Author Topic: Hi, DC  (Read 3733 times)

Osirun

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • PowerUp
Hi, DC
« on: November 16, 2010, 06:25:32 AM »
My name's Nathan. I got into the tournament scene for fighting games when SFIV released in '09. Played KOF on the side for fun, but would like to learn more about 98:UM and 2k2:UM, and of course I can't wait to try KOFXIII. I run PowerUp, a site dedicated to the Midwest fighting game community with podcasts and an annual event in Cincinnati, Ohio at Arcade Legacy.

I usually hang out on SRK forums, but their KOF section is not very good XD

Came across Dream Cancel awhile back, and will be doing a podcast with nilcam in early December about all things Dream Cancel. Figured I'd better get my account created!

PSN: Osirun

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
Re: Hi, DC
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 03:56:33 PM »
Welcome to the Dream Cancel family!

krazykone123

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »
Sup, I'll be sure to clear my schedule and try to make it out to Power Up 2011.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 10:23:23 PM »
My name's Nathan. I got into the tournament scene for fighting games when SFIV released in '09. Played KOF on the side for fun, but would like to learn more about 98:UM and 2k2:UM, and of course I can't wait to try KOFXIII. I run PowerUp, a site dedicated to the Midwest fighting game community with podcasts and an annual event in Cincinnati, Ohio at Arcade Legacy.

I usually hang out on SRK forums, but their KOF section is not very good XD

Came across Dream Cancel awhile back, and will be doing a podcast with nilcam in early December about all things Dream Cancel. Figured I'd better get my account created!

PSN: Osirun

Welcome to DC, '98UM and 2K2UM are great foundations if you want to learn KOF!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 01:18:19 AM »
Welcome to DC man!!! Hope you find everything you need here, and if you can't, we'll get it for ya... Hearing about the podcast and the scene overall is dope and I can't wait to hear it!!! A buddy of mine who lives in LA is originally from Akron, OH, and he's all about KoF also...

bramza24

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2010, 12:21:31 PM »
Hi DC! Name's RJ I've been playing KOF since 1997 ( i was 11 y. o. then)!
I like playing 98 and 2002UM, Guilty Gear, and  Marvel vs. Capcom...
I'm hoping to be good at KOF XIII for I watch you guys play in AI and watch your videos at Youtube...and it's really cool...you're like gods...
Hope I can learn a lot from you guys...

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2010, 12:42:07 PM »
Hi DC! Name's RJ I've been playing KOF since 1997 ( i was 11 y. o. then)!
I like playing 98 and 2002UM, Guilty Gear, and  Marvel vs. Capcom...
I'm hoping to be good at KOF XIII for I watch you guys play in AI and watch your videos at Youtube...and it's really cool...you're like gods...
Hope I can learn a lot from you guys...

Sup RJ, thanks for the compliments for the AI videos and welcome to the DC family, we'll keep them coming as long as ppl are interested.

SchOfHardKnocks

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hi DC
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2010, 05:45:20 PM »
Hi everyone,
Sorry i forgot my manners. (went ahead to post a burning qn i had without even introducing myself!) LOL.
I am jus a KOF fanatic. Played since 96. Can't really say i am hardcore but i do keep myself updated with the videos and thanks to Kane and The_answer, they really answered a lot of my qn as to how certain things are done.

:)
Happy to be in this forum. Hopefully i can contribute in whatever minute ways i can of help.

Shinra Shiranui

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Hi DC
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 10:25:19 PM »
SchOfHardKnocks,RJ, and Osirun

Welcome to DC, Its always nice to have another member and i hope you guys stick around : )
KOF XIII: EX Kyo,Mai,Saiki

INFINITE LIGHT

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2010, 08:28:04 PM »
What up osirion. I'm in the heart of the midwest i'm in chicago. You actually interviewed my friend J-Money (kelvin) who I visit almost every other day of the week along with his 9 other roommates who play fighting games at high level.

I'm like the roommate that lives there but has enough sense not to live there. lol.

Anyway my gamertag is: xINFINITELIGHTx
my psn is: JustOwnin

We should get together and play kof2002um or kof98um. I'm getting into this game and i want to play somebody.

nogoodguy

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2010, 05:08:11 AM »
Hi i'm logan, iv'e been a HUGE SNK fan for years, i'm still new to the community. I reside in North Carolina, and i look forward to meeting and playing new players.

PSN: i67semajkcir

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2010, 05:40:57 AM »
Hi i'm logan, iv'e been a HUGE SNK fan for years, i'm still new to the community. I reside in North Carolina, and i look forward to meeting and playing new players.

PSN: i67semajkcir

Welcome to DC! Hopefully we'll get to play each other on the console or even better, in person in Evo.