Author Topic: How to compose a team  (Read 45577 times)

Nunoelectric

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: How to compose a team
« Reply #105 on: March 13, 2012, 05:34:39 AM »
Im just telling what is my main team and why :D

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 15, 2012, 04:31:26 AM »
Im just telling what is my main team and why :D

Don't forget about Ralf's normals especially. I've been effectively locked out of range because his are some of the best in the game.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

entrerix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2012, 12:08:33 AM »
I'm brand new to KoF and am looking at the following characters:

Terry
Shen
Iori Claw
Kyo
Robert

would anyone have any recommendations as to what the best team combinations of them would be, and which should be the three i spend the most time working on?  Like I said, I'm new to KoF, but i've read through all the tutorial pages on this site, and watched the intro to KoF video (which was very well done!), so I have a simplistic understanding of the game mechanics, but not the characters and their movesets. 

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2012, 01:36:01 AM »
I'm brand new to KoF and am looking at the following characters:

Terry
Shen
Iori Claw
Kyo
Robert

would anyone have any recommendations as to what the best team combinations of them would be, and which should be the three i spend the most time working on?  Like I said, I'm new to KoF, but i've read through all the tutorial pages on this site, and watched the intro to KoF video (which was very well done!), so I have a simplistic understanding of the game mechanics, but not the characters and their movesets. 

First off, welcome to DreamCancel enterix. I think I recognize that name from the SRK forums; regardless, thanks for joining us, and hope your loving 13 so far. And I'm guessing the "intro to KoF" was Dandy J's "SF to KoF video," which was excellent, so good start.

I've just barely scratched the surface with Terry and mainly work with other characters now, but I'm going to suggest that characters like Kyo and Robert work as batteries (1st up) cause of their decent meter builds and not having to rely on meter usage so much. EX Iori works in almost any position well as his normals and combos are very good. Terry might be best in the middle. He can do damage pretty well, but a little like Leona, it's best with meter. Shen is usually an anchor when he's on a team, and with good reason. Lots of players who know how to use him and have full meter can end up with ToD HD combos. Shen is pretty much the Ken of this game, so you'll be seeing a lot of him probably.

But from someone who hasn't full embraced team/meter management yet, I will say work on the basics and intermediate stuff for all your characters; make sure you can KO a character with any character. I've seen a few upsets with what looked like "mis-management".
-Terry Bogard, 1995

entrerix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2012, 05:07:47 AM »

First off, welcome to DreamCancel enterix. I think I recognize that name from the SRK forums; regardless, thanks for joining us, and hope your loving 13 so far. And I'm guessing the "intro to KoF" was Dandy J's "SF to KoF video," which was excellent, so good start.

I've just barely scratched the surface with Terry and mainly work with other characters now, but I'm going to suggest that characters like Kyo and Robert work as batteries (1st up) cause of their decent meter builds and not having to rely on meter usage so much. EX Iori works in almost any position well as his normals and combos are very good. Terry might be best in the middle. He can do damage pretty well, but a little like Leona, it's best with meter. Shen is usually an anchor when he's on a team, and with good reason. Lots of players who know how to use him and have full meter can end up with ToD HD combos. Shen is pretty much the Ken of this game, so you'll be seeing a lot of him probably.

But from someone who hasn't full embraced team/meter management yet, I will say work on the basics and intermediate stuff for all your characters; make sure you can KO a character with any character. I've seen a few upsets with what looked like "mis-management".

thanks for the welcome, and yeah i'm from srk (getting bored with AE, SFxT is 2v2 at Evo, so I've decided to pick up KoF13 and see how it strikes me).

I've heard a few times that Shen should be placed on Anchor, I had been considering making my order Shen, Terry, Iori - but now think that might not be ideal placement.  Maybe i'll switch shen out for kyo or robert, or switch shen and iori's positions...

and yeah the vid was dandy J's - it was very very helpful for me coming from street fighter.  My only snk experience is from playing Terry for a couple months in Garou, but this game seems pretty different from Garou so far.

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2012, 07:54:15 AM »
i say you should go with nagi terry and yagami in that order those 3 have more mix up options then the other 2 plus as basic as they are you'll b able to get the hang of the flow of the game

Glenburg89

• New Challenger
  • Future KOF XIII Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2012, 01:53:02 AM »
I got a team question.
If K' and Mai is on team, who is better to put on 1st and 2nd?
So far I know that Mai is amazing on point, but could use the extra meter for more reversal options.
K' is also amazing on point and doesn't need meter to do damage, but the extra meter wouldn't hurt.
Thanks ahead of time.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2012, 02:23:13 AM »
I got a team question.
If K' and Mai is on team, who is better to put on 1st and 2nd?
So far I know that Mai is amazing on point, but could use the extra meter for more reversal options.
K' is also amazing on point and doesn't need meter to do damage, but the extra meter wouldn't hurt.
Thanks ahead of time.

K' on point most of the time Glen. Mai can be great on point with her normals and aerials, but building meter is what K' is famous for, among other things. Mai in the middle won't hurt a bit.

But if you feel like mixing things up from time-to-time, people probably face Mai a lot less than K', so you might have some element of surprise there.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Glenburg89

• New Challenger
  • Future KOF XIII Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2012, 02:29:21 AM »
Thanks a lot, Solid!
K' does make more sense, on point, since he builds meter and is safe from the get go.
Mai comes in 2nd with better reversal and damage options.
Also I agree, They can be alternated from time to time for the element of surprise.

Mankat

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 10, 2012, 12:41:28 AM »
So I was thinking of using Joe on second and Goro on Anchor but I am having trouble figuring out my first character. I know you can make most of the cast work in almost any position but some are better in certain positions. Some of the characters that I like are Kim, Mai, all three DLC characters, Ralf, Hwa, Athena, Yuri, and Kula. Someone please help me on this decision.
King of Fighters 13 team: Yuri/Joe/Daimon

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 10, 2012, 06:12:48 AM »
I'd recommend Kim, EX Kyo, and probaby Yuri for a battery. I see those used a lot for effective batteries. Kim might be stretching it, but once you have a handle on his shorter combos and play smart with him, you'll do fine with him. EX Kyo is lots of ground/rekka connecting and j.CD attacks (maybe throw in the occasional R.E.D. kick since it's rarely used). Yuri's got great projectile, AA, and rushdown tactics, so you can play her anyway you like almost.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Iyokuu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 11, 2012, 12:21:12 AM »
So I've been playing around for about an hour or so with K' as point, Mai on second, and Benimaru as my anchor. I didn't like Benimaru or Mai's moves at first, but I'm starting to get used to them. How does this team sound to you guys? Any suggestions?

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 11, 2012, 02:06:53 AM »
So I've been playing around for about an hour or so with K' as point, Mai on second, and Benimaru as my anchor. I didn't like Benimaru or Mai's moves at first, but I'm starting to get used to them. How does this team sound to you guys? Any suggestions?

I see that kind of team used often, so you picked one proven to work a lot. But also, be careful with this kind of team too, not because it's bad, but because a lot of people might say it's good. I've seen players more experienced than me use K' and Benimaru and play like they don't need to do much to win compared to my mid-level team (Kim/Andy/Ryo). Get the basics down with each character, and play smart. Any character in this game can be dead game if they're not careful.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Iyokuu

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 11, 2012, 06:22:43 PM »
Thanks Shark. I didn't know it was a common team, but I definitely want to use them smart and not in a lazy manner.

Mankat

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 14, 2012, 08:59:17 AM »
So I was thinking of using Joe on second and Goro on Anchor but I am having trouble figuring out my first character. I know you can make most of the cast work in almost any position but some are better in certain positions. Some of the characters that I like are Kim, Mai, all three DLC characters, Ralf, Hwa, Athena, Yuri, and Kula. Someone please help me on this decision.

I know I am quoting my own post but it is reference for help. Anyways, after playing around for a while I came to the conclusion that Daimon may not be the character for me because I can't get the Half Circle moves in combos. So is there someone in the list of characters that I like that could be good in the anchor slot? Also, I know if I practice the motions it will click eventually but I need to start doing some heavy practice from now to EVO and I would probably be spending most of that time practicing the Half circle moves.
King of Fighters 13 team: Yuri/Joe/Daimon