Author Topic: Calling all KOF fans! PSN KOF XII community revival!  (Read 68984 times)

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
  • I want GEESE in KOF XIII!
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all KOF fans! PSN KOF XII community revival!
« Reply #225 on: January 08, 2011, 09:53:30 PM »
We welcome BUNJI to KOF 12 with an ass woopin he will never foget LOL video will b up soon Cheers!!!!!!

Yessir! Welcome the family!

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 08, 2011, 10:00:14 PM »
I was checkin the character discussion boards for Ryo. He gets snubbed out in favor of Robert often times.

Okay...9 outta 10 times.

Why such hatred for a versatile yet unique tool-set besides the practice needed for effective use?

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 09, 2011, 12:23:38 AM »
I was checkin the character discussion boards for Ryo. He gets snubbed out in favor of Robert often times.

Okay...9 outta 10 times.

Why such hatred for a versatile yet unique tool-set besides the practice needed for effective use?

Because Robert is more flash then Ryo and people seem to like the kick variation of the Kyokugen martial arts a lot more then the fist variation.  Plus Robert has a far better fireball that is used effectively for both offense and defense, while Ryo's fireball is more of an offensive tool or a combo part essentially.  Plus the HienShinpakku kick has full distance and puts him to safety if the opponent blocks.  Ryo's triple kick does not put him in safety and is more of a combo move which is harder to spam.

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 09, 2011, 05:40:42 AM »
I had a feeling that ease of use was one of the reasons in comparison. It makes sense in reflection of the Kyokugenryu hierarchy.

Takuma's is the final  mastery form called Shoran I think. Ryo's form is under that, then Robert's form and then the basic form centering on projectile based attacks is Yuri's form.

Well, outside of combo videos and players lookin to use infinite combos, I guess we won't see too many Takuma players especially w/o an anti-air special.

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 09, 2011, 06:30:52 AM »
We're going live online at 12 am EST/11 pm CST for those of you that wanna join the party.

Recommended connection is 20 Mb or higher WIRED! Anything less than that will lag up the place.

"But I play COD BO and SSF IV online no problem and I'm on my neighbors' connection - I'm wireless in my mom's basement - I got wireless but it's high speed and only like 20 feet away". All that means NOTHING.

Again, if you don't have at least a 20 Mb  wired connection, you're setting yourself up for frustration. We have already confirmed this with most of the XII community which is actively growing more and more each day.

Hope to see you all online in about 30 minutes!

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 09, 2011, 06:37:54 AM »
How does this explain my connection then which is only 6 mbps down and 1.5 mbps up?  SNKP games are more distance based then bandwidth based as most fighting games are very low on actual bandwidth consumption.

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 09, 2011, 07:07:27 AM »
I have to say that you're an anomaly, Homie. lol

You're in CA right? I'm on the east coast in VA so I'm not sure if the distance means anything or in your case, why you're to play with a relatively low speed connection. Everyone, except you of course, with speeds lower than 20 Mb and wireless have all been laggy no matter how close they were.

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 09, 2011, 09:21:47 AM »

You're in CA right? I'm on the east coast in VA so I'm not sure if the distance means anything or in your case, why you're to play with a relatively low speed connection. Everyone, except you of course, with speeds lower than 20 Mb and wireless have all been laggy no matter how close they were.

Just wanted to add that anything other than "recommended specs" will be hit or miss...more miss of course. Tonight was a huge miss to the left for all the brave souls who believed in their wireless connections.

It may sound crazy, but so far...I think we're dead on with this one.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 09, 2011, 09:33:18 AM »

Just wanted to add that anything other than "recommended specs" will be hit or miss...more miss of course. Tonight was a huge miss to the left for all the brave souls who believed in their wireless connections.

It may sound crazy, but so far...I think we're dead on with this one.

Yeah wireless really fucking sucks.  But most people have to use it because it's easier then cabling through the house and more convenient.  They forget to properly set their PS3 in DMZ or don't even bother to forward the ports.

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 09, 2011, 10:14:30 AM »
WE STILL ROCKED OUT!!!!!!!
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 10, 2011, 05:13:44 AM »
gg shout outs to da usual crew in KOF XII.

hdcloudstrife08
BestMCfromMASS
PAPI24
ken-chan55
and Bunji101

So, um...yeah, we're playing ranked arcade matches these days. Good for some trophies finally huh? lol

hdcloudstrife08

• Strongest Tiger
  • RAWR!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 10, 2011, 09:25:22 AM »
HADOU....,, um imean KOUKEN!!!!!!
Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!! Radio killed the SNK SHOW!!!!

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 10, 2011, 05:40:41 PM »
I found my copy of the game, I'll be on this week so add me BD_THE_ANSWER
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 10, 2011, 11:34:20 PM »
I found my copy of the game, I'll be on this week so add me BD_THE_ANSWER

Right on...will do!

I'm sure you've seen us mention it several times on this thread about how to get the most outta KOF XII's online play as far as connection requirements. Anything less than 20 Mb and mos def if it ain't a wired connection, then expect to be frustrated a lil bit. Otherwise, it's hit or miss...more miss than hit.

Oh well, it don't hurt to try so let's give a chance at least. I'll add you to the list. The crew welcomes you!

FameDouglas

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 11, 2011, 03:28:14 AM »
Hey wassup DCdotcom? It's ya favorite heavyweight, FameDouglas, letting yall know we go live on KOF XII at 9pm EST. Arcade match - sparring filter (still ranked and gives everyone a chance to earn some trophies).

Warm up for the party...