Author Topic: KOFXIV Announced for 2016  (Read 343680 times)

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIV Announced for 2016
« Reply #2010 on: July 18, 2016, 02:33:52 AM »
Alright, was not expecting most of those characters for the demo. I mean Kyo, Iori, and Mai seem kind of obvious, but King of Dinosaurs and that guest character from P4: Arena? I'm really fucking stoked for this demo now. Though I do cry for no Terry. He's the one character I play every KOF (Blue Mary would be the other one if she was in every KOF *sigh*).

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 18, 2016, 02:39:02 AM »
Awesome story trailer! Also I liked Antonov.

Mai playable on tuesday!! So great news these days... :) HYPE.

You lucky dog, I cannot complain, I'm planning on maning Nelson anyway. Mans gonna rinse these 7 characters dry. Glad we get practice mode and a tutorial, that's a smart move from SNK to get people prepared without getting smashed online.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 02:41:07 AM by shinefist »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 18, 2016, 02:59:57 AM »
I'm wondering how good the story mode will be. SFV's was pretty bad even though they kinda tried to copy the model that Netherrealm has been following (excluding QTEs). It ended up mostly being just characters standing around and talking about pointless crap. I still can't believe they can make a story that long and still barely have any plot to speak of.

Here's hoping for the best.

Custle

• Scion of Flame
  • I have thing for colour purple
    • View Profile
« Reply #2013 on: July 18, 2016, 06:30:30 AM »
Ugh, SFV's story mode... I guess Rashid was the most intresting character.

Anyways, I woke up at 4am, checked the forum and watched the trailer. I surely couldn't sleep after that. Kinda like like the style of CGI, not too different from the style of in-game graphics.

Story has good premise. Nakoruru seems to have bigger role, but we'll see...

Demo has good selection of different playstyles. Looking forward to Sylvie and King of Dinosaurs. I finally play something on my PS4.

Antonov has hard hitting style, just like I expected. He doesn't seem to be douche, which is a good thing.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 06:32:24 AM by Custle »
"Look, game over. Beat it, or I'll boot you into space!"

Want to stalk me on Twitter?

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 18, 2016, 06:43:09 AM »
Didn't expect Antonov to be revealed. He looks great. Like a boss in every sense of the word.

Looking forward to story mode. Seems promising. Demo as well.

I was expecting a KOF Station video since they said there would be another one this month. If not now I wonder when. Maybe San Diego Comic Con? Though I haven't heard of anything regarding that.

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 18, 2016, 07:31:05 AM »
Glad there is a story mode for those interested. Personally I don't care fighting cpu's is boring.

shinefist

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: July 18, 2016, 08:56:25 AM »
I hope Antonov and final boss are tournament balanced. That would be great for the games publicity.

Does anybody now when demo's get released on the PSN? Is there a chance of it coming out tonight, morning, afternoon? I'm not sure the way PSN time schedules things.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: July 18, 2016, 02:21:35 PM »
I hope Antonov and final boss are tournament balanced. That would be great for the games publicity.

Does anybody now when demo's get released on the PSN? Is there a chance of it coming out tonight, morning, afternoon? I'm not sure the way PSN time schedules things.
I think it depends on when PS Store is updated in your country/region. In my case, Tuesdays afternoom around 17h.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Micky Kusanagi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2018 on: July 18, 2016, 02:46:21 PM »
The amount of CG in KOFXIV caught me off guard, I was ready to bet the only CG movies in the game were gonna be Antonov's opening ceremony and the "wounded Shun'ei" scene we saw a still of in that Famitsu article. IMO, CG scenes look better than those seen in the Fatal Fury/KOF pachi things, I wonder who made them...I suspect they were outsourced to some really good 3D artists.

I'm so happy with the demo roster because I had my heart set on a Kyo/Shun'ei/Iori team as soon as I saw Shun in the April 25th trailers, but even better than that, Training mode is included in the demo. Can't wait to hit the lab for countless hours before August 23rd. Before the demo roster was announced, I thought "okay, we'll have the PlayStation Experience roster plus Terry or Mai", but SNK surprised me showing that they wanna push the newcomers as soon as possible, and I like it.

Ah, my KOFXIV team is all but tentative. After seeing some of all the stuff streamed on Twitch, I fully realized there will be countless characters competing to replace Kim in my main team, and this is gonna be the first time I build up a whole sub team or two instead of just randomly replacing Kim with one of the many characters I like.

Also, Garou coming as a PS4/Vita port with online and crossbuy is fantastic.

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/755009727411597312 2nd KOF Station episode coming tomorrow!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:02:35 PM by Micky Kusanagi »
Ore no...kachi da!!

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 18, 2016, 04:53:23 PM »
Alright, was not expecting most of those characters for the demo. I mean Kyo, Iori, and Mai seem kind of obvious, but King of Dinosaurs and that guest character from P4: Arena? I'm really fucking stoked for this demo now. Though I do cry for no Terry. He's the one character I play every KOF (Blue Mary would be the other one if she was in every KOF *sigh*).

Wait there's a guest character from P4? Who is it cause I missed that part completely.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: July 18, 2016, 05:34:43 PM »

Wait there's a guest character from P4? Who is it cause I missed that part completely.
I think he refers to Sylvie.

The selection of these 7 playable characters can be understood. 3 classic characters: Kyo and Iori of course, and Mai as iconic poster girl. 4 newcomers to promote them (there are a lot this time). KOD and Sylvie are Oda's and Ogura's favourites. Nelson to appel latin community, which is very big. Shun'ei to appeal asian community which is very big too and also he's a key character in this new chapter.

I agree Terry should be in the demo. I would remove Nelson and put Terry instead.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 05:39:01 PM by Shiranui_ninja »
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 18, 2016, 05:52:22 PM »

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 18, 2016, 07:00:39 PM »
The demo is available for download at the New Zealand and Australian ps stores.

Light13

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 18, 2016, 10:28:31 PM »
Downloading now been dying to try this.

MMaker

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 18, 2016, 10:40:52 PM »
All the team themes in the demo: