Author Topic: Fight Sticks?  (Read 95765 times)

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Fight Sticks?
« Reply #120 on: July 13, 2011, 01:58:26 AM »
Yeah, the most annoying thing about the Mad Catz sticks is that they use Viewlix layout instead of Astro City.

I wonder if I could pull the buttons out, slap some Bondo into the holes, and drill new ones?  I'll need a pretty big drill bit.

It's only really worthwhile to Bondo if you reinforce the backing. Otherwise it'll probably just crack or crumble from wear and tear. Have you thought of just ordering a custom plate? You could check out Art's Hobbies for that. I'm pretty sure they have a plate template for Astro City. I also like the Astro City layout myself.

I had problems playing with it, I had been really used to play with a 360 d-pad, so it will took some time practicing, also the buttons are very snesible imo

Yeah, if you're not used to playing on a stick (or even JP parts), I can understand how everything might feel pretty sensitive. Personally, I like Seimitsu parts over Sanwa parts in my sticks simply because Sanwa parts generally feel too sensitive to me. I feel like they could activate even if I breathed on them lol
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 02:00:59 AM by FataCon »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2011, 01:19:44 PM »
I bought the hori VX PRO

I will upload pics later.

I had problems playing with it, I had been really used to play with a 360 d-pad, so it will took some time practicing, also the buttons are very snesible imo

The buttons might seem weird first days.Before i played on sanwa i used to have a cheap stick and to make the buttons work you had to push all the way down.With sanwa with only a gentile touch it takes the command (i would compare this with wearing a pair of heavy boots in the winter and in spring when you take a lighter pair of shoes you can barely walk like a normal man LOL).Just give it a week and you will see improvements.Sanwa are very durable - i still have the first set of buttons on my TE stick and they work like day 1 and i mashed them like crazy LOL.have fun with your new stick :) and practice every day
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 01:21:36 PM by KBlackNoah »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2011, 04:07:24 PM »
Thanks, I wll do that, I also had problem with QCF and QCF x2

Waifu Material

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2011, 05:16:23 PM »

have you ever played on a stick before or.. how long you last played on a stick?It s normal to have problems with execution if you haven t played a long time.Some people say an octagonal gate is better for those movements...but i like square gate because i have more precision.

Give it a week to accommodate like i said
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 05:19:16 PM by KBlackNoah »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2011, 05:46:43 PM »
Yeah, it can be a little weird getting used to a stick for the first time.  I remember constantly ending up with accidental tiger knees when I was trying to do low tiger shots with Sagat years ago *laughs* .  If you have a way to see your inputs displayed, spend some time using that and just practicing doing basic motions (qcf, dp, dashing, hcb~f, etc.), trying to do them without any extra inputs.  Remember to practice the motions facing both ways, too!  I know that sounds obvious, but a LOT of people overlook it and then cry that they can't dash to the left or something.  It's alright to "ride the gate" (push the stick as far as it can go) at first, but you'll want to eventually be able to do motions with as little movement as possible.

As far as gates, it's pretty much personal preference.  I like square the most since it gives you precise diagonals (good for command normals like Kyo's d/f+D) and it has less maximum movement than octagonal, plus most arcades with japanese setups that I've been to are square gates, as well as most japanese sticks (if can you ever need to borrow someone else's).
Old man/bad player

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »

have you ever played on a stick before or.. how long you last played on a stick?It s normal to have problems with execution if you haven t played a long time.Some people say an octagonal gate is better for those movements...but i like square gate because i have more precision.

Give it a week to accommodate like i said

I hadn't played with a stick for like a year at this point, college took tons of my time and I couldn't go to the ARCADES

that being said, with my happ competion for PC i was playing 3 months and I didn't had any of this problems

Waifu Material

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 13, 2011, 07:52:55 PM »
Well, second day, and I'm doing better, I don't know if the first day I was afraid to break the stick or what, but now I could pull motions more fluidly, and don't lnow why, but comboing jump normals is way more easy with stick than with a pad

I will try some combos in 98, my favorite basic combos like ex yuri with 2b, 2a, and one of her 2 DM are working well, but with kim I had problems comboing 5c, 6a, DM, only in the first player side, in the second one I could pull it well.

this is not my first time using an stick, but is the first time in a wayu long time

here some pics

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 07:59:59 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2011, 11:14:57 PM »
my favorite basic combos like ex yuri with 2b, 2a

When did KOF turn into Melty Blood?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 14, 2011, 02:26:57 PM »
You mean when did Melty take reverse beats from KOF, right? ;)
Old man/bad player

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2011, 03:10:41 PM »

arrived today :D

PurpGuy

• Rising Dragon
  • XBox Live: PurpGuy
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 14, 2011, 04:47:36 PM »
That's beyond cool.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #131 on: July 14, 2011, 05:38:54 PM »
That's beyond cool.

As a collector's item they are pretty cool (i recommend buying this for collectors if you find it at a decent price - The King of Fighters Orochi Collection [Limited Edition] - the package also includes the game) but they are cheaply made and don t offer to much stability for play.If you need a stick to play avoid this.With this money you could buy a hori pro or a madcatz te
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:50:35 PM by KBlackNoah »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 14, 2011, 06:39:26 PM »
You mean when did Melty take reverse beats from KOF, right? ;)

I think he means the numerical thingy used by fans to write movements in GG, BB and i guess Melty Blood.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #133 on: July 14, 2011, 07:25:17 PM »
my stick collection.i only want that sega saturn HSS-0130 and i am done buying sticks..and maybe 2 Dreamcast sticks if i find them cheap :)

@ nilcam

I think you said you have a Garou: Mark of the Wolves neo geo stick 2 - can you post a picture of that? Someone made me a sweet offer :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 09:17:58 PM by KBlackNoah »

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #134 on: July 14, 2011, 11:47:22 PM »
I used to have a Neo-Geo Stick 2, the 1st edition one. Worked really nicely for RB2 with it's layout, but I've since gotten rid of it and adapted to using the Namco Stick, I doubt I can ever go back.

I really wanted that Garou Neo-Geo Stick though...  few years ago a dude offered to sell me one for cheap, almost kinda wish I went for it.