Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 351253 times)

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1410 on: May 07, 2016, 11:44:31 AM »
In that new stage, is that orange stuff surrounding the area fire or tree's?

Art of fighting team always had dark moody stages. But maybe it's a nod to Kim's 95 stage. I say it's the villans team stage and that red stuff is fire.

There was also a Midgard'ish stage shown that is to be believed the villains stage.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: May 07, 2016, 11:48:55 PM »

Art of fighting team always had dark moody stages. But maybe it's a nod to Kim's 95 stage. I say it's the villans team stage and that red stuff is fire.

There was also a Midgard'ish stage shown that is to be believed the villains stage.

I've not seen that stage then. The stages seem really well designed, I'm glad theres more of them still to see then what we thought. I guess we just play the waiting game for SNK to update the site.

Choi has a DP with A/C ? What do you think it could be. I know he had DP+B/D for his hienzan in 02, but this is DP+A/C

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: May 08, 2016, 01:24:13 AM »
@shinefist: took me a while but I found it

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: May 08, 2016, 02:35:59 AM »
Ahh, I seen that pic before but I not take notice of the background. And someone said that is the villains stage. Looks like a factory setting with all the pipe work around.

I wasn't really interested in the background when I first seen the pic hehe.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: May 08, 2016, 02:38:42 AM »
Wonder why ^,~

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: May 08, 2016, 02:39:51 AM »
I just came to The conclusion that Lila from Futurama is like Leona ayyy

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: May 08, 2016, 10:24:54 AM »
I think it's tree's. There are some torch fires in the front line, but the rest of orange color in the background is a forest in autumn colors. I guess the main concept for this stage is combine night and light, cold colors and warm colors. Probably real stage in 3D won't have such explosive and satured colors.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: May 08, 2016, 10:45:52 AM »
I think it's tree's. There are some torch fires in the front line, but the rest of orange color in the background is a forest in autumn colors. I guess the main concept for this stage is combine night and light, cold colors and warm colors. Probably real stage in 3D won't have such explosive and satured colors.

The forest on the left is definately burning when you zoom in also I think its a nod to the 95' Korea team stage

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: May 08, 2016, 12:04:03 PM »
I place my bets that it is Villain team stage. While it could be Kim (or Korea) team stage, I think it is more menacing looking, so it fits for Villains, although Choi and Chang are quite goofy. Or maybe they are evil again?

Too bad this week was quiet when it came to news, but let's hope next week is better in that regard.
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: May 08, 2016, 02:03:09 PM »
The quietness was due to golden week in Japan where they have vacation. Here's hoping for more news soon:0

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: May 08, 2016, 02:19:28 PM »
Well SNK started the revamped website on the 25th April which was a Monday. So their is a little hope it could be updated tomorrow.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: May 08, 2016, 03:09:50 PM »
The quietness was due to golden week in Japan where they have vacation. Here's hoping for more news soon:0
I know, I like to lurk other forums too :) Anyways, my weekly dose of KOF XIV hasn't been satisfied, so I hope get double the amount XD

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: May 08, 2016, 03:48:42 PM »
That factory stage...I had never paid attention to such details in the first April 25th trailer before O_O

[spoiler]Let me play a guessing game...(asterisks next to team names mark my personal guesses)

Neo Esaka (AKA the stage everybody hates xD) = Japan Team
Factory = Yagami* (SNK has a thing for giving Yagami and his "buddies" such cold, rough settings, except the harbor in '96, which looks more of a Ken Masters stage than a Iori stage)
Navajoland = Fatal Fury
? = Art Of Fighting (I wanna see the Kyokugen Dojo back...)
Hotel = Kim* (trailers put Kim and Luong there countless times, and I think the hotel fits well with Luong's flirty manners and Gang-Il's playboy attitude)
Village = Villains* (I think it screams '94/'95 Korea stage, and as I said before, Kim Team was assigned to the hotel stage IMO)
Masquerade = Official Invitation
Iguazu = South America
Guanajato = Mexico
Geese Tower = South Town
Great Wall = China
Shanghai = Psycho Soldier* (Chin and Kensou are Chinese, Athena and Kensou are Chin's disciples)
Military base  = Ikari*
Circus = Another World*
Church = K'
? = Women (one could argue the hotel suits this team better than Kim team, but I wish for an outdoor stages on the lines of their '94 London one)
Arena = Antonov
Destroyed arena = last boss (according to the leaks)[/spoiler]

That would leave us with just two stages to wait for, plus the destroyed version of the arena. I think if KOFXIV managed to take team specific stages back into the genre, it'd be a huge achievement.

Besides, if I remember well, it's the first time KOF has a training stage, unless we count the Kyokugen dojo as XIII's training stage. I like it better than any training stage I've ever seen in other fighting games because of the curved squares and the KOF symbols shamelessly put around the room just for the sake of decorating it without any effort.

On another topic, Orochinagi said KOFXIV European release news are coming soon...at long last!!
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 03:53:18 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: May 09, 2016, 05:20:37 AM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: May 09, 2016, 07:09:51 AM »
Kukri is looking good. His movements look so smooth and cool. Can't wait to try him out.