Author Topic: KOFXIII Not in Official Evo Line Up  (Read 19503 times)

Giby

• Strongest Tiger
  • Man Chest
    • View Profile
    • snk-capcom dot com
KOFXIII Not in Official Evo Line Up
« on: January 27, 2011, 06:07:04 AM »
I'm sure this news doesn't surprise anyone, but I've been trying to get the game into Evo for the past 3-4 months. Everything Wizard asked me we tried to get done, but SNKP was being very distant. They were warming up to the idea at first, but for some strange reason they stopped around late Dec/early Jan. I've had backing from several players in the scene with this, but again, none of that mattered since SNKP didn't seem to want to do anything about this. So I'll say this again, since some people aren't all too bright: Don't bash, or hate the Evo staff for excluding SNK games, Wizard wanted it in, he tried to get something from SNKP, but obviously he didn't hear anything from them. All we can do now is support XIII by holding tourneys for it at majors, and keep trying to get new people to play so we can build some momentum before Evo.

Since we know this is over, I've been planning on a side tourney since last year, Noc The Answer and I pretty much decided one if not all of us would do it when we were on our way home from Evo. It will be on PS3, and it has a possibility of making it on the main stage for the finals, as long as it gets enough people to enter. So if you plan on attending Evo, be sure to keep an eye out for the tourney. I will be making a thread about it on multiple forums trying to get people to sign up. I would like to get people to sign up online somehow to make things run smoother, so we'll see how that goes.

*edit - all this rides on whether or not SNKP stills plans on releasing the game in the next few months. I don't want to lug taito boards to Evo :/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2011, 09:32:13 PM by Giby »

krazykone123

Re: KOFXIII Not in Official Evo Line Up
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2011, 06:50:28 AM »
Thanks Giby, really appreciate all the work you and Wiz are puttin' in.

I hope we're not boned as far as it goes for a console release in the next few months because that's my main driving force for going to EVO this year (and maybe AH3/2002UM). Welp time to start passing info around some game publishing/localising forums like Atlus. 

:/

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 07:09:04 AM »
Wow that really sucks, we appreciate your efforts on putting this game on the line up. Do you have to get a permission from SNKP?

Nikolai VolKOF

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »
I'll be there and for sure will play 98 2002 and 13

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 10:55:01 AM »
This is a confirmation that playmore will not release kof 13 on consoles anytime soon.pffff

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2011, 09:52:48 PM »
Expected really since the vast majority of people don't have access to it and there has been zero word of a console port.

Even if it does get ported in time there is still not enough time for ppl to get good at it to have a decent turnout/showing.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 10:18:34 PM »
which is funny considering than friggin MK3 will be there, the game will be played at 2 months of being released?

But yeah, I don't know why I had the theory than SNKP didn't wanted to show the game fearing all the backlash that will be there with all the dropkick festival present

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 10:20:08 PM »
which is funny considering than friggin MK3 will be there, the game will be played at 2 months of being released?

But yeah, I don't know why I had the theory than SNKP didn't wanted to show the game fearing all the backlash that will be there with all the dropkick festival present
it's actually MK9 bro.......

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2011, 10:24:17 PM »
lol, I mixed mk9 with mvc3, fucking m!

Waifu Material

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 10:25:26 PM »
Expected really since the vast majority of people don't have access to it and there has been zero word of a console port.

Even if it does get ported in time there is still not enough time for ppl to get good at it to have a decent turnout/showing.

Good point, by the time EVO comes (07/29-07/31) there would be people with 1 year of experience facing people with 0-a few weeks of experience.

Would this be fair? Should we consider rescheduling for next year?
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 10:32:48 PM »
although i hate fighting game tournaments  i am rooting for KoF XIII to be in evo  for now i just want snkp to take there time with the game

and something tells me MK is only there for the lulz

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2011, 10:39:39 PM »
If 2k2UM is a way to prepare for XIII, then it really shouldn't be too bad... Granted, there might not be much in terms of max damage combos, or other things that pertain to XIII strictly, but the fundamentals should be substantial to compete at a close-to-high (if not high) level...

Plus, there's tons of info on this game already, from combo vids, and the wiki, and threads with people breaking things down... I'm not saying that all of that doesn't beat actually playing the game to see how things work, but they should be stepping stones...

THE ANSWER

• Legendary Wolf
  • I AM THE ANSWER
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2011, 11:09:14 PM »
If 2k2UM is a way to prepare for XIII, then it really shouldn't be too bad... Granted, there might not be much in terms of max damage combos, or other things that pertain to XIII strictly, but the fundamentals should be substantial to compete at a close-to-high (if not high) level...

Plus, there's tons of info on this game already, from combo vids, and the wiki, and threads with people breaking things down... I'm not saying that all of that doesn't beat actually playing the game to see how things work, but they should be stepping stones...

2k2UM or XII does NOT help in any way to prepare you for XIII other than the fundamentals if that.

Knowing KOF fundamentals will not help you compete on high level matchs, I think that an average US player can read every single wiki, guide, post, strategy, and watch tons of match vids but unless they have a minimum of 3-6 months of ACTUAL GOOD QUALITY game play, they wont be able to beat the weakest of the weakest AI player at EVO.
@theanswerkof
twitch.tv/theanswerkof

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2011, 11:12:27 PM »
And that is the reason why there are so many more stream players watching than actually playing. Reading and looking up all the info is pretty much worthless if you don't show up and play and test things out for yourself.

Because remember, one thing that wikis, guides and videos do not tell you is how to play the character you choose with the way you play the game.

krazykone123

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011, 11:16:09 PM »
I'll be there and for sure will play 98 2002 and 13

Word? Hell I should go just for some good sets in 2002UM.

Good point, by the time EVO comes (07/29-07/31) there would be people with 1 year of experience facing people with 0-a few weeks of experience.

Would this be fair? Should we consider rescheduling for next year?

If there's no console release by early April (unlikely) then we might as well settle for a side tourney, it's better than nothing I guess. The problem is if there's no console release by EVO (or anywhere within a 2~3 month radius) would yall still be cool bringing a Taito board all the way up there if yall could?

:/