Author Topic: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world  (Read 70253 times)

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world
« Reply #180 on: June 05, 2012, 02:07:59 AM »
What time does PSN usually update?  12pm PST?  I can't wait for it.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 05, 2012, 04:29:12 AM »
So, who's not playing on the LameStation 3?

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 05, 2012, 01:46:53 PM »

You're just pissed because your console comes with shitty controllers, no blu-ray and the fact that you have to pay to utilize its online.

LameStation forever, yay! Oh yeah, i just read, i might be getting VF5FS for free since i have LameStation +, haha!

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2012, 05:59:05 PM »

You're just pissed because your console comes with shitty controllers, no blu-ray and the fact that you have to pay to utilize its online.

Xbox does have better servers... Just sayin'... I've tested this on numerous occasions. I have SG, HDR and T6 for both systems, and I fair better on 360. I'm only getting it for ps3 though because it "comes out earlier". To answer Proto's question, I'm still snagging it for my 360 though, as more players from VFDC are on there, and I like using my older madcatz round 2 stick vice my madcatz s stick, even though it's dual modded, but whatever... 

LameStation forever, yay! Oh yeah, i just read, i might be getting VF5FS for free since i have LameStation +, haha!

It's only free until your sub ends. You don't own the license still.

Will you guys mind trying to do some chilean-northamerican matches to test connection?

My PSN Id is DefensorVirtuoso

DefensorVirtuoso is the name that the vf anime received here, which oddly enough translates to righteous defender

I'll help test the connection... Mine is pretty good, so it couldn't hurt to find out how good it is...

In case anyone didn't see the Ultrachentv stream, here's the links:

http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/b/320410194 - First Attack Show
http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/b/320416701 - Level 3 Focus

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2012, 07:22:38 PM »
I'll end up with it on xbox eventually, I don't have a stick for xbox though.  I agree that the xbox live servers are better, but that's about the only thing I like better on the xbox though.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 05, 2012, 07:26:39 PM »
you know i am even know i dont know how to play vf

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 05, 2012, 07:27:23 PM »
I'll end up with it on xbox eventually, I don't have a stick for xbox though.  I agree that the xbox live servers are better, but that's about the only thing I like better on the xbox though.
we got better arcade games bro

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 05, 2012, 09:07:25 PM »

I own a Playstation 3. I like it, but its controller totally blows ass. Its analogs are flimsy and L2/R2/dpad are mushy as hell. The online is worse by the least 2-4 frames, lacks party chat, but you know what? Guess that doesn't matter, right? Way to show off that PSFanboy spirit! >_> (The Blu-ray was a nice touch btw. XD)

PS+ is a rental system, I would know by personal experience. :P

And on top of that. That was a joke son.

Anyways, back to reality. Who's gonna be maining who? I think I'll stick with Kage and second Jean Kujo because he looks rad as hell to play as.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 09:09:56 PM by Proto Cloud »

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 05, 2012, 09:22:30 PM »
It's been a long time since I've played VF, and when I did it wasn't very serious.  So I don't know who I'll be using as my main.  I agree with the controller Proto, it isn't as sturdy as the PS1 or PS2 and I hate it.  I've never understood why people hate the Xbox 360 for fighting games, I've never had problems with it. 

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 05, 2012, 10:59:33 PM »
Is out, search for virtua fighter

Waifu Material

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2012, 09:21:40 AM »
Played this game online.  I have a decent connection of around 30-40mbps down and 4 up.  I sensed a quarter of a second lag on some of the inputs.  People just seem to button mash to victory too and whoever can press the most buttons win.  The lag killed my

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2012, 10:13:18 AM »
This game is the shit. I played online and all my matches felt great. There was a little hangup once but that was it. I'm going to play more tomorrow and see how things are compared to today.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2012, 12:24:49 PM »
I was just doing a bit of friendly trolling.

I've allways figured xbox 360 ought to be better online since it is a premium feature so to say.

I think the ps3 pad is so so, as you say, the analogs feel imprecise, lower shoulder buttons mushy and as a bonus i'll add that me and my friends call the dpad "the grater" (cheese grater) though in our native language, since it is the number one thumb killer. Otherwise, i think it is a good standard controller.

I do love my blu-ray though. I have a friend who has a dedicated blu-ray player that couldn't play his game of thrones set, he lent it to me, i popped it in and voila, ps3 gets it done.

I'll be trying Aoi and Goh first hand as they are characters i liked in regular vf5 though i've been thinking of trying Jacky and/or Brad aswell. It all depends on how the characters feel now.

KarnF91

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2012, 07:36:25 PM »
Most of the matches I played online were pretty decent for me.  I can barely play KoF XIII online, but I'm able to play some VF which is nice.  I'm sure the online is better on the Xbox version, I'll have to give it a try soon.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2012, 11:57:58 PM »

Xbox does have better servers... Just sayin'... I've tested this on numerous occasions. I have SG, HDR and T6 for both systems, and I fair better on 360. I'm only getting it for ps3 though because it "comes out earlier". To answer Proto's question, I'm still snagging it for my 360 though, as more players from VFDC are on there, and I like using my older madcatz round 2 stick vice my madcatz s stick, even though it's dual modded, but whatever... 

It's only free until your sub ends. You don't own the license still.

Will you guys mind trying to do some chilean-northamerican matches to test connection?

My PSN Id is DefensorVirtuoso

DefensorVirtuoso is the name that the vf anime received here, which oddly enough translates to righteous defender

I'll help test the connection... Mine is pretty good, so it couldn't hurt to find out how good it is...

In case anyone didn't see the Ultrachentv stream, here's the links:

http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/b/320410194 - First Attack Show
http://www.twitch.tv/ultrachentv/b/320416701 - Level 3 Focus

Oh silly ignorance.  Xbox having better servers?  NO Xbox games have severs.  Their entire infastructure is based on p2p.  The PS3 actually does use servers for games though.

Also the reason for "better" gaming on 360 is due to almost everyone being wired there while everyone on the PS3 is on shitty lagtastic packet dropping wireless.