Author Topic: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world  (Read 71147 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: The Virtua Figher 5 thread: just 6 months before the end of the world
« Reply #105 on: April 04, 2012, 04:02:31 AM »
Dear god, sega lost 85 million dollars this year, that's a shitload of money

Apparently, all the games not named alien, football manager, total war and sonic will be cancelled

I doubt that this will happen with VF F5, but I wonder what will happen with a future VF 6, or worse yakuza 5

Hell, at times I think that since shenmue SEGA has lost 100 million dollars every year

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 04, 2012, 04:15:06 AM »
Dear god, sega lost 85 million dollars this year, that's a shitload of money

Apparently, all the games not named alien, football manager, total war and sonic will be cancelled

I doubt that this will happen with VF F5, but I wonder what will happen with a future VF 6, or worse yakuza 5

Hell, at times I think that since shenmue SEGA has lost 100 million dollars every year
there is no way in hell sega is going to let a yakuza game get cancelled im sure people would riot in japan and i would be right there with them

also what exactly caused them to lose so much cash?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2012, 04:25:17 AM »
Yakuza will probably live, but I highly doubt there'll be another VF from Sega ever again unless they start gaining a ton of cash.  Also, if it wasn't certain before, Shenmue is pretty much dead in the ground and has NO chance of 3.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
  • That Battle Fantasia Guy
    • View Profile
    • EMPYREAL CEREBELLUM BEATS
« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2012, 05:25:50 AM »
This is the time to show Sega that we truly support them and their games, as well as their changed marketing strategies...

I'm sure there will be a VF6, but if the general NAVF, and VF players elsewhere outside of Japan don't show support, it's gonna be an even longer time before we see VF6... I don't expect that til next gen consoles anyway, that's how Sega works (VF4:Final Tuned was the last "last gen" game to be released in arcades before working on VF5; VF4Evo for consoles was the last one for us not in Japan)...

I say this to those that say "I really like VF" but don't play or support it, as well as those who are interested in the game, or those who stay buying the next VF... We need you cats to come through this time... Sure, I might sound like a fanboy in theory with this post (but I can't be, because I'm Mr. Fighter's Megamix the enthusiast of all great fighters, lol) but we were just like this when KOFXIII dropped... We wanted (and still do want) people to buy the game and support it as much as possible, because its a good game from a respectable company...

The Sonic scene always comes through, as does the Yakuza fans... Who knows, if we support Sega enough, they might just start bringing back some heavy hitters... With NG3 possibly looking meh for the devout, Sega could come through and bust out with a Shinobi 2 (yeah the ps2 Shinobi didn't get a true sequel), or they might release Otogi 3 (I loved both Otogi games), or even snag those guys who did SoR4 and make that a reality...

All I'm saying is we gotta come through for these cats... It seems like the "big wigs" in gaming are throwing slops at the fans treating it like ambrosia, because well, "we" let them. The more smaller companies are really starting to become a threat now (not saying Sega's small, but revenue wise, Capcom and Namco got 'em on lock)... Team Ninja, SNKp, Revenge Labs (¿?), and even Arcsys are coming back with a vengeance imo... Support these people, people!!!

On a side note, I would love to see Dreamcast 2 to become a reality, but imo Xbox "is" the next Dreamcast, but that's for another discussion...

Back to VF... I got my damn shirt in the mail from Gamespot for answering those questions... The shirt is crazy nice!!!

Who's picking up Jean???

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2012, 05:34:32 AM »
 me and my ragtag squad of friends are already planing on buying VF(well some people are going to bum it off the other)

was thinking about using jean through im not exactly sure who im going to replace him with

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2012, 06:01:52 AM »
Guess I'll have to start supporting SEGA more actively now (the fanboy in me has spoken). That's a lot to lose, and hopefully they bounce back in the future.

Big part of me is glad FS release is already set.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:43:19 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2012, 06:11:56 AM »
http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/would-you-want-virtua-fighter-/1280886

also if you guys can sign this petition sure these things hardly ever work but im all for VF on pc

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2012, 06:45:38 AM »
http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/would-you-want-virtua-fighter-/1280886

also if you guys can sign this petition sure these things hardly ever work but im all for VF on pc

Thanks Xxenace. More VF for everyone.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2012, 09:32:31 PM »
^^ I'll second that. Jean Kujo is pretty sick and I love how awesome his animations are.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #114 on: April 05, 2012, 01:16:57 AM »
Just a shame Jean's default design isn't good, but customization can fix that. Get rid of that lame silver hair and collar, give'em a slight rugged beard and we got our self a better karate man.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 05, 2012, 03:18:29 AM »
Just a shame Jean's default design isn't good, but customization can fix that. Get rid of that lame silver hair and collar, give'em a slight rugged beard and we got our self a better karate man.

Or just pick his 2p costume, which is strikingly similar to Akira's 2p costume in terms of color... Akira's 2p costume was also his original before it got swapped with his "ryu" outfit...

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #116 on: April 05, 2012, 04:00:38 AM »
Speaking of which, long time ago I saw a customization of Akira in VF5, and he looked like Mr.Karate from Fatal Fury Wild Ambition.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 05, 2012, 05:00:55 AM »

I can deal with the silver hair and collar, it's the belly shirt that kills it for me.

jinxhand

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2012, 12:36:00 AM »
Speaking of which, long time ago I saw a customization of Akira in VF5, and he looked like Mr.Karate from Fatal Fury Wild Ambition.

In VF4evo my Akira looked like Paul Phoenix and Brad was made to look like Joe Higashi.

Anyway I can't wait to see what other items are available for customizing.

I can deal with the silver hair and collar, it's the belly shirt that kills it for me.

U play Benimaru???
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:40:52 AM by jinxhand »

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2012, 12:42:32 AM »
I make a special exception because he's based on Polnareff.