Author Topic: Hi humans  (Read 5385 times)

YoungsterYasakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hi humans
« on: September 03, 2015, 02:14:39 AM »
Hi; I'm a noob and I enjoy playing fighting games such as Smash, SF series, but especially KoF. I'm sort of ok at XIII but I need a lot to work on in '02 UM T_T oh and '98 UM too I guess, but '02 UM and XIII are my priorities.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Re: Hi humans
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 04:56:50 AM »
Welcome to the site!

Get KOF13 for steam, lots of people here play that on Steam next to 02UM and 98UMFE.

"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

YoungsterYasakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 06:05:43 AM »
but then I have to pay for it T_T I'm a bit of a cheapskate (okay, a huge cheapskate lol).

I guess I'll get it when I can. Maybe I can convince a frined to split with me? Gameplay-wise, I enjoy XIII more than '02 UM since everything is easier (and I can use Elisabeth and Ash =D) but who can pass up all these wonderful characters? =3

Wish '02 UM didn't lag tho =( against some people, I lag a lot and idk if it's my internet or theirs...

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 01:57:43 PM »
but then I have to pay for it T_T I'm a bit of a cheapskate (okay, a huge cheapskate lol).

I guess I'll get it when I can. Maybe I can convince a frined to split with me? Gameplay-wise, I enjoy XIII more than '02 UM since everything is easier (and I can use Elisabeth and Ash =D) but who can pass up all these wonderful characters? =3

Wish '02 UM didn't lag tho =( against some people, I lag a lot and idk if it's my internet or theirs...

First of all, welcome. As for the lag in '02 UM, you can set the input delay to a higher number to reduce lag. Just crank it all the way up and work yourself your way down as you see it fit.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2015, 03:13:01 PM »

If you can't afford $20 USD then how do you eat?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/222940/

Also, what is your location? We can probably get you to play KOF02UM on Steam online in your area.

YoungsterYasakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2015, 08:38:13 AM »
Thanks for the advice, TGL =D and des, I live in California. And I'm slightly not motivated to get KoF XIII on Steam since I have it for PS3, so by my troll logic, I already own it...lol...

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2015, 03:33:05 PM »
You should try to get it for Steam too, the netcode is slightly improved on it and we do online events for it if you are interested in playing online.

YoungsterYasakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2015, 12:45:30 AM »
Currently I'm sharing KoF XIII on Steam with a friend~he doesn't go online much so it works out for me that's for sure. Although input feels slightly delayed compared to the PS3 version, or is it my controller? Or my laptop? I don't even know. All I know is that I'm annoyed when I HD Cancel but a HP comes out almost instantly instead of letting me slide forward a bit =/

BodyOrgan

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2015, 05:02:35 PM »
That means you're hitting HP too soon after pressing HD or you're not releasing LK and HP at the same time, so the game is interpreting another immediate HP after the HD.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2015, 10:27:07 AM »
I think Juicebox covered this in that activating HD "late" has this effect instead of immediately going into HD the moment the move connects. Lemme find a vid.

YoungsterYasakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2015, 12:47:23 AM »
Hmm...maybe I'm holding it for too long? I set it for 1 button (L1; used to be L2). I feel like I did it a lot less on the PS3 version, but I haven't played it in a long time so I wouldn't know. I went HP -> HD and instead of sliding forward, another HP came out instantly. Practice makes perfect though I'll bet.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2015, 08:18:50 PM »
Hmm...maybe I'm holding it for too long? I set it for 1 button (L1; used to be L2). I feel like I did it a lot less on the PS3 version, but I haven't played it in a long time so I wouldn't know. I went HP -> HD and instead of sliding forward, another HP came out instantly. Practice makes perfect though I'll bet.

So i just went around in practice mode trying different timings, and it basically comes down to double tapping the a+c. If you just press it once you slide, if you double tap or maybe hold? it comes out as another heavy punch.

YoungsterYasakani

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 02:30:23 AM »
Man it really is strict timing lol I was able to pull off Claw Iori's HD combos back when I was playing on the PS3 but that's been like 2+ years ago D= My friend wasn't kidding when he said the timing was strict, although it feels less strict than previous games. Maybe. Idk.

Hobojim

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2015, 07:04:05 AM »
I think Juicebox covered this in that activating HD "late" has this effect instead of immediately going into HD the moment the move connects. Lemme find a vid.

I had this problem when I was first learning HD combos, and asked Juicebox about it on his stream. It is indeed something that happens when you activate HD late into the hit you're cancelling out of with BC.

The timing isn't that harsh, if you're getting Cl.C automatically out of activation try hitting it a bit earlier and practice the timing. You can likely cancel the move earlier than you think.