Author Topic: San Diego CA  (Read 113057 times)

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: San Diego CA
« Reply #555 on: February 08, 2013, 12:18:04 AM »
So salt mines this time friday? what time is everyone going and when do they open up?

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 08, 2013, 11:05:26 PM »
So I'm not gonna be able to make it down tonight. Have fun at Salt Mines though. Are you guys gonna just start meeting up there regularly?

@Jinx This is a bit late in responding, but my best (and only) combo with kouma in MB is to combo into A rekka -> B rekka JC j.a j.a j.a (jumping) B rekka (jumping B rekka). The last hit slams them down but is a bounce tech and usually pushes them into the corner or close to it. It does 3500 damage or so. I usually follow up with cr.c which will knock do hard knock down if they don't tech in time or do tech and forget to block low. If they are in the corner and don't tech at all, I can do DP super which adds like 1100 damage or so.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #557 on: February 09, 2013, 11:27:06 PM »
@Mild Wallice (lol): I've gotta write out the combo I did with C-Kouma, but I think it does more, but doesn't give oki... I think I like that combo you wrote down more, though I personally prefer F-Kouma for better rekkas...

GGs to those who showed up at Saltmines!!! I definitely plan on doing more of that, but that doesn't mean Casa no Jinx is going outta business lol...

EDIT 4 Wallice: Try this out with C-Kouma:

2A, 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 2C, 6C (bounce), 2B, 236C, jc. jA, jC, jc. jA, jC, air throw

That there does around 3610 and you can do more if you replace the throw with either the air rekkas or even the super...

He's got some shenanigans I think I'm starting to see, but I'm still testing him out... Txt me if you're down for netplay matches or whatever...

I just found another stronger combo that doens't even need meter:

2A, 2A, 5B, 2B, 5C, 2C, 236A, 236C, 236C, jc. jA, jC, jc, jA, jC, air throw

That does something around 4200-ish... Sometimes if you time the rekkas right, you can get that second 236C to grab, and then the opponent will do a bounce more likely to the corner, where you want them to be anyway... I'm trying to see what can be done after that, but I'm just thinking oki is the only thing available...

Oh yeah on that first jc, you'll be crossed up, so you gotta jump the other way. That can actually play in your favor though, especially if you're either closer to the corner (you'll swap outta there), or from midscreen, you have a chance to push the opponent to the corner with your combo...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 11:35:08 PM by jinxhand »

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 13, 2013, 01:13:18 AM »
So saltmines or jinx's this friday? Any other planned meetups other days of the week?

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 15, 2013, 12:57:25 AM »
I'll probably be doing Saltmines again, primarily for AH3, and JJBA or any other game training for those who want it... If anyone wants me to bring my 360 for Battle Fantasia, NGBC, or JJBA, lemme know, otherwise I might not bring it with my ps3... I'm also down for older KOFs, too, which are on my 360, so lemme know wassup...

Maybe next week, I'll open up the dojo, especially since the weather's looking a bit nicer lately...

@Rythmaxed & others interested: check this out:

http://www.twitch.tv/eg_jwong/b/363784044

It's Justin Wong getting some help from LA Akira. LA Akira gives out some really helpful info without it being over the top.

@HumptyHump & others interested: If you wanna learn JJBA, this site has some good info for the majority of the characters. Just remember that PetShop is banned...

@Wallice, how'd that combo work for ya??? I came across some others watching something on MeltyBread, but I didn't have the time to post it just yet... Maybe sometime later I'll post it...

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 15, 2013, 05:57:35 AM »
So are you guys going to Saltmines tomorrow? I was gonna come down but my car blew up so I need to depend on a friend for a ride. If you guys are showing up to Saltmines he says he wants to come. Please reply asap so I can tell him whether or not to go.

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 15, 2013, 07:31:24 AM »
I wont be making it to any sessions tomorrow y'all. I'm going to my sister's wedding.
PSN: jasemac

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 15, 2013, 07:58:47 PM »
So are you guys going to Saltmines tomorrow? I was gonna come down but my car blew up so I need to depend on a friend for a ride. If you guys are showing up to Saltmines he says he wants to come. Please reply asap so I can tell him whether or not to go.

I might be there it really depends tho.

I wont be making it to any sessions tomorrow y'all. I'm going to my sister's wedding.

Have fun and congrats to your sister :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 10:20:47 PM by Rhythmaxed »

DooDaHumptyHump

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • stream
« Reply #563 on: February 15, 2013, 11:34:21 PM »
If you guys plan on making it out to the Saltmines, I'll try to make it out too since I live so close to it.  It's just that I haven't had any time to practice this whole week because of school, and I really wanted to learn some AH3 and JJBA before going to the Saltmines today. :(
PSN: DooDaHumptyHump
stream: www.twitch.tv/doodahumptyhump

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 16, 2013, 01:48:27 AM »
I'll be going... I'll just bring my xbox and we can do ah3 on another system... If any of you cats do want me to bring my ps3, gimme a holler...

EDIT: Seems pretty bleak right now... I'm in alot of pain and on meds right now... I'll be on psn at least :-(
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 02:58:59 AM by jinxhand »

DooDaHumptyHump

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • stream
« Reply #565 on: February 17, 2013, 03:50:37 AM »
@Jinxhand: damn, I hope you can get better soon :(

@Wallice: Thanks for all the games last night.  I feel that I am slowly getting better, I just wish I could play this game more often with more people.  The good thing is that I could probably develop the fundamental skills I lack and break my bad habits by playing any game, not just KOF13.
PSN: DooDaHumptyHump
stream: www.twitch.tv/doodahumptyhump

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 17, 2013, 08:27:30 PM »
What did I miss???

I'm actually feeling a bit better now, still some slight pain, but its bearable...

@HumptyHump - I added you on PSN... Hit me up, I have AH3, KOF95, VF5FS, SG, GG, and P4U...

Who here actually hits up GGPO/Arclive/Supercade??? We should get some KOF, FHD, JJBA, or Garou in sometime...

Hopefully KOFXIII gets good netcode and lobby support for their PC port...

Mild Wallace

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 18, 2013, 12:51:39 AM »
@Jinxhand Thanks for the heads up by text on Friday about not coming. I had already been driven down by my friend though. I hope you feel better soon.

@DooDaHumptyHump Good games. You definitely are getting better, just slowly. The most important thing though is that you're learning as you play. When I started playing Ex Iori on Friday it was clear that at first you didn't know what to do, but by the end of the evening I had to actually work hard to make sure he didn't die, and our last few games you just bopped him immediately. More than game knowledge, the ability to adapt like that is a far more valuable skill. I think the best thing you could do is play more 13, but we'll probably have to wait until 13's rumored steam release before we can see whether or not that would be feasible.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 18, 2013, 09:43:48 PM »
What did I miss???

I'm actually feeling a bit better now, still some slight pain, but its bearable...

@HumptyHump - I added you on PSN... Hit me up, I have AH3, KOF95, VF5FS, SG, GG, and P4U...

Who here actually hits up GGPO/Arclive/Supercade??? We should get some KOF, FHD, JJBA, or Garou in sometime...

Hopefully KOFXIII gets good netcode and lobby support for their PC port...

Yea I have been going on ggpo a bit more. It randomly seems to work better for now. Most of the time I am playing sfalpha 2 or 3 or vampire hunter tho.

jjsmack

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 21, 2013, 11:42:10 AM »
Funny that you guys mention ggpo. I've been playing on there a lot lately. Mostly Alpha 3 and Breakers Revenge. What you mofos know about some Breakers!?!?!?!
PSN: jasemac