Author Topic: KOF 2002UM - Jhun Hoon  (Read 10171 times)

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
KOF 2002UM - Jhun Hoon
« on: December 27, 2010, 09:24:59 PM »
Throws:
Handougeki - close, ;bk / ;fd + ;c
Kai Senpuu - close, ;bk / ;fd + ;d

Command Moves:
Soshuu Geki - ;fd + ;a (Hold for Soshuu Stance)
Ryouko Geki - ;fd + ;b (Hold for Ryouko Stance)
Ryuurou Shuu - ;dn + ;b in the air

Special Moves:
Mangetsu Zan  - ;qcb + ;b / ;d (Hold ;b for Ryouko Stance)
Kuu Sajin -  charge ;dn ~ ;up + ;a / ;c (Hold ;a to Soshuu Stance)
Haiki Jin  - ;qcb + ;a / ;c (Hold ;a to Soshuu Stance)

Soshuu Stance - ;dn ;dn + ;a (hold down to maintain stance)
┗ Shuusou Kyaku Joudan -  ;up + ;c
┗ Shuusou Kyaku Gedan - ;c
┗ Taikyoku Ha - ;d
┗ Kirikae Kougeki -  ;bk / ;fd + ;a (Hold for Ryouko Stance)
┗ Kirikae Dousa - ;a (Hold for Ryouko Stance)

Ryouko Stance - ;dn ;dn + ;b (hold to maintain stance)
┗ Hiko Geki - ;up + ;c
┗ Mouko Geki - ;up
┗ Shuuko Geki - ;dn + ;c
┗ Taikyoku Hi - ;d
┗ Kirikae Kougeki - ;bk / ;fd + ;a
┗ Kirikae Dousa - ;a (Hold for Soshuu Stance)

Desperation Moves:
Hou'ou resou Kyaku - ;qcf x 2 + ;b / ;d
Hou'ou Tenbu Kyaku - qcf x 2 + ;b / ;d in the air

Super Desperation Moves:
Hou'ou resou Kyaku - ;qcf x 2 +  ;b + ;d

HSDM:
Zankou Haik Geki - ;qcb x 2 + ;a + ;c
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 10:57:02 PM by desmond_kof »

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF 2002UM - Jhun Hoon
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 06:53:39 AM »
OMG i hate this dude! I'm going to have to learn how to use him. His mix up is serious.

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 04:11:03 AM »
God, this character is Awesome, if you know how to use it, you can really mess up with the mind of your opponent

Waifu Material

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 09:31:48 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEuyE0Lap2M

This video is featured on Jhun's wiki too.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 02:05:37 PM »
┗ Mouko Geki - ;up
Little typo.  Should be  ;c

Jhun's someone who I always thought was stylish and awesome, but I'd never really used him before (aside from testing him out in 99 to see what the new guy was like *laughs* ).  Interested in trying to get into him now, though, so what are some good things with him?  I know both stances can combo C to u+C, qcb+P is good for oki since Jhun recovers while the other character is still in hit/blockstun, and I'd guess he can use BC mode to combo off of his guardbreak like Vanessa (so something like activate BC mode, <stuff to get close>, (A)D, (SC) qcfx2+B/D/BD...maybe can do <stuff>, (A)D, (d)~u+P, (SC) air qcfx2+B/D?), but kind of clueless otherwise.  Rarely see him in match videos, too (though I'm sure there's a lot of him somewhere in DG's videos from mexico that I haven't come across yet because I remember him saying at least one of the guys he plays with mains Jhun), so not much help there.  Any advice at all would be appreciated, but to throw out a few more specific questions:

Is he really dependent on his j.d+B juggles?

Am I asking to get put in a world of hurt if I use qcb+(B) to get close and enter (B) stance?  Seems to be at frame disadvantage on block but pushes back far enough that an immediate (B)D could beat any punishes until the other player is trying to punish the dodge instead of the qcb+K, unless it's something that stays active longer than the dodge.

Does going into stance off of specials cancel any of the recovery time?  In other words, if I do qcb+(B) and release B as soon as I enter stance, does it recover faster than just doing qcb+B (and likewise for qcb+(A) or (d)~u+(A))?

Speaking of the dodge, how punishable is (B)D?  Doesn't seem like you can do much to it aside from throws or something delayed with a lot of active frames (maybe Nameless f+A?).

Anything I can do off of (A)D guardbreak outside of BC mode other than just tacking on a (A)u+C?  With BC mode?

Anything I can connect off of qcb+P outside of BC mode aside from just (A)u+C?  With BC mode?

Some example mixups?

It seems like (A) stance is mostly for zoning ((A)C has damn far reach and both C's have slight detached hitboxes), the (A)D guardbreak, and being able to link qcb+P to (A)u+C.  Anything else (A) stance offers?

Similarly, (B) stance has the dodge, (B)C launcher to set up j.d+B juggles, a retreat with high guardpoint using (B)f/b+A, and knockdown with (B)u+C.  Anything else?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:49:26 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

Dark Geese

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 03:52:24 PM »
As far as anyone here to contact in regards to Jhun- it would be Mr. KOF.

In Mexico, I can contact Luis Cha he mains Jhun and there are a few videos I have of him playing with Jhun in KOF 2000, NeoWave, and 2002 UM:

NW:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vkei-teYg48&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37WI9HS4-WU

KOF 2000:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp8tsIHZ2FM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDSzlhpoutg&feature=related

2002UM:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz_m3wNMKO0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgic9l9jW-4&feature=related

Also if you can wait a month and a half, I will insist Luis Cha get videos at Mexico vs. Peru 2011 of him playing with Jhun in 2002UM..

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 04:22:54 PM »
Thanks for the video links :) .  I'll check them out when I get a chance.

And yeah, I'm not in any huge rush for help.  Just had a lot of questions since I decided pretty much yesterday night that I wanted to start using Jhun, and there wasn't much information on the wiki or in the master class video that I didn't already know.

Answering some of my own questions with some training mode today, in case anyone else wants the answers (everything tested against Nameless):

Am I asking to get put in a world of hurt if I use qcb+(B) to get close and enter (B) stance?  Seems to be at frame disadvantage on block but pushes back far enough that an immediate (B)D could beat any punishes until the other player is trying to punish the dodge instead of the qcb+K, unless it's something that stays active longer than the dodge.
qcb+B is punishable on block, though it probably won't be with a full combo (Nameless's far s.C can just reach as long as he blocks more than one hit).

Does going into stance off of specials cancel any of the recovery time?  In other words, if I do qcb+(B) and release B as soon as I enter stance, does it recover faster than just doing qcb+B (and likewise for qcb+(A) or (d)~u+(A))?
As far as I can tell, holding the button to go into stance and immediately releasing has the same recovery as just doing the special.

Speaking of the dodge, how punishable is (B)D?  Doesn't seem like you can do much to it aside from throws or something delayed with a lot of active frames (maybe Nameless f+A?).
There is a short recovery on the (B)D dodge.  Meaty stuff can definitely punish it.

Anything I can do off of (A)D guardbreak outside of BC mode other than just tacking on a (A)u+C?  With BC mode?
Non-BC options:
(A)D is the easiest, does about 14% damage, and knocks down at about 3/4 full screen
(B)C, (B)u+C is the somewhat harder, does about 18% damage, and knocks down at about 1/4 screen
(B)u+C is middle difficulty, does about 10% damage, and leaves you right next to the other character
(A)u+C is also middle difficulty, does about 10% damage, and leaves both characters standing about sweep distance apart with a slight frame advantage to Jhun.

s.C, f+A_B does around 25% damage and leaves you standing about sweep distance apart, very tight timing on connecting s.C
s.C, qcfx2+B_D/BD for 35%/55% for 1/3 meters
s.C, f+A, qcfx2+B_D/BD is possible, even at midscreen (need a pointblank guardbreak)...only got it once or twice and didn't note the damage precisely, but it was around 40%/60%
(corner only) cr.A, (d)~u+C, (SC) air qcfx2+B_D for about 45% for 2 meters

Anything I can connect off of qcb+P outside of BC mode aside from just (A)u+C?  With BC mode?
Non-BC options:
qcb+(A), (A)C does about 13%
qcb+(A), (A)u+C does about 15%
qcb+A, cr.D does about 18%
(corner only) qcb+(A), (A)C, (A)u+C does about 25%
(corner only) qcb+C, s.C, f+A does about 28% (adding a DM on only connects the first few hits, below option is better if you have meter to burn)
(corner only) qcb+C, s.C, qcfx2+B_D/BD does about 40%/58%
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:11:23 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

Remzi

• Scion of Flame
  • Achieve the impossible~
    • View Profile
    • Pidku Online
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2011, 02:17:14 PM »
(B)C can chain into both 2~8C / (A)8C / (A)6B for slightly more damage than the regular (A)8C, and (A)6(B) puts you into B stance, giving you a fairly good opportunity to catch them on wakeup. 2~8C out of (B)C in corner will do nice damage.

Off of 214A you can do (A)C(B)C for a launch in corner.

Corner BnB = 214(A)C(B)C (A)8C?
MBAA: H-Aoko
MBAC: Hisui & Kohaku
LB2: S-Akari
NGBC: DIO & Kaede
KOFXIII: Yuri / King / DuoLon

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 06:54:44 AM »
I'm bumping this thread because there is a lot of great information for this guy. I think if you fully understand him and his match ups, he can be total monster. The only thing I feel that holds him back is just that he is quite difficult to play with because of his execution learning curve. It's almost like you are playing twister on your arcade stick, lol.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 01:50:29 PM »
The button-holding stuff definitely takes times to get used to, though I'd guess anyone who used negative-edge characters in other fighters (Eddie in GG, Arakune in BB, etc.) would be able to pick it up really quickly.  It's really not THAT bad if you keep using Jhun until you get comfortable with it.

Anyone have tips for how to use him against Heidern and/or Nameless?  Those two are giving me the most trouble (moreso Heidern).
Old man/bad player

Emil_kof

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2015, 09:42:43 AM »
Jhun has a glitch that lets you switch from one stance to another with no delay between...if performed correctly, it will look as if you are performing stance moves from the wrong stance.

If you want to use the C moves between both stances, then when you enter a stance, you should hold ABD. Then, if you want to perform a move from some particular stance, you release the stance button of the OTHER stance, then quickly perform the move. Similarly if you want to use D moves between both stances (not really as useful as C moves), then you hold ABC instead of ABD.

Nobody in the videos posted in this thread is using this glitch. Japanese players like Oogosho used it constantly and it has a big impact on the effectiveness of his play.

Demonstration of this can be seen in pretty much any Oogosho match, like this one from SBO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh8ASY0jbMY

Edit: Also to the above poster...I know that post was made in 2011 but anyway, you shouldn't be having issues with Heidern. Jhun has so many answers to his projectile(like slide under?). Heidern's pokes are good but so are many other character's so I don't know why else you're specifically having issues against Heidern.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 06:22:13 PM by Emil_kof »

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2015, 05:39:15 AM »
Alright, from what I found actually seriously studying the character,

once he gets a knockdown, this dude can lock you down with only a few basic moves and can get solid damage if you don't guess his high low mixups in the corner right! Once you set Jhun's QCB+P, the opponent eats a ton of blockstun, giving Jhun a lot of advantage on block to setup some nasty stuff or go for shenanigans like walk up throw.

His  ;a stance  ;c and  ;up ;c follow ups are + on block, especially the  ;c followup, having the most + frames.

His A stance, from what I've seen and played with, is mostly used when you have an advantage/okizeme situation going on. It can be used in the ground neutral somewhat.

His B stance, however, has great neutral options and big rewards for people who don't respect his ground game or try to jump at him too much! His  ;up ;c followup can be used to stop people from attempting to jump and his  ;c followup catches people not blocking low or running into you recklessly, and leads to a potentially deadly juggle combo!

That's all I have for this dude so far. He is a frightening character once you get the execution needed to play him! He's kinda the Eddie in KOF.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 06:07:23 PM by EXWildWolf »

EXWildWolf

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2015, 09:48:21 PM »
You can punish any of the B Stance moves if he decides to day anything after it. They're -5 to -6 maybe? The reason why you don't see them punished is because of the dodge move (D) and spacing, but you can definitely hit him out of it he tries to do something else. I might have a video up on this in the next coming weeks on how to punish and deal with certain things.