Author Topic: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world  (Read 70801 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: New Virtua Figher 5
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2011, 05:54:47 PM »
Want further proof that the world is ending the 2012?

There you had
horry shit

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2011, 07:46:50 PM »
Is it finally true?

Where's Jinx? We need to crack the champaign together. Only thing is I really hope there's a boxed version eventually coming out.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2011, 07:47:49 PM »
WTF!? As a Downloadable Game!? Why SEGA why!?

Give me it on Disc! VF5FS deserves a Disc release, Damn it!

Annoucement Trailer:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 07:52:30 PM by DarKaoZ »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 08:27:54 PM »
cant you people just be glad its finally coming out

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2011, 08:35:37 PM »

I'm glad, don't get me wrong. But VF fans deserve a full flesh release of the game with store pre-order bonuses and all, not just a DL version of it.

VF fans have waited years for this game, they deserve more than just "here the game, can you shut-up?" kind of strategy from SEGA. But then again, that is my opinion.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2011, 08:46:07 PM »

this

Even though I could understand darkaoz sentiments, tell me 3 years ago than KOF will had a full fledged release and VF not and I will told you that you were crazy

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2011, 09:02:07 PM »

I'm glad, don't get me wrong. But VF fans deserve a full flesh release of the game with store pre-order bonuses and all, not just a DL version of it.

VF fans have waited years for this game, they deserve more than just "here the game, can you shut-up?" kind of strategy from SEGA. But then again, that is my opinion.
true but thing and im sure you know this as well not many people in the states play VF so say if sega did release they game at a full 60 dollars and it it didn't sell well compared to most other fighting games i would think that would give sega even more reason to not release another version here in the states  i dont think sega is using the here kid take it and get the fuck out my face strategy i think they're playing it smart i much rather have a game be released as a dl-only game with a price of say 15 to 30 bucks  and have a little bit of success instead if realease it for 60 and have only just the fans buy it for to fall on its face soon after plus i think its a good way for lesser known games to get a few sales and makes it so the the game isn't hard to find after a few years of course this is just all my opinion

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2011, 11:46:10 PM »
Just because this will be a downloadable game it doesn't mean it will be half-assed. Like many I'll just be glad to finally get this game. LONG LIVE VIRTUA FIGHTER!!!

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2011, 12:13:51 AM »
It will be an arcade game or a game on demand type?

Still, for 15 bucks, I will be glad if we got all the content that vf5 online gave us

Arcade mode
quest mode
training mode
customise clothes

The only thing missing was a tutorial like the one that appeared on vf4, and the game will had all the content that I want, it will be better than basing the extra content of the game on a beat em up like t6

Waifu Material

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2011, 12:18:34 AM »
VF5 for the ps3 is the only fighting game my younger brother likes to play, and it actually is fun to play with him aswell because he puts some genuine thought and effort into it when we do play. Most of my friends have otherwise dismissed it for one or another reason so i haven't really played it all too much and am not all that deep in to it, but with the added online i could probably get them to give it a shot aswell and get some offline play aswell.

I've been thinking of trying tekken 5 or 6 for some time, mostly since i didn't really expect a vf game that i could play against humans (sort of) in.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2011, 01:31:01 AM »
I hope that the game includes the frame data in game, was a nice addition

Waifu Material

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2011, 07:55:50 AM »
Is it finally true?

Where's Jinx? We need to crack the champaign together. Only thing is I really hope there's a boxed version eventually coming out.

I'm doing backflips and such... I have 2 fighters to get hyped about now.

As for the game being downloadable, well Sega's sales on disc have sucked hard. I mean you can go into Gamestop right now and pick up VF5 for probably less than $5 now. Having VF5FS as DLC would be the only way Sega can play it safe. No refunds, no reason to change the game pricing. They've done pretty good with one of those games on sale on psn, and now its available on xbl, I can't remember the game though...

It's taking so long to come out because like SNK, they too were waiting for the "smoke" to clear. As of now, the only 2012 games to worry about is TxSF I believe... VF has done better in the arcades vs Tekken, so they're probably assuming the same for console (?)...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2011, 08:04:54 AM »
im seriously gonna need to have somebody teach me VF im straight ass at it

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2011, 04:21:28 PM »
As far as I know T6 did better than VF5 on the arcades for like 3 years

Btw xxenace, I recall watching a clip of the anime from your sig when the blue haired girl was raping some adult guys on a sort of virtua fighter spin off

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »
As far as I know T6 did better than VF5 on the arcades for like 3 years

Btw xxenace, I recall watching a clip of the anime from your sig when the blue haired girl was raping some adult guys on a sort of virtua fighter spin off
yeah lucky star