. SNKP makes some pretty good music but I was rather disappointed with 94, 97, 98, 2001, 2002, 2003, and XI's soundtracks. They had some okay stuff here and there, but really I didn't get much outta those soundtracks. And they remix songs or rehash them a LOT. Check out how many Geese remixes there are, or Esaka (Japan team) remixes that exist. They can't seem to go one game without Esaka being in it. XIII truly has good music though, unique too. Terry/Team Fatal Fury's "Kurikinton" sucks imo too and always has. There's much better music to use, like 196th Street.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 11:13:05 PM by steamwolf »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2011, 11:18:51 PM »
To each their own, i really hate sf alphas music. Sfiiis music is weak aswell, though not as bad. I like kof 94, maybe not every song but atleast ikari warriors theme is memorable. I think x-23s theme is a failure, one of the most annoying songs in mvc3 though there is plenty of good stuff in there to compensate, for example wolverines theme gets the job done.

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2011, 11:56:02 PM »
3rd strike had the best character select music imo. I wish XIII could have had a better one but i think thats the only thing i would change about the game. I guess i should be thankful its not horrible like MvC3...
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

Prototype

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2011, 07:05:50 AM »
I guess I'm the only one who wants Adelheid to come back...

I too would like to see Adelheid, KOF's rebirth just doesn't feel complete without the Rugal bloodline making a gameplay appearance. Especially since Rose is in the game...c'mon.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 29, 2011, 11:26:13 PM »
I already mentioned it, but I donĀ“t really like long juggles so I would still like that to be tone down. Everytime I see Elisabeth's doing his Etanseru over and over again in the corner I feel like punching the monitor.
But honestly, what I really want now is a fucking announcement.
It is taking too long already.
I hope we get some news in April.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2011, 12:12:20 AM »
I guess I'm the only one who wants Adelheid to come back...

I too would like to see Adelheid, KOF's rebirth just doesn't feel complete without the Rugal bloodline making a gameplay appearance. Especially since Rose is in the game...c'mon.

Welcome to DC, don't forget to introduce yourself when you get a chance.