Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 113054 times)

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #495 on: December 25, 2012, 04:14:24 AM »
Ahh, the M$ store tourney... Fiasco is putting it very lightly... I don't even think "cluster fuck" is fitting right now, as even that term is putting it lightly... I'll just leave it at that... Lesson learned and free M$ points to boot, so I can't be too PO'ed... One cat drove from LA to show up, I bet he was mad furious...

I do wanna hit up that Oceanside spot sometime soon...

Quick update, the 28th is still a go!!!

Real talk, we need to revive the MoTW scene... I was hitting up some cats about why that game in general gets some play, then it dies out quick... I know I'm not too heavy in 3S, but it's very similar to the game and it's constantly getting "resurrections" and such (some say in Japan only though, but I come across cats who are still on it, and you have heads like Renic, and Pyrolee (?) who hit the game up and make tuts and stuff... Why can't Garou get that same type of love?!?!?! The game is stupid easy to get into, easier than 3S, KOF (any of 'em), Divekick, and any other game that has some learning curve (or none)... Iunno... I still play the game, and think its worth the hype... Have you guys ever played the game, and if so, what were your thoughts/feelings about it???

I'm still pushing that KOFXIII though, just sayin'... XD

Merry Christmas eve, Merry Christmas, and to you non-celebrants, Have a nice day!!! lol

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 26, 2012, 10:11:43 AM »
Merry Christmas everyone!

Jinx, I invited the Dustloop crew over if that is ok with you. I'm sure they'd be interested in playing BB, GG, and Melty.

Also, I know I visited your place once, but I didn't write down your address. Could you PM or text me with it? See you on the 28th man!

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 26, 2012, 06:01:42 PM »
Merry Christmas everyone!

Jinx, I invited the Dustloop crew over if that is ok with you. I'm sure they'd be interested in playing BB, GG, and Melty.

Also, I know I visited your place once, but I didn't write down your address. Could you PM or text me with it? See you on the 28th man!

No prob man!!! I'm a welcoming cat... If you guys want, bring setups and such... Outside of my 2 tvs, I have a spare 3rd and some surge protectors or whatnot... Oh yeah, check ur pm plz...

I only have 1 ps3 stick (it's dual modded), so if you need sticks, you guys gotta bring 'em...

Other than that, all systems are a go!!!

Oh, I'm still trying to record, so if you guys have another MB setup, bring that plz... My usbs are still acting funny, and I've yet to open up my machine (I'll do it eventually)...

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: December 27, 2012, 09:35:27 PM »
Btw, when should I show up? I didn't see a specific start time posted. Also, when will everyone have to clear out?

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 28, 2012, 03:37:14 AM »
Ahh, the M$ store tourney... Fiasco is putting it very lightly... I don't even think "cluster fuck" is fitting right now, as even that term is putting it lightly... I'll just leave it at that... Lesson learned and free M$ points to boot, so I can't be too PO'ed... One cat drove from LA to show up, I bet he was mad furious...

Real talk, we need to revive the MoTW scene... I was hitting up some cats about why that game in general gets some play, then it dies out quick... I know I'm not too heavy in 3S, but it's very similar to the game and it's constantly getting "resurrections" and such (some say in Japan only though, but I come across cats who are still on it, and you have heads like Renic, and Pyrolee (?) who hit the game up and make tuts and stuff... Why can't Garou get that same type of love?!?!?! The game is stupid easy to get into, easier than 3S, KOF (any of 'em), Divekick, and any other game that has some learning curve (or none)... Iunno... I still play the game, and think its worth the hype... Have you guys ever played the game, and if so, what were your thoughts/feelings about it???

Merry Christmas eve, Merry Christmas, and to you non-celebrants, Have a nice day!!! lol

They should be doing another tournament in oceanside next weekend. Are you going to be free? next weekend? If so you should hit it up with us man.

As for garou.
I use to play it sometimes back in my kalliera/ggpo whatever days when I would play pretty much anything. I use to like it but never really got good at it much like all the other games I just played randomly. I used to use rock howard and terry. I've seen it on xbla and sorta want to grab it but I know I won't put that much time into it. I dunno about playing it enough to start a revival of a scene for it tho but yea I'll be down to play it occasionally when I need a break from kof13.

I also grabbed that vf5:fs on xbla arcade jinx. I havent had time to get in and learn what changes they made to brad since the last time I played it at CO it seemed like they changed his clinch moves(that or I just forgot them)

In training mode for kof13 trying to get mr karate down. Some of his stuff is harder to time and do than takuma but damn I think he might be a lot more versatile and have a few more options.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 28, 2012, 10:00:41 PM »

They should be doing another tournament in oceanside next weekend. Are you going to be free? next weekend? If so you should hit it up with us man.

As for garou.
I use to play it sometimes back in my kalliera/ggpo whatever days when I would play pretty much anything. I use to like it but never really got good at it much like all the other games I just played randomly. I used to use rock howard and terry. I've seen it on xbla and sorta want to grab it but I know I won't put that much time into it. I dunno about playing it enough to start a revival of a scene for it tho but yea I'll be down to play it occasionally when I need a break from kof13.

I also grabbed that vf5:fs on xbla arcade jinx. I havent had time to get in and learn what changes they made to brad since the last time I played it at CO it seemed like they changed his clinch moves(that or I just forgot them)

In training mode for kof13 trying to get mr karate down. Some of his stuff is harder to time and do than takuma but damn I think he might be a lot more versatile and have a few more options.

Cool man, I'll at least have MoTW ready for some casuals at least... It would be nice for cats to get on the game, as it's very easy to get into...

I definitely don't mind helping you learn Brad... I know enough to win matches, but I do know the changes/new moves and other stuff that makes him great... Truth be told, other than Vanessa and Pai, Brad can give me a hard time, so I'm gonna be expecting that once you have him down pact...

I'm currently working on guard break strings, other uses for HD mode, and combos that lead into setups... I wish Kensou had at least his dash punch from 98, but I'm still feeling like he's so underrated... Oh yeah, I'm liking Kim this time around... I've hated him for so long, but I do like this one... I wish he had is stomp though...

If you guys are down for 02UM or 98UM matches, I'll set those up also...

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 28, 2012, 10:40:04 PM »
I'm down for some MOTW tonight. I've always enjoyed that game, but I haven't played in a veeeeeery long time. Still have my Dreamcast copy and everything.
PSN: jasemac

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 29, 2012, 11:04:14 AM »
Hey guys, just wanted to say that tonight was really fun, thanks for holding a session Jinx. It felt just like old times.

I hadn't played Garou in years, but it was pretty fun picking it up again. I think I might play it for shits and giggles from time to time. Might reinstall GGPO so I can play.

Hope you guys had a good time after I left. See you all at oceanside fight club next Saturday!

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: December 30, 2012, 12:35:37 AM »
Yeah good shit yesterday y'all. Next time I'll play more KOF lol. It's just that  I've been on a Guilty Gear binge since the re-release, because I miss that game :((((
PSN: jasemac

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 31, 2012, 02:51:05 AM »
Yeah good shit yesterday y'all. Next time I'll play more KOF lol. It's just that  I've been on a Guilty Gear binge since the re-release, because I miss that game :((((

You gotta start helping cats like myself get up to speed on AC+... I'm trying to relearn Testament and Axl, but I have this thing for wanting to learn Anji, and he's fun... I like the timing of his FRC moves... That, and double Shitsu rushdown is too dope (I've kinda got it down)...

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 02, 2013, 10:03:26 AM »
Hey Jinx, just wanted to check in and make sure, you are having a session this Friday right? I don't know if you remember him, but my buddy Glod just moved back to SD and was interested in going.

Also, I know people were planning to go to oceanside fight club this Saturday, but is anyone interested in going to that Saltmines thing instead? Apparently they have having their grand reopening event or something this Saturday.

https://www.facebook.com/events/119886724844215/

I figured this might be a cool thing to try since I know Jinx couldn't make it to oceanside fight club last time because it was a bit of a drive. Let me know whats up, I'll be back down on Saturday either way, just need to know which place to go to.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 02, 2013, 12:22:00 PM »
Thing is, it would only be casuals if we went to salt mines since they wont run a kof13 tournament unless we could get at least 8 people for sure willing to enter.

But I'd be down for either saltmines or oceanside again(if I can get another ride from jason haha)

Wallace does your friend play kof13 also?

Edit- Looking at the invited and going list on the facebook page for the saltmines event looks like oceanside fight club folks are going to that. So I doubt there is going to be anything going on in oceanside. Works for me since it is much closer. Not sure if we could get 8 players for a bracket but should get some decent casual sessions in.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 02:00:43 PM by Rhythmaxed »

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 03, 2013, 04:30:51 PM »
There's no session this Friday sadly, but I do plan on having on the following Friday the 11th... Sorry for the delay...

I'd be down for hitting up either Saltmines or the Oceanside Fight Club... Either or is fine with me since I'm not pressed with time...

I'm definitely down for re-learning move GGAC+ next time though... I feel more confident with Axl to test him out, and I'm still putting work in with Anji and Testament to some degree...

Real quick, I know some of you cats mentioned wanting to learn VF to some extent, and either put it on the backburner or just flat out said nevermind to it... I'm still willing to help you guys understand the game, and though it may seem overwhelming, it's not... I would like to know what made you guys change your mind about the game though... Wallice, I know we talked a bit about it last session, but I never got the chance to truly see you in action with the game... Let's try a few matches or whatnot...

Also, for what it's worth, despite not having TTT2 yet I can still help out with understanding the game, or a specific character per sé (anyone T6 and before sadly)... I'll probably work on getting the game this or next week--- we'll see...

On a side note, I do appreciate the brief character breakdown on Shen, C.Iori, and even Maxima... I gotta analyze my game and see where my flaws are with my team/gameplay... Speaking of which, I haven't had time to upload anything yet, but I will do that most likely this weekend...

Also, props to all the MBCC matches who actually played... I wished Roa actually got matches in, I saw him practicing, but I guess he really wanted to do P4A or BB...

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 03, 2013, 07:09:32 PM »
Yea doesn't look like oceanside fight club will be happening since it seems a bunch of them are going to the saltmines. There is suppose to be some sort of 5 v 5 ofc vs south sd money match for sf4ae at saltmines so I guess everything will be going down then.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 04, 2013, 12:46:09 AM »
Wassup with the other games???