Author Topic: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Dream Team steady mobbin'  (Read 80823 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Dream Cancel Wiki and YOU! - Can't stop the hustle
« Reply #285 on: July 19, 2011, 02:46:54 AM »
Finally, Athena and Kensou's picture needs resizing so if someone could help with that that'll be cool.

Is there a problem with them? I mean does it mess with the formatting of the pages? I'm using Google Chrome and it looks fine to me, so let me know if it's a browser specific thing. I only resized images last time cause they were oversized and messed with the formatting of the page and the Table of Contents. Looking at the dimensions of the Athena and Kensou Header images, they're are a bit taller but slighty shorter lengthwise than the other character header images. Either way, if you think they need resizing, I'll gladly do it.

Nevermind it was my resolution for my netbook.  It appears fine in my desktop.  Although, strangely only them two were affected.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 19, 2011, 02:49:19 AM »
@DarKaoZ I will leave that up to nilcam's discretion. Although, personally, I believe we should refrain from using anything "arcade dump" related for any Dream Cancel resource.

So... while editing the Mai wiki, I never noticed this move description before: "Mai's trademark fan toss.  It is still of great debate where Mai pulls her fans out from." I actually started laughing when I read this.

Nevermind it was my resolution for my netbook.  It appears fine in my desktop.  Although, strangely only them two were affected.

Alright, just let me know if you run into any other problems as far as image sizing goes, and I'll see what i can do.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 19, 2011, 03:40:30 AM »
We should not use any non-official resources.

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 19, 2011, 04:34:04 AM »
I feel like I should help out again since I've barely done anything. I'll bring my laptop with me the next time I go to the arcade to update more small stuff such as damage values.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 19, 2011, 06:46:21 AM »
So... while editing the Mai wiki, I never noticed this move description before: "Mai's trademark fan toss.  It is still of great debate where Mai pulls her fans out from." I actually started laughing when I read this.

Lol, 'bout time someone caught that.  My efforts are no longer in vain ;)

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 19, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »
Lots of sentences separated by commas rather than periods.

I did not understand until I actually saw it... lol

I feel like I should help out again since I've barely done anything. I'll bring my laptop with me the next time I go to the arcade to update more small stuff such as damage values.

Don't all the characters already have damage values for normals/specials/supers? Unless you meant damage values for combos or something. But, as always, help with the wiki is always appreciated. While editing and proofing the character pages, I noticed a lot of them were bare. So, to all DC members: if you have any character knowledge, help us fill the wiki or drop your knowledge into the character threads! We are a community and we can't do this without your help! :)

krazykone123

« Reply #291 on: July 20, 2011, 04:19:11 AM »
Lots of sentences separated by commas rather than periods.

I did not understand until I actually saw it... lol

Ok guys I admit, I dunno what the hell I was thinking adding a bunch of commas instead of periods. Man what was I on!? lol

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 20, 2011, 06:49:53 AM »
When doing strategy or gameplay sections, being somewhat wordy is fine. However, when doing move descriptions or making small notes, try to keep things as concise for the reader as possible.

I had to delete a lot of sentences like "Hits low therefore it much be blocked whilst crouching otherwise they'll get hit. "

EDIT: Finally finished proofing the teams I assigned myself. Man, some of those pages were a handful lol.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:41:20 AM by FataCon »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 22, 2011, 06:23:16 AM »
I'm going back to my assigned team and going to make it more concise like Fatacon suggested and converted them into bullet format like Vice's wiki.  Lemme know what you guys think.

Also, and I dunno why we didn't do this sooner, I'm going to have the each character's wiki linked in their thread right after the movelists.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 06:28:54 AM by Kane317 »

Demoninja

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 22, 2011, 07:14:16 AM »
I'm writing some stuff down in the Raiden strategy and I'm hoping you guys can read it over and fix any glaring mistakes I make. I'm writing it based on how I like to play Raiden and what I do at those distances.

Edit: I was wondering if anyone can set up the combo section for Raiden like it is for K'? I think that's a good format for everyone to follow and I don't know how to do that.

Edit 2: Added the below combo to K' wiki.
j.D -> d.B -> qcf+A -> f+D -> qcb+D -> qcb+D (miss) -> dp+A(1hit) -> qcf+C -> f+D -> qcb+D -> qcb+D (miss)-> dp+C
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 07:35:03 AM by Demoninja »

krazykone123

« Reply #295 on: July 22, 2011, 09:43:44 PM »
I was wondering if anyone can set up the combo section for Raiden like it is for K'? I think that's a good format for everyone to follow and I don't know how to do that.

Done and done.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: July 28, 2011, 05:39:42 AM »
It was a pain in the royal ass but I edited all 31 characters to have their wikis link right in their first post (after the NeoMax).

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #297 on: August 04, 2011, 04:53:25 PM »
Added XIII's console-exclusive characters in the navigation box. Didn't know what to name the second Yagami though so I just called him "Classic Yagami."

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 17, 2011, 11:46:13 PM »
Ok ten more weeks to the console release guys--we have tons of work to do.  In the next few days I'm going to finish up the elive English translations of the technical reference that I started with Gunsmith then I'll dive back into the wiki stuff.

Should we add the tentative Evo console build changes to each character respectively? 

We need as much help as possible.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 18, 2011, 02:46:59 AM »
Ok ten more weeks to the console release guys--we have tons of work to do.  In the next few days I'm going to finish up the elive English translations of the technical reference that I started with Gunsmith then I'll dive back into the wiki stuff.

Should we add the tentative Evo console build changes to each character respectively? 

We need as much help as possible.

The game is different enough that we'll need to do a new wiki altogether. I'll work on a basic template this weekend and we can figure it out from there.