Author Topic: Who getting MK9?  (Read 23395 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting MK9?
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 09:26:48 PM »
I just had bought the game, so far looks like a very good game

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 10:06:41 PM »
I personally wish they had a rebalanced version of UMK3, without having to put the code in for the 3 extra "hidden" characters, and with a toned downed versions of both Cyborg and Human Smoke... That one was probably the best one aside from MK2...

Are there any dev blogs talking about the balancing changes they're making for the game??? I mean its supposed to be tourney-worthy, so I wanna see how true they are to their word...

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 10:54:52 PM »
From what I played in the demo, I liked it.

Just need to save up money for it, probably will trade in MVC3 for it.
You're too slow!!

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2011, 12:18:15 AM »
pfff .. i have it on preorder -  i will get it hopefully next week ... and i cannot wait no more :))

le: @sibarraz - how is the netcode compared to sf or mvc3?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 12:43:21 AM by KBlackNoah »

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2011, 03:38:05 AM »
pfff .. i have it on preorder -  i will get it hopefully next week ... and i cannot wait no more :))

le: @sibarraz - how is the netcode compared to sf or mvc3?

I couldn't give you an opinion for

1) I don't have gold

2) As everybody knows, MK9 has a code to activate the online modes, but it seems that this code will not work until 5 more days, since the guy who sold the game here, sold it 5 days before the official release

Waifu Material

FreeRunner

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2011, 04:37:55 AM »
The story mode makes me a sad panda :'(.
You're too slow!!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2011, 05:27:09 AM »
I don't get damage scaling in this game

If with raiden a pull jX, A,A,B (Juggle) A,A, X-RAY, I will do less damage than if I did jX, A,A,B, X-RAY

WTF?

Waifu Material

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2011, 06:56:40 AM »
If with raiden a pull jX, A,A,B (Juggle) A,A, X-RAY, I will do less damage than if I did jX, A,A,B, X-RAY

That is what damage scalling means. If you want high damage you must reset  or if you want to finish it with a special/xraymove/ultra...etc and get maximum damage you should do a basic combo(aka as few hits as possible) + special

here is an example for sf4

After a certain number of hits all of the combos in Street Fighter IV start taking off less damage.

100% damage for first and second hits of a combo.
80% damage for third hit.
70% damage for fourth hit.
60% damage for fifth hit.
50% damage for sixth hit.
40% damage for seventh hit.
30% damage for eighth hit.
20% damage for ninth hit.
And each hit beyond the ninth drops the damage by an additional 10%.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:00:15 AM by KBlackNoah »

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2011, 08:24:05 AM »

That is what damage scalling means. If you want high damage you must reset  or if you want to finish it with a special/xraymove/ultra...etc and get maximum damage you should do a basic combo(aka as few hits as possible) + special

here is an example for sf4

After a certain number of hits all of the combos in Street Fighter IV start taking off less damage.

100% damage for first and second hits of a combo.
80% damage for third hit.
70% damage for fourth hit.
60% damage for fifth hit.
50% damage for sixth hit.
40% damage for seventh hit.
30% damage for eighth hit.
20% damage for ninth hit.
And each hit beyond the ninth drops the damage by an additional 10%.

Correct, except sf4 always scales by 10% on each hit after the second except for focus attacks that cause crumple and ultras, both of those cause 20%. MK9 might just have a higher degree of damage scaling because of the juggle system that can cause some seriously lengthy combos like scorpions warp punch juggle.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2011, 03:00:41 PM »
i just copy pasted that stuff from the internets just to give him an idea - i am not a data,frame hog  :)

just arrived at my door - too bad fucking PSN is down!!!111..wanted to activate my classic reptile skin ^^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2011, 01:16:12 AM »
i just copy pasted that stuff from the internets just to give him an idea - i am not a data,frame hog  :)

just arrived at my door - too bad fucking PSN is down!!!111..wanted to activate my classic reptile skin ^^

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Ok, i know how the scaling works because i've played the game a fair deal. I don't however really read into frames either. I think it kinda spoils the fun.

I've got ermac to activate, though i've played mortal kombat all day today with a group of friends so it has been a great start to the game anyways for me. The story mode is fantastic btw! I couldn't expect it to be what it is.. Just awesome.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2011, 03:02:40 AM »
I played a few hours in training mode to get the fell for the game mechanics and challange tower.
Yeah story mode kicks ass but i can't play single player mode for some reason in many vs games so i waited for my brother to arrive home and i watched him play till i felt asleep ... last thing i remember was cyrax and sector fighting because of that robot thingy =)) ..or liu kang vs kitana ... pff i was so tired
This is what a 60$ should look like! aka a lot of content

PSN still down - wtf are they doing?

le: http://www.thinq.co.uk/2011/4/21/sony-psn-down-amid-rumours-anonymous-ddos/#ixzz1KCDvpAID  Oups =))
« Last Edit: April 22, 2011, 03:41:06 AM by KBlackNoah »

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2011, 05:31:10 PM »
Toy "R" US is having a sale on MK9, its literally selling for half price sale end on friday. I went their expecting to find it, it already sold out.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2011, 06:50:34 PM »
Yeah the game did very good the first week i think they sold over 1 milion copies for both platforms (which is very good for a fighting game) and i think they want to increase sales.
Amazon now has it for 40$...still i do not mind i preordered it and paid 60$ because the game deserved every penny :) and i do not mind supporting it
Overall MK is a great success (i think it will sell at least double than mvc 3) - playmore and the publisher for XIII should learn from them on how to properly market a fighting game, keep in touch with the community and make moneys!

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2011, 11:25:06 PM »
Yeah the game did very good the first week i think they sold over 1 milion copies for both platforms (which is very good for a fighting game) and i think they want to increase sales.
Amazon now has it for 40$...still i do not mind i preordered it and paid 60$ because the game deserved every penny :) and i do not mind supporting it
Overall MK is a great success (i think it will sell at least double than mvc 3) - playmore and the publisher for XIII should learn from them on how to properly market a fighting game, keep in touch with the community and make moneys!

A friend told me that mk9 had live advertisment with actors dressed up as mileena and kitana at an mma gala in stockholm last saturday (that is capcom level). The thing that is so complicated with competing with mortal kombat (if you wanna do that) is that more than any other current fighting game mortal kombat is a full package. It will keep you occupied for days working through the single player content alone. Outside of capcoms trial mode they really have nothing up to snuff.. Though trial is still very good and i think snkp should rip that idea off.

I bought the kollectors edition of mk9 and i absolutely think it was worth it. Without psn i've hounded some of my friends to play and it has been sweet with some face to face (almost) battles. It has outdone mvc3 by miles and i'm curious to see if it will fare as well as street fighter 4 over time.