Author Topic: Goro Daimon (Arcade Version)  (Read 26104 times)

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Goro Daimon
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2010, 11:16:02 AM »
few questions:

- can tenchigaeshi (hcb,f+A/C) still be shortcut'd by doing  ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a/ ;c ?

- is there any invincibility on EX jiraishin (dp+A/C)? i.e. is it good for reversals?

- kumotsukaminage (hcf+A) used to work on most standing characters in XII (i compiled a list somewhere on the ON forums about who it did and didn't work on). does this still apply?

- does kirikabugaeshi (hcf+C) still have autoguard? i didn't see it mentioned anywhere here (i am known to be pretty blind and i'm infamous for skimming anyway).

most of these i could probably test for myself since i'm now located near an actual machine, though i thought i'd point out some questions to those who might know off hand, for those who don't have access to the game. either way, if i have time to test these this upcoming week, i'll update or post again.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2010, 01:37:59 PM »
few questions:
- can tenchigaeshi (hcb,f+A/C) still be shortcut'd by doing  ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a/ ;c ?

The XII-only shortcut has been removed, weird.

- is there any invincibility on EX jiraishin (dp+A/C)? i.e. is it good for reversals?

It doesn't seem like it, but it is an overhead up close which can be drive cancelled out of.  It is a fast move so, yes.  (Don't forget his Ex bug).

- kumotsukaminage (hcf+A) used to work on most standing characters in XII (i compiled a list somewhere on the ON forums about who it did and didn't work on). does this still apply?

Sure does.

- does kirikabugaeshi (hcf+C) still have autoguard? i didn't see it mentioned anywhere here (i am known to be pretty blind and i'm infamous for skimming anyway).

Nope, took it out.

most of these i could probably test for myself since i'm now located near an actual machine, though i thought i'd point out some questions to those who might know off hand, for those who don't have access to the game. either way, if i have time to test these this upcoming week, i'll update or post again.

Glad you're participating, I hope to see you around AI more often.  Come at nights, that's when most of the regulars show up.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2010, 09:00:19 PM »
thanks for the quick reply. and no more autoguard on kirikabugaeshi? :(

gonna try to get out to AI twice this week.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2010, 02:40:10 AM »
thanks for the quick reply. and no more autoguard on kirikabugaeshi? :(

gonna try to get out to AI twice this week.

OT: Try to leave a note here when you do go.

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2011, 04:46:06 PM »
last time i tried this big guy on training, but beside the normal/standard combos i couldnt come up with anything else (i didnt know the command for the NM back then).
any good vids of a daimon player? i ve never seen anybody using him :(

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

krazykone123

« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2011, 05:43:55 PM »
last time i tried this big guy on training, but beside the normal/standard combos i couldnt come up with anything else (i didnt know the command for the NM back then).

He's used a lot during the Pre-patch KCE videos, EX Jiraishin bug ad infinitum.

I'll look for some vids when I get the time.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2011, 08:03:49 PM »

Nothing really.  When I get him on random there's only couple of things I like to do when messing around with him
a) s.A x2, s.B, hcb~f+P    <---I dunno, that combo is so fun and satisfying to me.
b) Ex command throw hcb~f+AC in the corner into the three df.Cs (first one needs to be low) then hcf+A
c) Mess around with his counter NM
d) his Ex dp+P overhead (close only?)
e) try to get off his s.C, df.C, hcb+B ~ f+C (does qcb+B quickly into hcb~f+C).

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2011, 03:10:54 PM »

It really feels like pure grapplers (Clark/Daimon) don't have much of a place in the new system (Raiden is more of a hybrid so he doesn't really count).
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 03:12:40 PM by Diavle »

fiol

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2011, 02:51:02 AM »

It really feels like pure grapplers (Clark/Daimon) don't have much of a place in the new system (Raiden is more of a hybrid so he doesn't really count).

I know what u mean but, for ex, Clark can get a ,almost, 900 combo (at least it was what i got last time).. but daimon... dunno lol

thx kane!

KOF XIII: billy, ralf, clark
KOF XII: ralf,kyo,ryo

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2011, 04:30:40 PM »
it just means they take some actual skill to use now, which is great imo. ralph was another braindead character and he looks so fun to use in this one. im glad easy mode chang&choi are gone. hopefully we wont see them again (now if they got rid of lizzy as well it would be pretty much perfect).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2011, 04:03:22 AM »
In Nilcam earlier note  Ex  ;fd ;dn ;df could only connect (so far it seems like only dp+K) couldn't you be able to connect 
;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd  ;c and cancel for an Ex  ;fd ;dn ;df and repeat

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2011, 02:06:31 AM »
In Nilcam earlier note  Ex  ;fd ;dn ;df could only connect (so far it seems like only dp+K) couldn't you be able to connect 
;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd  ;c and cancel for an Ex  ;fd ;dn ;df and repeat

You can't cancel hcf+C into anything, the combo ends there.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2011, 04:37:28 PM »
was it the ex  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a ;c that aloowed you to juggle on with 3  ;df ;c's? i guess this isnt possible when you opoonent isnt in the corner? like doing a  ;dn ;db ;bk roll or normal roll or dash into  ;df ;c?

Ash

• Scion of Flame
  • Training Mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2011, 07:15:16 PM »
was it the ex  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;a ;c that aloowed you to juggle on with 3  ;df ;c's? i guess this isnt possible when you opoonent isnt in the corner? like doing a  ;dn ;db ;bk roll or normal roll or dash into  ;df ;c?

Yes, you can juggle after that EX command throw. If it's non corner you can only do 1 df. C. If you try to cancel it to roll they'll already be on the ground. The reason you can do 3 in the corner is because you do them consecutively with no gaps in between.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2011, 07:37:56 PM »
damn, would have been soo sexy if you could do it not being in the corner. like ex throw,  ;df ;c, roll,  ;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;a;bk ;db ;dn ;df ;fd ;c or some shit.