Author Topic: NorCal KOF!  (Read 323437 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: NorCal KOF!
« Reply #1020 on: April 04, 2012, 06:16:31 PM »
If you're doing Ft50 in KOF, you might not be done in time for a possible Sunday ranbat.

I don't know why it has to be Ft50, but it is and they're doing it so it's whatever.

Lethalsilicon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: April 06, 2012, 04:25:40 AM »
Been seeing a lot of people get added to that group that I know. I'm curious, what is this group about and what exactly would you like us to do? I'm all for promoting KOF, but kinda confused on what the purpose is.

hey! here's the current explanation for the group.
Whether you're a pro, noob, old, or in kindergarten, or online warrior, everyone in NorCal is part of the same community. We may have separate groups, venues, and even games, but still like fighting games and we all end up going to the same tournaments and arcades.

SNK, Namco, Capcom, Arc System Works, Smash, Anime games - Whatever you play, share it with everyone!

If there are upcoming fighting events, please post them in the Events section:
http://www.facebook.com/events/create/?gid=416930834999597
for everyone to see!

The group is just a place for everyone in norcal fgc. it's not associated with anything, and its meant to try and allow people who dont know anybody who play a certain game to find someone who does. for example: i play with a bunch of marvel folks, but I want to play more KOF. of course my marvel friends dont care and i dont know anybody else who can teach me. for some ppl its hard to find the correct forum to ask where to play kof, but itd be easier on facebook where they can easily ask and then someone representative from the kof community can inform them of ramnation or something. :) basically, it's to allow players to have an easier time find out about the fighting game of interest's scene

best case scenario is that there is a diverse amount of people from each game community in the group. but thats just wishful thinking. if u hate the idea, give me some feedback on why. thanks for reading!XD
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 04:28:41 AM by Lethalsilicon »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: April 06, 2012, 07:41:57 PM »
No problem. If you're in the city tonight, we're going to be having a training session at Southtown Arcade. Lemme know if you can stop by!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: April 06, 2012, 07:45:08 PM »
Check it out on top of UCI Fridays to see who wins/survives!

I'm pretty sure UCI Ranbats are on hold and instead it's been #TRB (theRunbacks) at SuperDojo now, we just had our second session last night and the hype continues and it was mad fun last night.  Competition is stepping up big time, both combofiend and jwong entered...

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: April 06, 2012, 08:08:01 PM »
Well, that's sad, but understandable considering how big a deal it is to have a tournament in the WNF umbrella. Means Fridays are pretty free except for RAMnation, but that's been postponed for a while too.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: April 06, 2012, 09:05:56 PM »
Well, that's sad, but understandable considering how big a deal it is to have a tournament in the WNF umbrella. Means Fridays are pretty free except for RAMnation, but that's been postponed for a while too.

I agree it is really sad because a) the UCI guys are awesome and put in a lot of effort to setup the venue each and everytime (it's not an arcade remember) b) the venue itself is, geography aside, the most ideal with free rent (as long as there's a "club" from UCI), tons of chairs and table and more if you request c) you can be as loud as you want essentially d) pub downstairs for those who need a break e) super fast internet for streamers (20MB up).

However, it really only catered to the Orange County folks and the LA peeps like Team Chaos never made it out.  Also, although 7pm start time is pretty standard for a weekday, you just can't beat 9pm in a more central location.

Lastly, the lure of Evo seeding points is kinda hard to turn down.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: April 06, 2012, 10:09:43 PM »

I agree it is really sad because a) the UCI guys are awesome and put in a lot of effort to setup the venue each and everytime (it's not an arcade remember) b) the venue itself is, geography aside, the most ideal with free rent (as long as there's a "club" from UCI), tons of chairs and table and more if you request c) you can be as loud as you want essentially d) pub downstairs for those who need a break e) super fast internet for streamers (20MB up).

However, it really only catered to the Orange County folks and the LA peeps like Team Chaos never made it out.  Also, although 7pm start time is pretty standard for a weekday, you just can't beat 9pm in a more central location.

Lastly, the lure of Evo seeding points is kinda hard to turn down.

Seems pretty cushy of a setup. Lot of practice, good access to evo points without having to go really far out, and one of the most exposed streams on the net. I think it's worth the sacrifice for the entire community to get that extra exposure without players being run ragged. Although we won't have events like that up here, we'll definitely be bringing up more events all around, hopefully beefing up the number of attendees with some of the ideas being kicked around.

So far, it's just these practice sessions. I feel like it's gotten some pretty good traction and exposes a lot more arcade life despite being a little draining on the funds. Plus, it's something consistent as well as eye opening. Seeing Jack Burton take down Geovanny easy was pretty epic to watch. Not only that, gives me time to sit down and really help others make progress with what I do know.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: April 08, 2012, 09:53:43 AM »

KOF has biweeklies at gamecenter starting Friday the 13th (I know, that's ironic). I'm gonna try to make it. Lets hope we can all make it and get some serious practice in!.

Lethalsilicon

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: April 16, 2012, 10:43:09 PM »
I had a good time :3

Nice meeting you guys!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: April 17, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »
Okay, this Friday is the return of RAMnation and our Friday training sessions at Southtown. If you can make it to RAMnation, go to RAMnation! Otherwise, come down to Southtown Arcade on 447 Stockton Street in San Francisco to practice up and watch RAMnation on our big screen TV. We'll start up around 7:30, I'll be there around that time.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: April 19, 2012, 01:36:45 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed STA Ranbat 4.1 last weekend, CharRex man, if you only played this game more you'd be up there with Fixel and BBZ in my opinion.  Good stuff!

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: April 24, 2012, 07:52:38 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed STA Ranbat 4.1 last weekend, CharRex man, if you only played this game more you'd be up there with Fixel and BBZ in my opinion.  Good stuff!

Aww I feel special. *Blush*
Undefeated online KOF player.

MDK

• New Challenger
  • The McRib is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: May 03, 2012, 04:20:52 AM »
Sup. Are there any usual places/times to play kof? I'm currently in Fremont and want to get back into fighting games.
"You didn't beat me; v-13 beat me." - nu hater
"Weapon X! It's your only hope!" - some dude circa evo2k4

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: May 03, 2012, 05:25:22 AM »
Sup. Are there any usual places/times to play kof? I'm currently in Fremont and want to get back into fighting games.

Well, Fremont is pretty far out, but if you are in San Francisco, you can stop by Southtown. If you're interested in crossing the San Mateo bridge, you can head out to GameCenter on 47 South B Street in San Mateo.

Wednesdays are tournaments at Milpitas Golfland for KOF XIII as well as other games. Fridays are RAMnation at Tyram's place in Fairfield. Other casual events are in Daly City with Freedomonia in a cafe as well as other casual sessions, but north of the Bay Bridge, I can't really say.

You can find out a lot about what's going down in the Norcal Fighters Facebook group, located here.

Hope to see you soon!

MDK

• New Challenger
  • The McRib is back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: May 03, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »
Whoa thanks! I thought MGL stopped KOF since nobody was going, but I guess I'll check it out next week.
"You didn't beat me; v-13 beat me." - nu hater
"Weapon X! It's your only hope!" - some dude circa evo2k4