Author Topic: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!  (Read 78070 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 Thread, Larga vida al rey magneto!
« Reply #300 on: December 03, 2011, 12:53:05 PM »
Lol vgchartz, but it seems that the game flopped HARD

http://www.gamespot.com/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/forum/messages/platform/ps3?topic_id=m-1-61181251&pid=637240&page=0

Good, Capcom deserves a kick in the balls.

Something tells me Capcom saw that kick-in-the-balls coming one way or another. Alienating the buyers of Vanilla with no DLC options, releasing next to another fighter, releasing next to mutliple AAA titles, releasing within the same year of the original. As a lot of people kept saying, releasing alongside the Avengers movie next year would've been the perfect time. And who knows how many additional balances and characters could've been added with more months. Unless they didn't want close competition to SFxT, there's gotta be a better reason why they released when they did.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #301 on: December 03, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »
Lol vgchartz, but it seems that the game flopped HARD

http://www.gamespot.com/ultimate-marvel-vs-capcom-3/forum/messages/platform/ps3?topic_id=m-1-61181251&pid=637240&page=0

Good, Capcom deserves a kick in the balls.

"But Marvel is the most popular game, so it's gonna sell well.." That's what someone said to me comparing it to KOF XIII and its "potential" sales because it isn't "popular" in the area I'm in... It seems that so far KOF XIII has tripled UMvC3's sales already from what I saw... 147K compared to 39K you do the math... :)

I got a feeling that Christmas sales aren't gonna save it this time around...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:42:41 PM by jinxhand »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: December 03, 2011, 11:31:25 PM »
KOF selling more than a Capcom fighter (might wait until after Xmas though) would be the sweetest thing to have ever happened to SNKP.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: December 05, 2011, 11:59:21 PM »
Well considering Capcom has all of those Vanilla sales as well...not to mention all the exposure of the stream...yeah, I don't think SNKP will be doing the happy jig anytime soon, besides SNKP should only be worrying about their own game, not Capcom's.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: December 12, 2011, 03:00:28 AM »
Also, I officially rename Wesker's Level 4 X-Factor, Tim Tebow Factor.  That is all.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: December 12, 2011, 05:58:16 AM »
How many Weskers do you see in play usually?
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: December 12, 2011, 10:01:23 AM »

Trust me when I say you do not want to know the honest answer to that question.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: December 12, 2011, 10:42:36 AM »

Trust me when I say you do not want to know the honest answer to that question.

Ok, if you see as many Weskers as we say K's in JPN arcade videos, that's a problem.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 12, 2011, 05:32:31 PM »
Well if we're talking tourneys, then yeah, the frequency is almost as high.  Outside of tourneys, meh, don't see him as often because people are trying out new shit.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 12, 2011, 11:48:45 PM »
"But Marvel is the most popular game, so it's gonna sell well.." That's what someone said to me comparing it to KOF XIII and its "potential" sales because it isn't "popular" in the area I'm in... It seems that so far KOF XIII has tripled UMvC3's sales already from what I saw... 147K compared to 39K you do the math... :)

I got a feeling that Christmas sales aren't gonna save it this time around...

It's a shame that that is what happened, because I feel that Ultimate is the game that we should've had the first time around from Capcom. But with all those Megaman fans feeling disenfranchised, Vanilla being a strong disappointment, still no story mode, it's the week after MODERN WARFARE AND SKYRIM, Heroes and Heralds isn't even out, it's a revision and lots of complainers for Venom/Gambit/etc. This was bound to happen. As much as I appreciate them trying to appeal to the players, there is a place for fanservice and they screwed up this time. Hard.

I kind of thought that those disenfranchise by Capcom would jump ship to KOF, but I didn't expect it to be this drastic. Guess being a week after Marvel wasn't so bad after all.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 14, 2011, 03:42:17 AM »
Yep, the comparission with KOF XIII is important since

1) Everybody said that XIII was dead for being released the same month

2) the fact that a mvc game is selling way less than a SNKP game in NA is BAD

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 14, 2011, 03:50:13 AM »
Yep, the comparission with KOF XIII is important since

1) Everybody said that XIII was dead for being released the same month

2) the fact that a mvc game is selling way less than a SNKP game in NA is BAD

Except again, we have absolutely no proof of the second outside of VGChartz which again, is about less accurate than me randomly throwing out two numbers.

But no one ever said XIII was dead, only that it would generate less sales, which is still true.  Still guarantee that XIII would've had more sales if it had released earlier or later than it did, and on top of that, XIII's online right now is nigh dead thanks to even worse netcode that what Capcom puts out, which is worse since people who were gonna wait on possibly buying KOFXIII are gonna look at that and might reconsider.

If after the holidays we get more solid sales numbers and that they say KOFXIII easily outpaced UMvC3 after that, THEN you can shit on them all you want, hell I might join you.  Until then, I wouldn't revel in a victory just yet.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 14, 2011, 05:53:31 AM »
Isn't even a victory since I don't care, I liked UMVC3, but I hope that this lows sales make the game disappear

Waifu Material

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 14, 2011, 06:03:27 AM »
Isn't even a victory since I don't care, I liked UMVC3, but I hope that this lows sales make the game disappear

You obviously care if you want the game to disappear, which is insanely ignorant by the way, XIII would probably go down faster than UMvC3 even with twice the sales unfortunately.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 14, 2011, 06:29:31 AM »
I sure hope that the sales aren't that abysmal. Ultimate is hella fun and I hope more people catch on when H&H gets released next week.

Also knowing Atlus, I know KOF won't be a slouch. They're REALLY good at marketing and getting hype for their games. I also love how much support they're giving the community. Eventually I believe the game will sell by word of mouth.