Author Topic: Any idea to what SNKP is planning to release for Sony(NGP)  (Read 5680 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Any idea to what SNKP is planning to release for Sony(NGP)
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 03:22:32 PM »
I don't like the xbox dpad

In the other hand, I think that the stick is the best for fighting games ever

Waifu Material

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2011, 10:13:39 PM »
That's because SNKP is not like the other companies

Im impressed that at this point, lots of fans doesn't realize than SNKP is an incredible small company, the fact that they still managed to release XII and XIII still blows my mind, at some point KOF XII producer explained how all the compilations (And the DS semi hentai game lol) were necessary to produce games like KOF XII and XIII, because those games had an small cost, and still generate revenue because SNK hardcore fans are very loyal to the company (and lol, lots of times I bought them because I played them free always, so it's like, ''well, now I had the game legally, so, big deal)

Expecting than SNKP release another franchise than isn't KOF at this point is very delusional (hell, at this point we entered to territory that maybe expecting another KOF is delusional)

At this point the only hope than SNKP has to release something new is to expect to had a game that got some revenue, in theory XIII should be that game, but we don't know where's the company now

I know all that and, like you, have defended them for years but I'm sick and tired of sticking up for them for what looks like nothing in return. Old games are old, played them all to death already.

XIII with great online (as its useless without it) is all the hope I have left with them.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2011, 11:59:48 PM »
This is off topics but, it is interesting
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-fc-49-en-70-3w1q.html

They've had a slight update, kof xiii will be released (or whatever it's called) by Ignition Entertainment and release date for us, jap and asian versions are "tba". This may ofcourse be bull, but it all feels a bit closer now.

NGP does make me think "neo geo pocket" so i think snkp should capitalize just because that one is free :p

Louiscipher2501

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 02:13:17 AM »
I'm thinking they're going to release the console port around the 3rd quarter. They're releasing it around the major fighting game releases, which is smart. If they released it now against MVC3 and MK9, they probably would have to declare bankruptcy.

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 09:29:48 PM »
I don't like the xbox dpad

In the other hand, I think that the stick is the best for fighting games ever

360 D-Pad sucks. Sony's does too but its a lesser of two evils. Saturn D-Pad > All. But yes, sticks are the best.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2011, 06:31:00 PM »
That's because SNKP is not like the other companies

Im impressed that at this point, lots of fans doesn't realize than SNKP is an incredible small company, the fact that they still managed to release XII and XIII still blows my mind, at some point KOF XII producer explained how all the compilations (And the DS semi hentai game lol) were necessary to produce games like KOF XII and XIII, because those games had an small cost, and still generate revenue because SNK hardcore fans are very loyal to the company (and lol, lots of times I bought them because I played them free always, so it's like, ''well, now I had the game legally, so, big deal)

Expecting than SNKP release another franchise than isn't KOF at this point is very delusional (hell, at this point we entered to territory that maybe expecting another KOF is delusional)

At this point the only hope than SNKP has to release something new is to expect to had a game that got some revenue, in theory XIII should be that game, but we don't know where's the company now

I know all that and, like you, have defended them for years but I'm sick and tired of sticking up for them for what looks like nothing in return. Old games are old, played them all to death already.

XIII with great online (as its useless without it) is all the hope I have left with them.

yeah, I understand and I'm with you in those point

Still, I had an slightly hope for SNK, I still want to see some old games released with proper netcode support (SS6, RB2, KOF XI) and wishing than one day the HNG64 games will be emulated

Waifu Material