Author Topic: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread  (Read 139889 times)

Phoenixazure

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: The King of Fighters 2002/Neowave/UM/Tougeki General Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2010, 02:52:27 AM »
played against sibarezz. Ran great, very noticeable input lag tho, lag clocked in avg 250 ms. played 2 online matches around 110ms , less lag but still noticable. I'll say its good enough for casual play, just don't take it too seriously. I also need to adjust for lag so i don't drop combos like a fiend.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2010, 04:14:49 AM »
One things for sure, its no NGBC in terms of netcode... But who knows, maybe if people said something to ignition somebody or a liason that works for/with SNK, they might fix it... They're actively listening now, too...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 06:15:13 AM by jinxhand »

Rex Dart

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2010, 04:58:33 AM »
Ignition has nothing to do with SNK's Xbox Live offerings.

Ash2k4

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2010, 06:26:00 AM »
Played a few cats today l have wireless internet not too much lag l only played people 100 and down not 200 and up its alot better than kof 98um. GG to SA CAB
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 11:18:16 AM by Ash2k4 »
SNK WE ARE THE FUTURE !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2010, 07:11:16 AM »
I played Xxenace. Ping was about 100 and I found it laggy. I saw a few instances of rollback. I'm on a wired connection.

GGs, Xxenace! I've got to finalize my team and work on improving my game.
i didn't have any lag at all bro but anyway good matches and i found out today that i cant use robert when i play online so i need a new third member for my team

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
Damn this is disappointing. Was so anxious about this port and again the netcode is medium quality. I didn't get my gold membership card yet and I think I won't since I am living at south Europe and I am sure I'll suffer from lag.

SilverPhoenix

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2010, 01:37:00 PM »
I ended up getting 6 Games in, myself. Here were my findings.

Matches 1 -3 1 - 3: 82 - 103ms with flawless games from where I sat.

Matches 4: ~95ms this game was where I think I experienced rollback on my end (twice), that was quickly dealt with. The match was still more than playable, but there was a snag in the proceedings.

Matches 5 - 6 ~85ms sharing the same "flawless" movement that I got from games 1 - 3

This isn't a perfect sample by no means, but the Netcode seems like it runs on a much better level than 98UM, but won't replace Face to Face play. (This is by no means a bad thing, due to the Community that Fighting Games have in general) The Game isn't over in this regard, but SNKP may have another "Online" winner on their hands.

Too bad it seems like the game isn't marketed as well as it should be.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2010, 07:28:30 PM by SilverPhoenix »

sibarraz

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2010, 07:21:29 PM »
Being host doesn't matter, I played in a hosted match from some guy here and the match runs fine

The input delay at worst could be from 5 to 7 frames from my experiences, in 98 I recall that my character moved after 4 seconds of putting the input

Waifu Material

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2010, 07:56:42 PM »
Ok. So far I have 15 decent matches, very little lag. I noticed the download package for 02UM was about 300mb or so less than NGBC, and all the SNK games with bad netcode average 150mb, so UM's package came just short of great netcode for everyone maybe. But glad to hear more people are having good matches. I'm playing UM much smoother than I used to with S/SF4. Great port overall I must say; even better if there's a way to increase the netcode capability.

Other players range from 50ms to 150ms. Somehow my ping is reading 0ms. I've looked this up and I'm getting mixed messages as to what that 'ms' is or how important it is. Some have said the lower the better, some boast about having 100+ms. Can anyone explain this for me?
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2010, 08:14:20 PM »
The lower the ping, the less lag you'll experience... The higher the number, well you know that just sucks at that point... Roughly anything with a ping of 160ish (maybe slightly more) and lower is good... Some might say 100 or lower, but I've experienced good matches with a ping of 120 and it depends on the network setup sometimes - like wireless connections might show good ping, but can have a tendency to lag spike...

So you got 50-150, that's actually not bad really... I'll be online today and I can see how I fair out network-wise against your connection if you happen to be on...

Has anyone had to redownload 02UM and notice a change in the lag???

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 04, 2010, 08:21:35 PM »
Eh...I won't even playing. Input delay flat out ruins the experience for me. If games could replicate how Hyper SF2 XBOX Original/HDR/KOF 2003 XBOX original played, this would be good. Sadly, not the case.

jinxhand

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 04, 2010, 09:13:39 PM »
If not for the online support, I still would've bought it for local matches... Besides, 02UM is the closest thing to KOFXIII in terms of system, and I'm pretty sure a bunch of people aren't around a KOFXIII machine...

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 04, 2010, 10:29:34 PM »
My closest local competition is 45 minutes away and I do find driving in my current city of residence to be a complete pain in the ass.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 04, 2010, 10:36:58 PM »
The lower the ping, the less lag you'll experience... The higher the number, well you know that just sucks at that point... Roughly anything with a ping of 160ish (maybe slightly more) and lower is good... Some might say 100 or lower, but I've experienced good matches with a ping of 120 and it depends on the network setup sometimes - like wireless connections might show good ping, but can have a tendency to lag spike...

So you got 50-150, that's actually not bad really... I'll be online today and I can see how I fair out network-wise against your connection if you happen to be on...

Has anyone had to redownload 02UM and notice a change in the lag???

Thanks Jinx. Also, if you re-download the game, does an acutal pic of 2002UM come up, or is it still the generic Xbox box? Sick of potential players seeing KOF as underrepresented by not even having box art.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

XTG

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 04, 2010, 10:47:48 PM »
I just deleted the game.