Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343466 times)

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #1770 on: June 16, 2016, 06:51:26 PM »
Did anyone notice in the 50 minute pod past, the development team mentions the music that accompanies kukri is orchestral. Does this mean each of the members of the official invitation team have their own sound track much like kof 97's orochi team?

Could be but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only theme since it would go perfectly with their stage.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: June 16, 2016, 06:52:24 PM »
Sylvie's team should be next week iirc, we will finally get to see Mian in action.

Correct.

If anyone wants to see the old order, here it is in spoilers:

[spoiler]
Japan team
Yagami team
Fatal Fury team
Art of Fighting team
Kim team
Villains team
Official Invitation team
South America team
Mexico team
South Town team
China team
Psycho Soldier team
Ikari team
Another World team
K' team
Women Fighters team[/spoiler]

It's been accurate so far so I think it's safe to assume this is the order of reveals.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: June 16, 2016, 06:59:06 PM »
Did anyone notice in the 50 minute pod past, the development team mentions the music that accompanies kukri is orchestral. Does this mean each of the members of the official invitation team have their own sound track much like kof 97's orochi team?

Could be but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the only theme since it would go perfectly with their stage.

That's true I was thinking the same thing.

@marchefelix I'm really looking forward to mian and team mexico

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile

Great_Dark_Hero

• Scion of Flame
  • Lame puns are long gone
    • View Profile
    • Techno Panic Fighting Game Project
« Reply #1774 on: June 17, 2016, 07:38:25 AM »
Xanadu is crazy as hell...

I cannot wait to see what the Official Invitation Team has to offer next!

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: June 17, 2016, 01:29:04 PM »

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #1776 on: June 17, 2016, 03:34:19 PM »
Aww, that's so cute.

Marketing sure is better than in XIII's case, but will it lead to better sales?
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: June 17, 2016, 03:46:21 PM »

As sad as this may sound, the mere fact that it isn't 2D anymore will probably lead to better sales.

On another forum someone mentioned working in retail and seeing first hand how much buyers get turned off by a game being 2D, it's like a stigma.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: June 17, 2016, 04:27:37 PM »
As sad as this may sound, the mere fact that it isn't 2D anymore will probably lead to better sales.

On another forum someone mentioned working in retail and seeing first hand how much buyers get turned off by a game being 2D, it's like a stigma.
Yeah, I remember reading same thing, probably from the same forum too :) Kinda sad when you think about it, but it makes sense, but ever since mid 90's, 3D-graphics have been marketed as "cutting edge" and 2D is thing of the past. Kinda like in movies, where CGI is the next best thing and practical effects are so lame. Although practical effects are slowly making comeback it seems.

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: June 17, 2016, 05:25:00 PM »
From the FG thread:

Originally Posted by vulva

couple kof tidbits that might be old news:

when a char is on wakeup there's a 9f throw invul period, this is to focus more on neutral game as the driving factor. This is also the reason that the game is less aerial based and characters like King don't have their same air specials to the extent of other games.

links still use the hold system from previous kofs and anime like blazblue.

Game is trying to be more accessible on a gameplay level, IE not as long of combos, removal of loops etc.

Supposedly (again, not 100% sure) if there are future dlc characters, they'll be free. Cosmetic DLC will still cost money but characters won't (if there even are any that are coming).

That's about it from what I've picked up here and there from talking with people at the show.

For those who didn't catch the interview with KOFXIV's producer at WNF:

On the netcode:
- He has been looking at the complaints against XIII's console netcode from day one and keeping all of them in mind
- The reception for XIII's Steam version netcode has been positive in general so they are building on top of what they learned there
- They are putting a lot of effort into making the netcode solid day 1 and are prepared to act quickly to fix any issues post launch.
- The 3v3 online party battle mode will have 12 player lobbies.

On DLC (characters, stages, music, costumes etc.):
- They aren't holding anything back for the initial release, we are getting the full game day 1.
- They haven't even started thinking about DLC yet. If they do decide to do some then we will have to wait a while since they will be creating it from scratch.

On Just Defending:
- They spent a lot of time balancing it in such a way that it doesn't disrupt the normal flow of gameplay
- In its initial implementation it had too much impact so they toned it down
- They took both offline competitive play and online play into consideration when balancing it

GarouStar

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: June 17, 2016, 06:46:24 PM »

Yeah, I remember reading same thing, probably from the same forum too :) Kinda sad when you think about it, but it makes sense, but ever since mid 90's, 3D-graphics have been marketed as "cutting edge" and 2D is thing of the past. Kinda like in movies, where CGI is the next best thing and practical effects are so lame. Although practical effects are slowly making comeback it seems.

I disagree with the  aspect of 2D being old or of the past. The current Guilty Gear looks better than the 3D fighters. I think its really lazy for SNK to go 3D for KOF XIV and the excuse as to why, is even worse. On the other hand,  I dont understand how SNK pachinko games have better 3D graphics than KOF XIV.

Does anyone know if any of the characters have been balanced? Desmond said King of Dinosaurs was too slow. Ive also heard  Ryos f+a (?) into maxmode, into combo takes off way too much damage.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: June 17, 2016, 07:35:46 PM »
I disagree too. I really want to see how beautiful 2D-graphics can be made, if budget isn't concern.

While I agree new Guilty Gear looks good, I have few complaints. Everything looks so flat and why the framerate drops, when cinematic close-ups happen?

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: June 17, 2016, 07:48:13 PM »

larger famitsu scans
[spoiler]
and yes does fight with a pillow
[/spoiler]

« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 03:46:11 PM by videoman190 »

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: June 21, 2016, 06:02:48 AM »
Aww, that's so cute.

Honestly, I think SNK is a whole different beast compared to it's former shell that was XIII era.  From marketing, art direction, soundtracks...100% improvement.

Does anyone know if any of the characters have been balanced? Desmond said King of Dinosaurs was too slow. Ive also heard  Ryos f+a (?) into maxmode, into combo takes off way too much damage.

There's definitely been done damage adjusting from the 24 to 36 build.  Ryo's Maxmode is a great example off the top of my head.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 08:12:43 AM by Kane317 »

videoman190

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: June 21, 2016, 02:48:54 PM »
ESRB description of KOFXIV  has passed for the "T" for teen rating!

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/Synopsis.aspx?Certificate=34487

Rating Summary: This is an arcade-style fighting game in which players compete in one-on-one/three-on-three tournament matches to lay claim to the title of King of Fighters. Players punch, kick, and use special abilities (e.g., fireballs, electrical strikes, sand blasts) to drain opponents' life meters. Combat is accompanied by frequent impact sounds, cries of pain, and colorful light effects. Several female characters are depicted in low-cut outfits that display large amounts of cleavage and/or buttocks. Female characters' breasts sometimes jiggle during matches. One female character's special attack depicts her pulling an opponent's face to her breasts. A handful of sequences depict close-up shots of a character smoking a cigar and a character drinking from a sake bottle. Some still-image screens show drunken characters holding glasses of beer. The words “sh*t,” “d*ck,” and “a*shole” appear in the dialogue.

http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10192.html