Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343563 times)

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1590 on: May 26, 2016, 11:27:49 PM »

Joe after EX golden heel linked a dA, into sB or so it looked like. Could be a new chain combo, a link combo, or it could be dA, f+B. Joe looks promising in his gameplay and really solid.

This isnt new, Joe could do this in 97. After  s.C, F+b, hcf+A you can run in and go for another combo during the hit animation of hcf+A Golden heel/Tornado. It stunned them that you can run in and add extra hits or even do another combo. Very small window but was possible.  Works with dp+b as well.

I hope hes more like classic joe and not XIII Joe. I really hate XIII

I didn't mean a new combo starter for joe, I meant his dA, sB, it looks like he has a new stand close B, looks like his real bout low kick, that's even if it is that.

Joe is definitely looking more like his fatal fury/95 joe more so then any other version it seems. His tiger kick is not the horizontal moving one from XII/XIII but now like his fatal fury 2/3/95 version minus the flames.

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: May 27, 2016, 02:58:48 AM »
If the hit was red (light) its likely rush.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: May 27, 2016, 03:55:24 AM »
So red hits indicate a Rush combo?

If so, I noticed that the first red hit was a crouching attack. Does that mean Rush combos can be started from a cr.A?

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: May 27, 2016, 04:35:32 AM »
"BURN TO FIGHT"  Premium Edition

http://gematsu.com/2016/05/king-fighters-xiv-north-american-premium-edition-announced
Will have the 144 page Artbook (Just like JP release), 3 disc OST, along with the steelbook case and DLC!

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: May 27, 2016, 04:53:23 AM »
Watched a whole bunch of videos. From the research done, all hitting light attacks are red sparks regardless of Rush.

Yes you have to be standing to start the rush chain. But can you use rush from a far A? I've all ways seen it start from a close A tbh.

Nice, 3 disc ost with over 60 tracks. Wonder if Europe will be getting access to a premium edition.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 04:58:23 AM by shinefist »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: May 27, 2016, 06:06:05 AM »

Hein

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: May 27, 2016, 06:48:13 AM »
Joe started his Rush from a crouching A in that video, it seemed.

Holy shit, Hein? I guess they wanted to show his model before the new build.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: May 27, 2016, 06:57:46 AM »
Hein looks so classy, I wonder will he and King start a new bar/club/restaurant?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: May 27, 2016, 09:09:17 AM »
It's not a rush its a crouch A then a stand B. I'm quite sure. I'll laugh if I'm wrong though.

Arkayruz

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: May 27, 2016, 09:12:20 AM »
I need some Kensou news in my life!

He's not in the new build so you'll probably have to wait for his team's trailer, which will be released like 8 or 9 weeks from now lol.

I've been saying this since almost day one... :(
This kensou absence is just creating expectations about what I would get at the end. And given that he is one of my mains, that's a problem.
He is not as popular as, say, Mai, so the dev team can go experimental on him with no public backslash (I'm looking at you XIII)

Here's hoping he goes back to XI. :(

The Good Loser

• Scion of Flame
  • Ikuzo!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: May 27, 2016, 09:59:38 AM »
Watched a whole bunch of videos. From the research done, all hitting light attacks are red sparks regardless of Rush.

Yes you have to be standing to start the rush chain. But can you use rush from a far A? I've all ways seen it start from a close A tbh.

Nice, 3 disc ost with over 60 tracks. Wonder if Europe will be getting access to a premium edition.
consecutive reds into a super or ender, mostly with normals that look "new" or from old times Are indicators for a rush combo.
The only limitTion I heard of was that it had to be grounded.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: May 27, 2016, 10:15:57 AM »
I think we have afew crossed wires.

You can start a Rush combo with crouch A or B. Example is if Kula could get really close and do 2 crouch B then stand A mash to rush combo. As long as the stand A hits up close you can start the rush.

It will depend on characters light attack speeds

The new cammand list is up in japanese only for now. I posted this earlier but retracted it when i seen in the us language part of the site it hadn't been updated.

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiv/command/
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 10:37:18 AM by shinefist »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: May 27, 2016, 10:39:23 AM »
He is not as popular as, say, Mai, so the dev team can go experimental on him with no public backslash (I'm looking at you XIII)
I think Mai is just popular when it comes to character desing, not gameplay wise *runs away*
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: May 27, 2016, 11:10:16 AM »
I think Mai is just popular when it comes to character desing, not gameplay wise *runs away*
Mai is sure popular, as she is SNK/KOF/Fatal Fury poster girl. You only have to see which characters are used for spin offs or guest cameos in other games: Kyo, Mai, Iori and Terry most of times. The problem is that she is always low-mid so she is not really loved in competitive scene. Also some people seems to hate her because they consider she nothing but 2 giant tits. The funny thing is that many of them love Angel and/or B.Jennet. LOL
I think SNK should feel more proud of Mai and give her more competitive tools and make her more dangerous. But it looks like they prefer to take more care of Kula, Yuri and Vice rather than Mai in gameplay, and that's really sad and why I hate Kula, Yuri and Vice xD

Anyway. I like how Hein looks! :D All his moves are chess pieces LOL
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 11:12:34 AM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: May 27, 2016, 12:20:53 PM »
I'm impressed by the movelists. Alot of characters have very complete set of moves, like Yuri, muimui, Ralf, shun with. Joe has 3 cammand moves even.

Can't wait to see them in action.