Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 77352 times)

Ash Riot

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Who getting UMVC 3?
« Reply #225 on: October 18, 2011, 05:16:06 AM »

Derp.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 18, 2011, 05:26:31 AM »

Derp.

As stupid as that is (and it was also at SB:V Grand Finals), there's something oddly funny and hype about it.  By UMvC3, it will (hopefully) be one of those things we all look back and laugh at...maybe. Just think of it as the clashes from TvC we never got transferred over.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 18, 2011, 05:33:33 AM »
lol, that pic made me laugh XD
Good thing she has been nerfed.

I don't want to turn this into a wishlist, but the character i want now is Gene from God Hand, but we all know it's not gonna happen anytime soon.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 18, 2011, 06:28:22 AM »

I don't want to turn this into a wishlist, but the character i want now is Gene from God Hand, but we all know it's not gonna happen anytime soon.
id kill for hayato and a bunch of other people capcom side is still very underwhelming

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 18, 2011, 06:31:30 AM »

id kill for hayato and a bunch of other people capcom side is still very underwhelming

Hey, I'm just happy that HaH proved that Capcom still remembers that some of these guys exist...

EDIT:  In other news, if Nick wasn't beasting over everyone enough, he has the best damn alts in the entire game.  I'm gonna be rocking Godot alt for life (and if not that, I could go Gumshoe only to get Maya's Franziska alternate).
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 07:44:27 PM by Saitsuofleaves »
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Zabel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 19, 2011, 12:28:06 AM »
Why ar people calling charcters that have been big in Marvel comics for the last decade obscure? Oh wait I forgot most people that are fans of the VS series don't read.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 19, 2011, 12:39:58 AM »
Why ar people calling charcters that have been big in Marvel comics for the last decade obscure? Oh wait I forgot most people that are fans of the VS series don't read.

Pretty much.  Every time I hear someone say Rocket Raccoon is obscure, I die a little inside.  It's fine if you don't read Marvel, but I hate when people try to pass off 90's Animated Series and the Movies as actual comics knowledge.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 19, 2011, 01:42:38 AM »
im more of a manga person myself but i know a decent bit about some marvel characters outside the really well known ones thanks to some friends

i guess in most peoples minds if the dont have some kind of cartoon or a movie thats come out in the last few years then they are obscure

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 19, 2011, 05:54:43 AM »
Ultimate Norcal vs. Capcom 2 on November 8th.

I bet my boy Nick takes it, just off the strength of CORNERED.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 19, 2011, 07:11:53 AM »
I agree with the previous posts, people say they want Venom, they want the Eddie Brock version, or the same with other 90's characters.

Hell, even i complain to myself for some choices, like Nova, Strange, Iron Fist,etc. but that's because i don't care nor i read their comics, i'm sure they have a bunch of fans waiting to try them.

tl;dr Apparently the Marvel side is aiming to please fans that READ Marvel comics, not to please the cassual "Marvel fan".

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 19, 2011, 07:38:26 AM »
I agree with the previous posts, people say they want Venom, they want the Eddie Brock version, or the same with other 90's characters.

Hell, even i complain to myself for some choices, like Nova, Strange, Iron Fist,etc. but that's because i don't care nor i read their comics, i'm sure they have a bunch of fans waiting to try them.

tl;dr Apparently the Marvel side is aiming to please fans that READ Marvel comics, not to please the cassual "Marvel fan".

Pretty much with the exception of a few (like Jean who's dead).

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 19, 2011, 12:25:43 PM »
I'm impressed with UMVC3's progress. The HaH mode has Marvel 2-type potential, which I'd call a lose/win (balance loses [probably]/creativity wins). I'll give Capcom credit for Phoenix; he doesn't look bad at all (hope Frank doesn't look as stiff though). Most credit for Phoenix goes to that theme; next thing they need is a mode where it's one theme per match (Haggar, Taskmaster, Phoenix, Cap, and Zero's Themes all day)

To the thing about obscure characters, that's one thing I almost welcome in a Capcom fighter. It doesn't always work, but it's much better than being stagnant with the same ol' stuff. I hoping Rocket Racoon is actually pretty good, and not as Choi-sized as I think they're going to make him. But I also agree with the guy who wanted Punisher; I just would've switched him with Dr. Strange.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 26, 2011, 05:26:57 PM »
'ASSIST ME!' - Phoenix Wright and Iron Fist: Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Live Action Tutorial

I don't usually post these...but NO ONE can defeat the greatness that is UltraWright!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 01, 2011, 01:16:05 AM »
Rocket Raccoon Character Vignette - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Frank West Character Vignette - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

Frank West vs Rocket Raccoon - Gameplay - Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP1Sx7ZVd3k&feature=player_embedded#!

Yeah, reveals, the whole nine, Nick seems to have great help with Rocky and his Log Trap assist.  Both seem...interesting to say the least.  Rocky seems to do terrible amounts of damage and his health seems bad, but he has a lot of versatility and is very nimble.

Frank...well the rumors of being like his TvC incarnation seem to be put to rest, because he's a lot different.  I'll miss the That's Hilarious line though.  But he seems to have a lot of neat tricks, and while most of his moveset differs from TvC, his core gameplan seems somewhat the same, which is resets.

Looks like we'll need some help from Max though to get all we can out of them, because it seems SKill has been getting a little light on that front, most likely realizing he has help from Max.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 01, 2011, 01:37:32 AM »
tbh i much rather have chuck that frank